1/6 Hot Toys -MMS496- Episode II: AOTC - Count Dooku (Darth Tyranus) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys -MMS496- Episode II AOTC Count Dooku Collectible Figure

69748068_10214037212394331_2028565637185404928_n.jpg

Elegant Count is finally here, man such an phenomenal figure from HT.

03ffeba0404b6b27810fd02a6f9e17d4.jpg

Hot toys knocked this out of the park

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just need a HT General Grievous standing next to him, and couple of battle droids we shall have a High Army Council of Separatist :yess:

Great shots, everyone! Here's a quick one out of the box, minimal futzing:

COUNT DOOKU 003sm.jpg

First quick impressions: Wow, very classy and elegant...just what you would expect the Count to be. Cape is one of the most successful ones HT has done for a figure....really nice. Portrait is great, subtle stern expression looks really good.

And now my first nit...has anyone else had issues with the pins that go into the saber hilt? REALLY loose/hole too big making them completely useless. Am I missing something here? Disappointing to not be able to hang the hilt off his belt.

Other than that, I'm gonna enjoy getting some shots of this Sith Lord later. Hope to see more from other folks too!

Last edited:

Sideshow has finally shipped mine, so hopefully Count Christopher should be showing up in the next few days... :yess:

Great shots, everyone! Here's a quick one out of the box, minimal futzing:

View attachment 466056

First quick impressions: Wow, very classy and elegant...just what you would expect the Count to be. Cape is one of the most successful ones HT has done for a figure....really nice. Portrait is great, subtle stern expression looks really good.

And now my first nit...has anyone else had issues with the pins that go into the saber hilt? REALLY loose/hole too big making them completely useless. Am I missing something here? Disappointing to not be able to hang the hilt off his belt.

Other than that, I'm gonna enjoy getting some shots of this Sith Lord later. Hope to see more from other folks too!

I think the material used for Dooku's cape is virtually the same as the ones for Ani/Sith Ani/Obiwan.

I it may be the same material, but adding a lining and rhe ribbed shoulders the design calls for give the cape the weight and structure needed to get a really effective drape. It just looks really good.

Hilt hangs just fine on mine :dunno

IMG_5585.JPG

Dooku is just towering all of my other figures, except Vader. He emanates such powerful presence on shelf, what a beautifully crafted figure from Hot Toys. Would love to see General Grievous to pair with the Count!

Getting a closer look at him tonight...yes indeed...he has great presence. HT did a fine, classy job with this one. The outfit is a great example of the brilliant collaboration between Lucas and his costume designer, Trisha Biggar. The clean, elegant lines. The hint of Imperial style, the terrific cape that not only suits the character, but manages to offer a delightful nod to the great actor's cinematic history and the true gravitas he brings to this part.

Great portrait...love playing in the light with it. And yes, I finally figured out how o get the saber hilt to hang on the belt!

Another look....

COUNT DOOKU 006sm.jpg

So glad HT produced this character...he's a welcome addition to the collection and will provide many hours of photo fun.

How? Did you use the pin that came with it? It just falls right out of the hilt. What am I missing here?

Nothing fancy just did what it says on tin.

Back