Hot Toys MMS429 - Return of the Jedi Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is a very bad development if we are going to be having to wait 5-6 months after release to get figures. Perhaps that Jan 2019 response for ESB Fett is right. PC have told me in the past their stock comes from SS, so it has to be SS causing this delay.

Conspiracy theorist in me thinks this is SS's way of keeping direct customers after the tax changes here increased the cost of buying from them direct. Their email regarding the increase in cost was very "please keep buying from us, we have rewards points". Maybe delaying stock is a tactic they are trying.

Conspiracy theorist in me thinks this is SS's way of keeping direct customers after the tax changes here increased the cost of buying from them direct. Their email regarding the increase in cost was very "please keep buying from us, we have rewards points". Maybe delaying stock is a tactic they are trying.

Interesting. Also, has the new GST affected the retail price through PC, or does it work out that the prices have just increased anyway?

This is a very bad development if we are going to be having to wait 5-6 months after release to get figures. Perhaps that Jan 2019 response for ESB Fett is right. PC have told me in the past their stock comes from SS, so it has to be SS causing this delay.

So the figures are shipping from Hong Kong to Los Angeles, only to then ship to Australia? That is crazy.

Considering the royal guard I got from sideshow came from the US in two days, I'm now weighing up the cost difference vs wait time for anything I didnt already preorder with popcultcha.

Man SS has really kept screwing collectors over the years but this kind of "market cornering" is insane. If the qc issues, loss of actual coupons to use, and NRDs weren't bad enough now they are essentially holding off supply to other vendors. Man what a crap company.

I could see this happening as well.
This also adds to my theory of the early releases and many collectors going to HK sellers. Maybe they have a new agreement with HT? We’ll see how the upcoming release go...

So the figures are shipping from Hong Kong to Los Angeles, only to then ship to Australia? That is crazy.

Weird right? But that’s how I got a RO Stormtrooper for $170 (one of their wicked good sales) and a reg death trooper for $220 after it was sold out and sellers wanting $300+

HK to LA to AUS back to LA

Interesting. Also, has the new GST affected the retail price through PC, or does it work out that the prices have just increased anyway?

The GST was already included in the price if bought within Australia. That was part of the whole argument for collecting it on imports, that it put local sellers at a disadvantage competing against OS sellers. PC was already in line with SS prices unless there was a currency fluctuation on their hedged prices. But now, that GST and SS's high shipping has made PC much cheaper. Even more so with PC's early bird preorder discount.

All of these Popcultcha delays are making me reconsider using them. I’ve used two other Aussie retailers and they came through with Yondu and Anakin super quick.

The GST was already included in the price if bought within Australia. That was part of the whole argument for collecting it on imports, that it put local sellers at a disadvantage competing against OS sellers. PC was already in line with SS prices unless there was a currency fluctuation on their hedged prices. But now, that GST and SS's high shipping has made PC much cheaper. Even more so with PC's early bird preorder discount.

Ah, cool. Thanks for that! Wasn't sure how that all worked. I'll see how PC goes with my current pre-orders. The delayed releases are a pain, but their early-bird prices, pennies and AfterPay make them the most feasible and easily managed for me at the moment. I just wish the release dates were more definite with no last-minute surprises. I paid off my Jedi Luke last week, but could have put that money towards another deposit now and paid Luke off late October (November really. Who are we kidding?). Oh well. Back to the waiting game.:dunno

Which retailers were they?

Little Toy Company, not sure if they ship international, prices are solid and Go Figure Collectibles which I know don’t do international . Their price on Yondu Deluxe was an absolute steal!

I’ve had good customer service with both as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I was lucky to have a family member get this guy for me after I had to pay a monster tree removal bill earlier. Is there any way to shrink this top down? Can I soak in water and throw in the drier lol

Just an FYI...Removed the wire from the cloak hood and am happy with the result. I don't have an image ready but can post one if anyone would like to see it.

I couldn't keep one of the wire ends from poking out so I just pulled the thing.

Just an FYI...Removed the wire from the cloak hood and am happy with the result. I don't have an image ready but can post one if anyone would like to see it.

I couldn't keep one of the wire ends from poking out so I just pulled the thing.

Yeah the wire is a real pain, id love to see a pic of it, I think they made the wire too long, can get the hood to sit naturally

Here ya go Lipsmack.

Attachments

• Luke_1.jpg
    Luke_1.jpg
    464.4 KB · Views: 311
  • Luke_2.jpg
    Luke_2.jpg
    599.3 KB · Views: 307
  • Luke_3.jpg
    Luke_3.jpg
    584.5 KB · Views: 306
  • Luke_4.jpg