1/6 Hot Toys -MMS496- Episode II: AOTC - Count Dooku (Darth Tyranus) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys -MMS496- Episode II AOTC Count Dooku Collectible Figure

Dooku is still listed as Preorder on BBTS. I guess I'll get mine on the second shipment then.... :dunno

Nothing fancy just did what it says on tin.

I ended up using the short pin...The long one kept falling out of the hilt. Just happy to have it working.

Last edited:

How long you guys think this figure will stay in stock at ssc?? Couple months?? Kenobi standard ed sold out without waitlist, a bit concerned that ill have to buy both him and yoda sooner rather than later.

Hot Toys -MMS496- Episode II AOTC Count Dooku Collectible Figure

How long you guys think this figure will stay in stock at ssc?? Couple months?? Kenobi standard ed sold out without waitlist, a bit concerned that ill have to buy both him and yoda sooner rather than later.

I dont have an answer, I didnt hesitate to put him on a payment plan once Sideshow started shipping him. I was concerned hed sell out too, and I didnt want to miss out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I dont have an answer, I didnt hesitate to put him on a payment plan once Sideshow started shipping him. I was concerned hed sell out too, and I didnt want to miss out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got my order in this morning, not worth playing the waiting game the sculpt is too damn good and he is getting rave reviews from most everyone. I dont believe he will be around long, and there is no deluxe to fall back on. Now i just got to po Yoda at some point (sooner rather than later); but am hedging my bets he will be around longer than dooku, due to his price point value ratio (lack of accessaries no second sculpt, small stature) and receiving more modest reviews overall, the price point being the biggest complaint. Personally im cool with the price its the timing of the outflows im trying to balance out lol

Taking a closer look at the Count of Serreno tonight....

COUNT DOOKU 009sm.jpg

What a gorgeous figure. HT has presented a fine, well-crafted sixth-scale version of one of the most infamous "Lost Twenty" of the Jedi.
Darth Tyranus features a really well done portrait. While it captures the essence of Christopher Lee quite well, it does have that usual HT quality of being slightly off the mark, but extremely well made. The finish is similar to Tarkin but not quite as waxy looking.

The hands seem a little large (especially with those long fingers) but they don't stand out as such with the Count's overall gaunt appearance. They are well detailed and "age appropriate".

The outfit is also really well-rendered. The tunic features the same approach as Tarkin with the added stiffness to the upper chest to help maintain the proper crisp look and the material has an interesting texture. Ihe only consequence of that is it becomes quite the dust and lint magnet. The belt is a handsome brown pleather. The only nit there is that the unfinished edges of the two panels give away the scale a bit and look a little messy compared to the rest of the presentation.

The pants are neatly creased and have enough give to allow for good futzing and dynamic posing. The boots are among the best HT has rendered with this pleather. They are pliable enough for posing and can be futzed to avoid that extreme crease in the back (like the ANH Solo boots end up with).

The cape is made from the same type of material that the recent Jedi cloaks have featured. The lining and the shoulder quilting really help with the drape and fit. It's easy to adjust the cape into a variety of effective and dramatic looks.

The saber hilt looks good, but here is where I ran into the only real issue with this figure. The "extended" pin does not fit properly into the hole on the hilt...it is too loose. The other pin does fit snugly into the hole and will facilitate hanging the hilt from his belt. It is not as secure a hold as the extended pin would have provided, but it does work.

The stand features the standard crotch-grabber upright support and is decorated with a non-removable panel of a Genosian hanger floor panel.

I really like this figure...thrilled to have a quality sixth-scale representation of the great Christopher Lee in the collection!

COUNT DOOKU 010sm.jpg

Made my last payment. One more week approximately.

Looking forward to my last HT figure for the unforeseen future!!

You guys are in for a good one...he is one powerful presence on display....

COUNT DOOKU.jpg

Its a hard decision to determine which figure is better - Count Dooku or Darth Maul. Man, Im just so happy these Sith Lords are both meticulously and beautifully crafted from the very best artists of Hot Tots.

Its a hard decision to determine which figure is better - Count Dooku or Darth Maul. Man, Im just so happy these Sith Lords are both meticulously and beautifully crafted from the very best artists of Hot Tots.

I personally like HT Dooku better. The presence is just very regal and strong.
Also, chuckled a bit when I read "Hot Tots", sounds cute hahahaha.

Slowest shipment so far. SSC shipped it 1 day later than last payment. But it's not the slowest part, it's within accepted limits. Fedex couldn't manage to get the package out of US in 3 days. It arrived Germany after they picked up the package. It's still fast, but not as fast as previous shipments.

Anyone notice that SS took off the projected released date for Dooku? I ordered from AE and I know they get theirs from them...so now I have no idea when this will show up.

Isn't it normal since projected release date is for preorder stage? The figure is released now and is already being distributed by SSC.

Isn't it normal since projected release date is for preorder stage? The figure is released now and is already being distributed by SSC.

yes, but shows as preorder still.

Oh, I see.

FedEx seems to carry my package with carriages.
Picked up on 17th
In Germany on 20th
In France on 21st
Still in France.
What is it doing in France?

Back