Hot Toys - MMS489 D25 - Iron Man Mark XLVI (10th Anniversary Concept Art Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS - Iron Man Mark XLVI (10th Anniversary Concept Art Version)

I'm very interested in this Concept Art XLVI only because I missed both 46 and 47 figures.
They even went as far as to show/display him with extra hands and some parts at the STGCC 2018 so I'm hoping this will get an official release.
Does anyone know if there was ever an Iron Man that Hot Toys advertised and never was released? I have not kept up with all the IM they promoted a couple of years ago so wasn't sure if there was ever an IM that they caned production on.

Does this come with a head sculpt?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm pretty positive this will get released. How and when is another story.

One indication is looking at HT MMS numbering. MMS488 was the Marvel Concept Art Cap. There is no MMS489 (most likely meant to be this) yet.. They skipped over MMS489 and continued from MMS490 all the way to the most current release of MMS504 John Wick. That's 15 figures. They did that once before with the Shanghai re-release IM figures. They announced the IV & VI and then left the next sequential MMS blank for quite some time until it became the Shanghai re issue of the MK42 DC which fell in line with the next sequential numbered chrome Midas re release. So all four were sequentially numbered and planned even though the one was announced at a later date.

But then again.... They also could abandon it. Like I said, we are up to MMS504, yet there is still no MMS368, 136 figures & some years later... :dunno

That is still a mystery as of yet to be solved.

One indication is looking at HT MMS numbering. MMS488 was the Marvel Concept Art Cap. There is no MMS489 (most likely meant to be this) yet.. They skipped over MMS489 and continued from MMS490 all the way to the most current release of MMS504 John Wick. That's 15 figures. They did that once before with the Shanghai re-release IM figures. They announced the IV & VI and then left the next sequential MMS blank for quite some time until it became the Shanghai re issue of the MK42 DC which fell in line with the next sequential numbered chrome Midas re release. So all four were sequentially numbered and planned even though the one was announced at a later date.

But then again.... They also could abandon it. Like I said, we are up to MMS504, yet there is still no MMS368, 136 figures & some years later... :dunno

It’s an Iron Man figure teased as a concept art in commemoration of the 10 year anniversary. And the Cap was already released. I can’t imagine HT teasing Iron Man and Cap, releasing Cap, only to never release the associated IM figure.

99% chance it gets released imo.

Thanks for the insight. I've never known about those missing numbers and quite frankly never paid attention to them. Very interesting info. And didn't know they re-released the Chrome Midas. I thought that was an exclusive figure to begin with.

I'm also pretty positive this Concept Art XLVI will be released. Not sure what they are waiting to announce it for but maybe they are tweaking some things or deciding what kind of accessories it will come with. As of right now I only see extra hand parts and rocket parts for shoulders or forearms not sure which. (Don't have 46/47 so don't know what they are)

I wish they would at least update the chest plate. The concept sketch looks like it has a full circle arc reactor similar to Mk IV.

It’s an Iron Man figure teased as a concept art in commemoration of the 10 year anniversary. And the Cap was already released. I can’t imagine HT teasing Iron Man and Cap, releasing Cap, only to never release the associated IM figure.

99% chance it gets released imo.

I'm also pretty sure HT made some sort of official statement indicating that the 10 year anniversary thing would be a line of multiple figures. I would be very surprised if this doesn't happen.

I'm very interested in this Concept Art XLVI only because I missed both 46 and 47 figures.
They even went as far as to show/display him with extra hands and some parts at the STGCC 2018 so I'm hoping this will get an official release.
Does anyone know if there was ever an Iron Man that Hot Toys advertised and never was released? I have not kept up with all the IM they promoted a couple of years ago so wasn't sure if there was ever an IM that they caned production on.

I believe they showed a Jack prototype at one point that never saw production beyond a bust.

They've never shown a Jack proto at a show or anything, just blurry in the background in one of Disco's images. They have had a proto of the Mark 7 open armor on display that never went up for sale, also the plastic version of the Mark 3 stealth (eventually released as diecast like 5 years later).

This guy would make a nice companion piece to my MK VI and the upcoming Neon Tech. Do it, Hot Toys. DO. IT.

Would be very nice to get a MK46/47 design if you missed it like me.

Honestly given what we know of the upcoming Mark 85 I doubt this one'll make it to production. It's too similar.

At the very least it won't be until after A4.

Oh I didn't even know they leaked the Mark 85 armor. I was really excited for this concept art 46 and still hope they release it. They can release this by next year and then the Mark 85 in 2020 or later. I was hoping the 46 Concept art was gonna be a regular release but doubting that more and more and will probably be a very limited exclusive. Either way I think they will need to announce this very soon before everyone forgets about any 10th anniversaries.

There is no MMS 489 right. Wouldn’t that likely be this one? Hot Toys isn’t going to just skip the 489 number.

I really do hope that missing MMS489 is meant for this Concept Art Iron Man. Since it is right after 488 Cap so would only make sense. If they decide to not release this Iron Man then the 10th anniversary series starting and ending with only one figure is pretty sad.

And there is a handful of items HT revealed at SDCC this year that hasn't been announced yet and doubt MMS 489 is Agent Smith, Batgirl, Vulture, Corvus Glaive, Outrider, etc.

Still why take so long to announce an Iron Man where the mold/design has already been used already? It is only a repaint so not sure what's taking so long for them to announce it. Licensing rights? Having second thoughts? Waiting to see how well the Concept Art Cap will do in sales? No one knows what HT is planning unfortunately.

There is no MMS 489 right. Wouldn’t that likely be this one? Hot Toys isn’t going to just skip the 489 number.

They have skipped several MMS's in the past. I think Motu has made a list about this before.

Even if this one does find it's way to PO, I don't think I am getting him...
just not enough of a difference for me to drop another $400.

Quick turnaround Q4 2018-Q1 2019 according to the HT website.

Back