Hot Toys MMS429 - Return of the Jedi Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This figure does look really nice for those that have pre-ordered. Congrats [emoji482]

Last edited:
Finally had time to take a closer look.
Looks fantastic!
I don't really like the stuffed legs (is this a new thing with Hot Toys?), but that should be an easy fix.
I'm in no hurry to pre-order this though, since it's some 18 months away...

This preorder brings me back to 2005, when Sideshow first announced a high-end 1/6th line... and Jedi Luke was its starter.

That's exactly what I thought when reading the announcement!

SS Luke was my first high-end 1/6th figure, and this Luke just might be my last (so I say), making it the perfect way to make an exit from 1/6 collecting ... if one were so inclined. :monkey3

SS Luke was my first high-end 1/6th figure, and this Luke just might be my last (so I say), making it the perfect way to make an exit from 1/6 collecting ... if one were so inclined. :monkey3

:duff

It's been a long, winding road....

I do not suspect that it is over.

giphy.gif

So it looks like the gloved saber holding hand is only with the LED arm. Kind of disappointing. Otherwise, the only actual gloved hand you get is a fist. I wish they'd include the hilt holding hand that wasn't part of the arm...

Still think the sculpt expression is weird. In terms of likeness, it's great - but the slightly open mouth thing is a bummer.

Other than that very happy with it. Though the costume seems so plain/boring - I'm hoping it looks better in person and once we see prototypes. Not sure what material they could've used to make something so plain look better quality, but it's probably just odd looking to me in the pictures. Hopefully we see it on display soon, maybe SDCC?

This preorder brings me back to 2005, when Sideshow first announced a high-end 1/6th line... and Jedi Luke was its starter.

Prior to Sideshow Jedi Luke, Gentle Giant and Master Replicas were the only high end companies I knew of, Luke led me to Sideshow and forums.

35738079802_eed8486852_o.jpg

Absolutely ****ing stunning! This looks exactly how I wanted it to. Probably my new favourite figure ever. I think the sculpt is amazing and a brilliant likeness. Genuinely tempted to get two, as there are so many display options.

Also, on the ANH Luke, the light up saber hand is fixed into position on the light saber (due to the electronics) but in every shot of the light up saber on this figure in action the gloved hand looks to be in a different position. So maybe the hand can be moved up and down the saber? Cool if so, and will help with posing.

Man I'm blown away. Love love love it. Well worth the wait.

I just ordered two for that same reason, its just too good

It is a great sculpt, though teeth in general make me nervous.

:lecture

I'm all for expressions that aren't always the same closed mouth stoic expressions (though sometimes it is fitting for a character), but they have to be done right. Teeth are something you have to tread lightly with.

Back