1/6 Hot Toys -MMS496- Episode II: AOTC - Count Dooku (Darth Tyranus) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2021-03-22-16-19-15.jpg

2021-03-22-16-53-15.jpg

Thats one awesome looking Ventress! Is that SS head or is it your own sculpt? The head looks smaller.

Loving how the skirt and the cloak drapes!

i`m trying a custom grievous. i`m using the gentle giant bust. made some arm joint sockets and a neck joint socket so his head can move side to side and up and down. for the legs using the Hasbro grievous legs. i cut both feet in half and gave him some joints like the sideshow version does to make him taller. just have to figure out how to put the legs and arms on.

There are some very talented people on these forums. It?s always interesting to see what they?re up to. Would also love to see this.

Thats one awesome looking Ventress! Is that SS head or is it your own sculpt? The head looks smaller.

Loving how the skirt and the cloak drapes!

Thanks heaps! It's the SS head shrunked with acetone and then custom painted.

Also yes I custom her skirt and cloak too, kinda hate SS stock.

While not exactly on topic, does anyone know of a reputable seller of a good Count Dooku head sculpt?

Popculture sold some last Friday.
I was online when they put stock up that must have been cancelled by buyers on initial release.
Deluxe Obi wan,Dooku,ERG,Dlx R2,Remnant trooper and Maul with Speeder were just some of the restocks...

I've just noticed that so many of these are going up for sale on bst. lately. Really great figure just getting way too up there in price

Decided to pull the trigger on one tonight

Never opened, which was important for me, but put a bit of a dent in the wallet but worth it as my next few figures and statues are all paid off anyway.

Knowing my luck, a second shipment will be heading to Sideshow next week and I could of had it for retail.

I got mine for $350 at the end of last year as well. Figured it wasn't going to get any cheaper from there
especially given such a pivotal role the character plays throughout AOTC and CW.

I am jealous of those prices, smart move, and I feel like with Jango earlier next year and now SS doing Grievous again, he'll go even higher and I don't think we'll see another shipment for him.

I'd also have a huge hole in the collection when Hot Toys finally gets to the Separatist army. I can't be the only one who remembers the Super Battle Droid teased in official photos with the Death Watch Mando.

This is the figure I regret passing on the most. So stupid that I didn’t buy him when he was still available.

Luckily I pulled the trigger at the start of 2020, really impressive figure. Only thing I hate is that lightsaber clip.

This is the figure I regret passing on the most. So stupid that I didn?t buy him when he was still available.

I have no idea why I never pulled the trigger on him.

Procrastination is usually the culprit more often than not, then that "waitlisted" sneaks up on you before you know it.
When it first waitlisted I promptly got on the list, but when the likelihood of a conversion became scarce I pulled the trigger on one
that was reasonable. I'm still on it.

Back