1/6 Hot Toys - MMS430 - Thor: Ragnarok - Gladiator Hulk Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My arms are the same as the a1 arms
My mistake....I just checked my musuem pose a1, and you are right they are almost the same. I guess I forgot with the vanilla pose I have that one in and just wanted to pose the gladiator differently, and I don't like how the bent arm looks.

Here's a battle I wouldn't mind seeing .....

40376939_2019174808125587_5550400521682026496_n.jpg

Just opened this behemoth of a figure. Was is just me , or was switching hands out really tough?. IDK

Yeah switching hands was rough. I hope I didnt damage the paint underneath the bracers(I dont want to remove the hands to check).

I got pretty lucky with the hands. just a quick pop in for one and just needed a bit of light blow drying for the other and was quite easy. That being said you shouldnt "have to" blow dry a hand/socket to just get it on the figure

So how’s the figure holding up for you guys? Any paint peels after a few poses / things to watch out for?

Thanks

Just got mine yesterday! It's on big a$$ figure!!! Can barely fit into a detolf!
When I first saw the figure online, I was bit whinny about knees. Now seeing it in person, I honestly don't even care.
Definitely a must buy!

9ztj6.jpg

25ovzeo.jpg

He’s super awesome so much detail. Two headcuplts with diff facial expressions, helmeted or no helmet, and sheer size! Totally worth msrp if not more!

Hulk arrived today. The figure is really detailed and has a good presence but has some slight issues. The design for the knees does not look great and really stands out when the figure is placed on a high shelf. Also, the weapons scrape the **** out of the hands due to the texture of the handles and the tight fit. It's like rubbing sandpaper on the soft material used for the hands. Any wear shouldn't be noticeable since it's on the inside of the grip but it's still frustrating to see a $350 figure being shredded by just putting the weapons in and out of the hands once. They actually came out with some of the "skin" on the handles.

IMG_4447.jpg

I have the first Hulk but never really liked the head because you can barely see his eyes and the hair looked weird.

So I got the new short hair headsculpt which is a lot better in my opinion but it has that silver paint. Getting it repainted might make it look weird with the rest of the body since it will lose the original detailing even though the coloring of that head and body is somewhat different.

Have you got a picture comparison of the two. I'd like to see the difference of green.

Just got mine yesterday! It's on big a$$ figure!!! Can barely fit into a detolf!
When I first saw the figure online, I was bit whinny about knees. Now seeing it in person, I honestly don't even care.
Definitely a must buy!

9ztj6.jpg

25ovzeo.jpg

Curious how you made that adjustment to the shelf over Hulk's head. What did you use to secure the glass shelf?

Curious how you made that adjustment to the shelf over Hulk's head. What did you use to secure the glass shelf?

1) I adjusted the glass shelves with this detolf shelf bracket from ebay.

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Shelf-brack...h=item2f2394314c:g:oh0AAOSw8gVYBWK5:rk:1:pf:0

2) For hulk's headpiece, I am using the hair headpiece, not the gladiator helmet. If I used the gladiator helmet, it would make hulk much taller, which would mean further adjusting all the upper shelves with shelf brackets. I'm fine with the hair headpiece for now.

Back