1/6 Hot Toys - MMS477 / MMS478 - Star Wars Episode III: Obi-Wan Kenobi (Std & Dlx)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS477 / MMS478 - Star Wars Episode III: Obi-Wan Kenobi (Std & Dlx)

Hmmm yea. Your right. I really would like a aot obiwan and clone wars version.

Re: Hot Toys - MMS477 / MMS478 - Star Wars Episode III: Obi-Wan Kenobi (Std & Dlx)

We'll have TPM, AOTC, CW and D+ versions to go by. I refused to buy this figure because of the huge drop in quality.

I think you?re right. The headsculpt isn?t quite there. I dragged my feet while it was MSRP in favor of other figures but now it?s definitely not worth the markup it goes for.

The sculpt was amazing. It was the ****** mass production job that botched it. Happens sometimes in the hobby.

I saw it repainted recently and here's the result.
20200506_210005.jpg

I think you?re right. The headsculpt isn?t quite there. I dragged my feet while it was MSRP in favor of other figures but now it?s definitely not worth the markup it goes for.

Definitely. Not paying 400 for obiwan. So I?ll wait for other versions

It makes me just a tiny bit sad to look at Anakin without an Obi-wan next to him, but yeah ultimately this is one that was hard to bite even at MSRP because of the likeness/paint job/whatever all contributed to proto vs production. There's a lot of figures I kick myself for not getting before they skyrocketed, Anakin would have been one of them, but Obi-wan is definitely one that doesn't hurt/who's absence I can live without easily.

We'll have TPM, AOTC, CW and D+ versions to go by. I refused to buy this figure because of the huge drop in quality.

I was prepared for disappointment but honestly it's much better in hand than in those original photos. I'm pretty happy with this figure.

Definitely. Not paying 400 for obiwan. So I?ll wait for other versions

I figure the price will drop considerably once the Kenobi series Obi-Wan is shown.

I figure the price will drop considerably once the Kenobi series Obi-Wan is shown.

The show is likely still 2 years away, then HT will announce a figure and take another 2 years to release it.

So I got Obi, but I noticed that the outer robe dye has bled out on his cream tunic. Any idea how to get the dye out of it?

Got in the deluxe Kenobi today. Really solid figure. Headsculpt is a bit soft as has been mentioned countless times but I still like it a lot. Now bring on Qui Gon. A few quick pic I took after a very quick pose and little futzing

cf671bd684c5bd954d6b9be9b125760b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone remember how much Toy Anxiety sold his accessories for? Like the table with holograms, and droid.

I want this figure SO bad but the mark up is bad. $400+ ?!? Not sure I'll ever be able to afford it, unless I find a good deal on it somehow. And I don't think I'll want one from the Obi wan series if they release one, I love this original look.

I want this figure SO bad but the mark up is bad. $400+ ?!? Not sure I'll ever be able to afford it, unless I find a good deal on it somehow. And I don't think I'll want one from the Obi wan series if they release one, I love this original look.

If you bought it new, after tax and shipping, it'd be what about $300? So a $100 (25%) increase isn't terrible and I bet it goes up more as the CW line expands. They might make a General Kenobi though.

But overall, if you REALLY want this version, and the retail price was ok to you, just skip a different figure and save up that extra $100 and jump. If you couldn't really afford it even at retail though, I get it, sometimes it be like that and I feel ya. But if you can find a way, now is the time.

Back