Hot Toys MMS429 - Return of the Jedi Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah... just like Marvel should get rid of superpowers and Spider-Man ...maybe time to enjoy another franchise? [emoji1745]

Maybe time to not let other peoples opinions bother you so much and don't try and tell them what they can and can't enjoy :dunno.

To me it seems as if Disney can't bear the thought of making something that doesn't have some link to Skywalkers or has a lightsaber ignite, they even had to shove one into Solo of all things. I love Star Wars, and I love this show but I really thought it was going to be something new, it started as a space western and quickly devolved into yet another Jedi/force weilder filick in an age where the Jedi are all but wiped out.

Star Wars doesn't have to revolve around one ****ing family forever.

Maybe time to not let other peoples opinions bother you so much and don't try and tell them what they can and can't enjoy :dunno.

To me it seems as if Disney can't bear the thought of making something that doesn't have some link to Skywalkers or has a lightsaber ignite, they even had to shove one into Solo of all things. I love Star Wars, and I love this show but I really thought it was going to be something new, it started as a space western and quickly devolved into yet another Jedi/force weilder filick in an age where the Jedi are all but wiped out.

Star Wars doesn't have to revolve around one ****ing family forever.

Nah, I?m not convinced I can make anyone not enjoy what they enjoy. But honestly I don?t see much enjoyment in your statement.
Jedis, lightsabers and Skywalker is sort of the essentials of original SW btw.

Nah, I?m not convinced I can make anyone not enjoy what they enjoy. But honestly I don?t see much enjoyment in your statement.
Jedis, lightsabers and Skywalker is sort of the essentials of original SW btw.

But it doesnt have to be, thats my point. Its a massive Galaxy yet we only ever seem to get this one tiny slice of it. They somehow turn a show about a bounty hunter post-Jedi purge into Jedi fest.
It isnt a crime to want something new and original from a franchise that has literally endless possibilities.

What's the horrible idea, having a new actor? Having him appear with a CGI mask that was little better than an internet deep fake was the horrible idea. I'm happy to have seen him have his Rogue One moment, butt he CGI is so distractingly obvious. Plus him only having a tiny cameo is certainly to keep this series in line with the dreaded ST, not break away from it.

You couldn?t of had someone else play Luke?? Yeah it wasn?t perfect, granted, but it was so damn cool to Hamill?s face again. And as for the ?dreaded ST? whats?s that?? 😀 To me it doesn?t even exist!

But it doesnt have to be, thats my point. Its a massive Galaxy yet we only ever seem to get this one tiny slice of it. They somehow turn a show about a bounty hunter post-Jedi purge into Jedi fest.
It isnt a crime to want something new and original from a franchise that has literally endless possibilities.

No it?s definitely not a crime. And I?d be just fine and happy with content not involving Jedis. But this one already had a force user involved from the first episode. So I just find your statements a party killer the day after seeing MH returning as Luke. ...And it was literally one single scene. ...you might get what you want in season three though.

The CGI doesn't bother me, what bothers me is Skywalkers and Jedi and all that garbage being shoved into every piece of Star Wars media, there's so much you can do without having a Jedi or a Sith or whatever show up and flex a lightsaber.

Move the franchise away from the Skywalkers, it's time to move on.

You realize that you have a force sensitive lightsaber wielding character in your sig right?

But moving on from that, it made sense for Luke to appear in this scene. It fits into the storyline with Grogu. And it was also a great opportunity post ROTJ for Favreau to acknowledge the wrongs of the past and make things right with the fans. Make no mistake about it, this was an on screen apology for the ST.

You realize that you have a force sensitive lightsaber wielding character in your sig right?

But moving on from that, it made sense for Luke to appear in this scene. It fits into the storyline with Grogu. And it was also a great opportunity post ROTJ for Favreau to acknowledge the wrongs of the past and make things right with the fans. Make no mistake about it, this was an on screen apology for the ST.

I do realise that yes. I didnt say I dont like them. I said Im getting fed up of them being shoehorned into every piece of on screen Star Wars media. Its becoming oversaturated at this point.

If theres such a thing as superhero fatigue after the MCU then there can be the same for Jedi. Everyone complains about always going back to Tatooine, why cant I complain about Jedi always showing up?

Just once it would be nice to get something that only consists of regular joes making their way through the galaxy.

As I said, its a galaxy with infinite possibilities, why do we only see such a small portion of it? Time for them to get creative.

I don't care about the CGI at all. It gave me exactly what I wanted when they announced the ST in 5 minutes. Abrams and Co should be ashamed of themselves that they couldn't even deliver something so basic yet so pure. A green blade, a musical theme. It's so powerful, and Favreau and Co nailed it.

This exactly! The last 5 minutes gave me goosebumps and took me back to my childhood. Something that the whole of the ST didn?t even get close to doing. I have to say, this series has rejuvenated my love for Star Wars and I can?t wait for the next instalment.

I do realise that yes. I didnt say I dont like them. I said Im getting fed up of them being shoehorned into every piece of on screen Star Wars media. Its becoming oversaturated at this point.

If theres such a thing as superhero fatigue after the MCU then there can be the same for Jedi. Everyone complains about always going back to Tatooine, why cant I complain about Jedi always showing up?

Just once it would be nice to get something that only consists of regular joes making their way through the galaxy.

As I said, its a galaxy with infinite possibilities, why do we only see such a small portion of it? Time for them to get creative.

I don't think it will bother you going forward. Luke is not going to be a constant presence on the show. I don't think he will ever appear again on The Mandalorian. And I am in favor of that. He made a very necessary cameo appearance that helped further story of Mando and Grogu and righted some past wrongs in the process. Perfect! I am beyond impressed with what has been accomplished here, bravo Favreau!!!

I do understand your sentiment. This show has already been overly fan-servicey enough, so throwing in Luke as well (with some "badass hallway scene" straight out of a videogame) definitely starts to veer towards overkill a bit.

But at the same time, once they introduced Baby Yoda with his Force powers, it seemed inevitable that it would eventually lead towards an appearance by Luke, since he's about the only Jedi left in the galaxy. So I can kind of forgive it here. And I don't really see the Skywalkers factoring in that heavily in future seasons.

Yes but in Germany- this seller has some of the highest prices in Germany- but when figures get rare he often still has them - and then prices are okay

https://www.actionfiguren-shop.com/...ersion.html?listtype=search&searchparam=luke&

Ahh okay. Cool.
I?ve found this mms429 for $357 shipped usd I might pick up. When this figure was widely available I had a ton of stuff on order and figured I?d be able to come back to it but now after his appearance it went nuts.
Might hold off to see if a reissue happens

I do understand your sentiment. This show has already been overly fan-servicey enough, so throwing in Luke as well (with some "badass hallway scene" straight out of a videogame) definitely starts to veer towards overkill a bit.

But at the same time, once they introduced Baby Yoda with his Force powers, it seemed inevitable that it would eventually lead towards an appearance by Luke, since he's about the only Jedi left in the galaxy. So I can kind of forgive it here. And I don't really see the Skywalkers factoring in that heavily in future seasons.

I felt the same way when the series began, I'm so ready for a good StarWars story that takes place outside of the Jedi, Sith and Skywalkers. As soon as the child was revealed though, I knew that wasn't going to happen. Disney and the creators just don't have the confidence to get away from the Jedi or the Empire. Luke will always be my favourite, and I was more than happy to see him in his glory again, but I want more "scum & villainy" over TIE fighters and Jedi again. I'm thinking the Boba Fett series will be the one to give us that, while Mandalorian will remain a mix of little stories mixing with the bigger OT/PT main story.

They managed to wrap up "The Child" storyline in just two seasons and in a powerful and satisfying way. There is plenty of time to move forward with non-Jedi / non-Empire stories but the "Baby Yoda" story got the ending that it deserved. But with the reveal of the name of Admiral Thrawn, the Empire won't be going away and personally, I think that's a good thing.

What I think also helped was the fact that his name was never used in the scene by any of the characters, namely Cara, who you think may have heard of him from the Rebel Alliance. He was just referred to as “a Jedi.” Of course the audience knows perfectly well who it is, but the point is it wasn’t overly thrown in your face in the sense where any of the other characters were like “omg it’s Luke Skywalker!” Even Luke never formally introduced himself, only simply responding “I am” when asked if he was a Jedi.

It was subtle and agree that it helped further along the story of Mando and Grogu while simultaneously giving the fans some fan service as far as seeing Luke at least one more time in a more positive, indivisible light. It was a well placed cameo.

What I think also helped was the fact that his name was never used in the scene by any of the characters, namely Cara, who you think may have heard of him from the Rebel Alliance. He was just referred to as ?a Jedi.? Of course the audience knows perfectly well who it is, but the point is it wasn?t overly thrown in your face in the sense where any of the other characters were like ?omg it?s Luke Skywalker!? Even Luke never formally introduced himself, only simply responding ?I am? when asked if he was a Jedi.

It was subtle and agree that it helped further along the story of Mando and Grogu while simultaneously giving the fans some fan service as far as seeing Luke at least one more time in a more positive, indivisible light. It was a well placed cameo.

I loved how the reaction of the crew watching the monitors was mostly silence, awe, and fear. "Don't open the doors" :lol

Back