1/6 Hot Toys -MMS496- Episode II: AOTC - Count Dooku (Darth Tyranus) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_20200909_185417_652.jpg

I wonder with Hot Toys doing characters from The Clone Wars if there’s a chance at a Dooku re-release. He plays a fairly large role in the show. I’m still on the waitlist for this version, but I’m kind of doubting it’s going to convert.

I wonder with Hot Toys doing characters from The Clone Wars if there?s a chance at a Dooku re-release. He plays a fairly large role in the show. I?m still on the waitlist for this version, but I?m kind of doubting it?s going to convert.

Quite possible, he has a hooded cloak in the show so it would probably be an ever so slightly different figure.

I wonder with Hot Toys doing characters from The Clone Wars if there’s a chance at a Dooku re-release. He plays a fairly large role in the show. I’m still on the waitlist for this version, but I’m kind of doubting it’s going to convert.

I figured that was the reason why they did a re-issue of Yoda, since that figure wasn't really a super fast seller before Clone Wars stuff.

I?m down for another release of this figure with a Clone Wars hooded cloak. I?m on the Sideshow waitlist too but I also think it?s unlikely to convert.

Got drunk and bought one. Really nice piece not sure why I drug my feet so long on it.
570c5feff96be64a57263cd79c790496.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

That is not really a deleted scene, and more of a discarded concept born from the process of the production trying to execute the Dooku/Yoda duel properly.

Even then, I believe the idea was that he uses a fallen lightsaber in a desperate attempt to block Yoda's counterattack and he's holding one of the stunt lightsabers from the arena fight so he's not dual wielding because he wants to.

It's good that the idea was never used because it does go against his character as it became more fleshed out.

While no longer canon, in Labyrinth of Evil, Dooku states, "What was to become of elegance and gallantry if a duelist couldn't make do with one blade?"

Both in Legends and current canon, Dooku was known as an accomplished duelist; one of the best in the Jedi Order.

He is identified as a practitioner of Form II Makashi lightsaber combat, which focuses primarily on single blade to blade combat with careful and precise strikes.

This is at odds with the method of Jar'Kai (dual wielding), which favors other forms like Ahsoka's Form V Djem So/Shien.

So it is correct to say that Dooku would not dual wield by choice.

Last edited:
Need a second release for RoS with melted neck and wrist nubs and a sneering Lee head sculpt.

Back