Hot Toys - MMS489 D25 - Iron Man Mark XLVI (10th Anniversary Concept Art Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS - Iron Man Mark XLVI (10th Anniversary Concept Art Version)

I’m so glad that people have noticed that this figure is NOT in any “released” concept art and doesn’t match the one one it’s supposed to be based on. When I saw the figure announcement, I swore I saw it somewhere and went searching through all my “Art Of” books and did not find a 46/47 with that paint scheme.

This is absolutely lazy and a total cash grab on HT part because they know the 46/47 sold well.

Still buying it though :lol

I saw that dot matrix pattern on the thighs and comparing them to the original HT pics of the 46 thought, well at least they changed a couple of panels. Then I double checked my MK 46 - nope, it had those too. Still just a repaint. This looks nice, but I think the only way I would have ordered it is if I had missed out on the 46 and couldn't get it on eBay for a similar price.

I’m fine with repaints because I can be more selective on what I want (or so I like to think.) And it’s low hanging fruit for them to make money off of suckers (usually like me)

That way they can use their earnings on keeping the price of other figures down like the other new Iron Ma.............

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:lol :lol :lol I see what you did there!

I am ready to see the price for this.

AIt2ApY.gif

I don't think I am going to bite on this one, after all. May skip the full 10 year line
if they are all going to be concept art pieces.

Would have much rather had some figures not yet produced
(Ronan, Sif, Mantis, Nebula, Agent Carter, Yellow Jacket, Crossbones, etc.) like Hasbro did.

But I totally get it… all about cost here, making them as cheaply as possible for an "anniversary" line.

I was on board with Cap because it's a unique outfit for the character. Far less impressed with Iron Man being a repaint. Undecided if I'll get him or not and has reduced my interest in the line.

I was on board with Cap because it's a unique outfit for the character. Far less impressed with Iron Man being a repaint. Undecided if I'll get him or not and has reduced my interest in the line.

My thoughts exactly. I never planned on getting more than one of each character, but the idea behind this line and the unique look of Cap definitely caught my interest. Even decided to pre-order Cap. But Iron Man being nothing more than a repaint has certainly diminished my enthusiasm for anything beyond Cap.

-It is a repaint
-I don't have the original
-I really like the metallic gold paint scheme
-Please come with similar accessories to original
-Likely buy

I guess this one wont be released?

Hot Toys missing an opportunity to price gouge on an Iron Man figure? :lol

They will release it the only question is when?

I bet we'll see it eventually, it hasn't been that long.

I really like this figure but not a fan of the gold strip on the helmet. Will probably pass.

It could be that HT is waiting so this release isn't right on top of the IW Mark L - i.e., so people don't feel like they must choose between them. Not that there are that many avid IM collectors who are budget conscious.:lol

It could be that HT is waiting so this release isn't right on top of the IW Mark L - i.e., so people don't feel like they must choose between them. Not that there are that many avid IM collectors who are budget conscious.:lol

"Well, I already have a Mark 46, looks great with the other 20 Iron Man figures I have, I don't need another that's red and gold, too many like that already, plus it's not in any of the movies, the shelf is getting crowded and I'd really rather have a...... aaaaaaand its preordered."

I bet we'll see it eventually, it hasn't been that long.

Yeah, but it's supposed to be a 10th anniversary thing. 2019 isn't an anniversary year. Sure you can PO in the 10th year but it should release in the 10th year not the 11th.

I don’t think they have a problem with releasing a ten year anniversary figure a year later :)

I feel the Mk VII is a better anniversary figure over this.

Back