Hot Toys MMS429 - Return of the Jedi Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jedijim you mean that the Deluxe's underlying Jedi Luke is somehow different from this one? If affirmative, any pics that hint to it?
m.

No. I was speaking to Username who took apart and re-sewed his HT Luke Jedi shirt. The Sideshow Deluxe that has not been released yet looks to have better tailoring on the Jedi shirt and I was comparing his work that he posted back a few pages to that figure.

No one knows if the HT deluxe, that comes with the deleted scene accessories, shirt will be changed at all and if it will be for the better.

Im still waiting to be invoiced for remaining payment. This one is taking much longer than normal.

I've got my invoice today...but they've added on delivery again and that was paid for at pre-order so I'm having to resolve that first.

I removed most of my fat suit underneath so I’ve removed the suit several times.
Remove the boots
Remove the head
Remove the hands
Remove the belt
Slide the pants off
Bend the knee to get the elastic strap keeping the shirt tucked in over the leg
Slide the shirt off over the head
Remove or modify fatsuit.
Reverse to put back on.

I know few people will be interested in this piece of info, but i will add that there are two small pieces of thread holding the tunic closed on the front. One just below where his tunic folds down, stopping it from opening, and one near his waist. If you carefully cut those two threads, the tunic opens like a shirt, comes off easily and all you need to do is re-sew those two small pieces when you are done with mods.
I did that on my one so i could re-tailor the tunic to be a lot slimmer.

I removed most of my fat suit underneath so I’ve removed the suit several times.
Remove the boots
Remove the head
Remove the hands
Remove the belt
Slide the pants off
Bend the knee to get the elastic strap keeping the shirt tucked in over the leg
Slide the shirt off over the head
Remove or modify fatsuit.
Reverse to put back on.

Perfect, thank you, did it this morning, I opted for now to just remove the upper body portion, my main goal was to get the shoulder parts off to be able to get better saber wielding poses and it worked great, kept the legs to fill out the pants more and even his figure better.

Modded mine a bit by extending the neck and cutting out the foam padding but such a solid release overall. Love the figures that need little to no futzing and he’s no exception. Easy to get him looking ace.
1536285736267e43a3838eaaf9829cdf.jpg
51fea547de5d814af04fe691f4096b8e.jpg
6928dc590f07bc422b2cf1a5ea7f9fd0.jpg
72a6001455820cea5da0a86b52bbe9bc.jpg
a3c58625208fe6c3111645f1ac36620e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Which Vader is that?

I know few people will be interested in this piece of info, but i will add that there are two small pieces of thread holding the tunic closed on the front. One just below where his tunic folds down, stopping it from opening, and one near his waist. If you carefully cut those two threads, the tunic opens like a shirt, comes off easily and all you need to do is re-sew those two small pieces when you are done with mods.
I did that on my one so i could re-tailor the tunic to be a lot slimmer.

Good to know. Is there any way you can post, or if you have posted it already a link to, a detailed list of what you did to the shirt to get it to look tighter?

Thanks in advance.

What did you do to extend the neck? Did you have to switch out hte peg? If so, what peg did you use?

I used one of those rubber rings the KO bodies come with that’s supposed to be inserted into the neck to catch the neck post except I just used it to extend the neck and glued it in between the neck and neck post.
8606c0a59b7525f5014408e514703967.jpg

So much better :thud: ...great job :clap

Thanks!

Which Vader is that?
It’s a custom with Various SS, HTs and custom parts. Most notably the hurricane head and chest armor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've got my invoice today...but they've added on delivery again and that was paid for at pre-order so I'm having to resolve that first.

Same here! Just emailed them, hopefully they will send the corrected invoice soon

missed my delivery on Luke and Fett today due to being at work.
will have to try and get to the Post office early tomoz and be late for work.
"That is the way of things...the way of the Force"

Will someone take the professor into the back and plug him into the hyperdrive.

Typical.....................

No. I was speaking to Username who took apart and re-sewed his HT Luke Jedi shirt. The Sideshow Deluxe that has not been released yet looks to have better tailoring on the Jedi shirt and I was comparing his work that he posted back a few pages to that figure.

No one knows if the HT deluxe, that comes with the deleted scene accessories, shirt will be changed at all and if it will be for the better.

OK.
I also do harbour high hopes for that SSC outfit.

I used one of those rubber rings the KO bodies come with that’s supposed to be inserted into the neck to catch the neck post except I just used it to extend the neck and glued it in between the neck and neck post.

"KO bodies"?

Thanks,
m.

Not even Maulfan can make this travesty look good. Can't believe it's a leading candidate for FOTY. The HS is hilarious, the body is hilarious - the only thing it has going for it is the nostalgia for Jedi Luke. And that he can be completely covered by the robe.

I love JL too, but not enough to add this crap figure that needs mods to look somewhat decent.

And yes i have seen it in hand.

Sorry

Last edited:
Not even Maulfan can make this travesty look good. Can't believe it's a leading candidate for FOTY. The HS is hilarious, the body is hilarious - the only thing it has going for it is the nostalgia for Jedi Luke. And that he can be completely covered by the robe.

I love JL too, but not enough to add this crap figure that needs mods to look somewhat decent.

And yes i have seen it in hand.

Sorry

That's what opinions are for. Maulfan's pics and the figure are amazing to me.

I have the figure and I love it. Several pictures of it on here are fantastic. I am glad I own it. But personal taste being subjective not everyone likes it. I think it is a worthy contender for foty.

Back