1/6 Hot Toys - MMS477 / MMS478 - Star Wars Episode III: Obi-Wan Kenobi (Std & Dlx)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS477 / MMS478 - Star Wars Episode III: Obi-Wan Kenobi (Std & Dlx)

I don't care if HT reissues a figure I own. I don't collect for their rarity and value. I collect because I like them, and if any one who like the figure can grab it later by paying no more than me, I will only be glad.

Re: Hot Toys - MMS477 / MMS478 - Star Wars Episode III: Obi-Wan Kenobi (Std & Dlx)

Well I finally lucked out on an eBay auction and got the regular set for $375 (of course tax hurt) but still a lot better than most listings and the other auction has a day left and is already at $385. I?m happy I will finally have the Negotiator in my collection next to Anakin soon. :D

dang I wish I could find one for around that price! I feel like I'm only seeing ones going for $450+ after shipping and taxes. :(

dang I wish I could find one for around that price! I feel like I'm only seeing ones going for $450+ after shipping and taxes. :(

Try different key words like HT Obiwan or 1/6 Obiwan. Also look for mms477 and mms478. The one I got was a sleeper auction because I think it didn?t have the exact key words in the title like most listings. I also think mine ending at night (I?m on pacific coast) made it harder for people on east coast to bid. By the way the other auction ended at $440 plus shipping so that was way more than the one I got. Just keep checking and you will get one for under $400.

Try different key words like HT Obiwan or 1/6 Obiwan. Also look for mms477 and mms478. The one I got was a sleeper auction because I think it didn?t have the exact key words in the title like most listings. I also think mine ending at night (I?m on pacific coast) made it harder for people on east coast to bid. By the way the other auction ended at $440 plus shipping so that was way more than the one I got. Just keep checking and you will get one for under $400.

Okay I’ll have to try that.
Also was yours within the United States? Because I’m trying to get one that is cause I’d rather not have to deal with overseas shipping. Cheapest ones seem to always be from China unfortunately.

Okay I?ll have to try that.
Also was yours within the United States? Because I?m trying to get one that is cause I?d rather not have to deal with overseas shipping. Cheapest ones seem to always be from China unfortunately.

Yeah seller was from NY.

Finally got Ewan, he is amazing in person! Definitely top 5 HT. D77551E6-E338-491B-B599-C2C1F0F99A91.jpgB914CFF1-65CD-4BFA-8D6A-0B6485191975.jpg

Some lucky devil got him for $300! I got an alert on Saturday and didn’t even check it. Congrats to the person who scored at such an insanely cheap price.81C1D0C9-4BC0-47CF-93CC-FD94BA664998.jpg

That second pic definitely screams Ewan.

84A90EEC-12A4-41AF-980D-B03D50EAA1CB.jpg

Together at last! Love ROTS Kenobi!

Deluxe Obi-Wan finally arrived from Hong Kong! I tried the warm water treatment to remove excess dye from the robe and the water didn't change color at all. Tried soaking it three times and then rinsed it with cold water.

Could be that the extra dye sets in over time or maybe some weren't dyed as heavily.

:dunno

IMG_4947.jpg

Too funny, yet 100% true. Some lighting/angles the figure seems perfect, and others all I can see is a little kid sticking his tongue out at his parents.

He's a two face!

Scored a MISB deluxe for $270 from a fellow collector! :panic: Can't wait to get it. Hope I won't be too disappointed with the sculpt.

Now where's that robe excess dye removal guide...

Anyone have one they would like to get rid off.....I've a Terminator t800 battle damaged to give in return.

The first thing I did when I received mine, this was obviously months ago, was to pull the headsculpt off the figure, break out my paint kits and go to work. All in all, I doubt I spent more than 1 hour because the HT?s paint seemed monochromatic/brown and just need a bit of gold, bronze, light brown, dark brown, some bits of grey (I?m sure I?m forgetting a few other colors) but my desired pose with the hood up, didn?t necessitate a 100% accurate repaint. Sure, I could spend another 1-2 hours going over every movie still but for a 1/6 figure with the hood covering and providing shadows, I?m 90% happy with my results.

For sure, to me it looks 10x better than what was in the box:

Attachments

• 01A85383-CC4A-443F-A86B-69B72BC32261.jpg
    01A85383-CC4A-443F-A86B-69B72BC32261.jpg
    239.6 KB · Views: 171

The first thing I did when I received mine, this was obviously months ago, was to pull the headsculpt off the figure, break out my paint kits and go to work. All in all, I doubt I spent more than 1 hour because the HT?s paint seemed monochromatic/brown and just need a bit of gold, bronze, light brown, dark brown, some bits of grey (I?m sure I?m forgetting a few other colors) but my desired pose with the hood up, didn?t necessitate a 100% accurate repaint. Sure, I could spend another 1-2 hours going over every movie still but for a 1/6 figure with the hood covering and providing shadows, I?m 90% happy with my results.

For sure, to me it looks 10x better than what was in the box:

If I?m honest, I don?t think Gold was the right choice.
I?ve done some repaints on this sculpt and I always mask off the skin and do several thin dry brush coats with deck tan or wooden deck tan to reproduce Ewan?s natural ?slightly ginger blonde? look. I hope my comment doesn?t offend. Just my own opinion.
Here?s one of mine.

e31f2b5c1c8b7ecf1ede46f1b64ec444.jpg

352e63c0b91ccef67b47b680bbca9407.jpg

2ac9c7cf06e73d1c5e4a93f5ce268e26.jpg

d8395ea0f3bceaf83168c47f5688e052.jpg

Back