Hot Toys MMS429 - Return of the Jedi Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ah that’s unfortunate. I can see being dissatisfied with the ANH offering as there’s no real good sculpt for that one, but I think the DX07 is pretty good, both figures. Even if they did a 2.0, given their track record with Luke sculpts, I don’t see the likeness being leaps and bounds better than the DX07.

I do feel really lucky to have the Yunsil like outdit, especially the tunic and robe, but the HT is still excellent too. I don’t really want to mod the Yunsil but my one complaint is the clasp for the hood, id like to get a hidden magnet of some sort there

Got this and the new Vader in today and both figures are amazing. My wife and I buying a bigger house and are moving next month so I can’t really futz them properly but the likeness is phenomenal. Here are some pics comparing him to bespin luke and I like them all. Not sure which likeness is the best overall but they all look good. 01C874C1-D094-4DC6-A2E4-2844B0168C0C.jpg55D8D4F0-1DAA-442D-98C3-5CBB9A06EF4D.jpg2AF1990E-A596-45DA-B98A-38B0DBFDA214.jpgD3EC35B7-CCD3-4F04-9BEC-24098466B813.jpgCD2846C9-0CFA-4641-8F73-4DFE8D9F4942.jpg620CF22E-73FB-492E-9B91-86C36CDCC10C.jpg

Thanks. Luke has been an all time favorite of mine. I love the tailoring on his outfit. Makes the DX07 clothing feel rough. Although that figure is still amazing to have and is fits right in with these new ones. Can't wait to get Vader set up with Bespin Luke for their "duel"

Yep, I agree. The only thing that really bothers me on the DX07 is the too short of sleeves. Sculpt on both figures (clean and BD) I think are decent enough. And I actually like the rough feel of the clothing of the DX07 Bespin outfit, as that’s how it looked to me in the film.

I don’t really think it’s a figure that requires 2.0 treatment quality wise, as I think it still beats out a lot of their recent SW figures. If anything, it’d simply give people who missed out on him the first time and don’t want to pay inflated secondary market prices, a second chance to have a Bespin Luke.

Totally agree about the sleeves. I am still really happy with the set especially with everything he comes with. Was such a bargain and I don't think they could really improve him. Those that missed out I hope get another chance at some point. I could see a dagobah set coming out at some point but not a straight 2.0 version.

Its really time for a Bespin 2.0

I might break my “only 1 of each character” for that.

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

Great picture :clap

It feels like forever since this figure came out but still waiting on popcultcha to get their stock. Seems Hot Toys releases are happening earlier with figs getting to the States even before Hong Kong, yet stock flowing to other parts of the world is slowing down. Popcultcha are saying they have been told ESB Fett is still a jan 2019 release for them despite it being in hand now from SS. Its particularly frustrating as the droping AUD, increased shipping costs (SS are now charging $47USD for ESB Vader) and the new tax laws adding a further 10% to the cost mean that buying from SS direct is becoming economically unfeasible. Hopefully Luke will arrive this month after being pushed from July to August and now missing that as well.

It feels like forever since this figure came out but still waiting on popcultcha to get their stock. Seems Hot Toys releases are happening earlier with figs getting to the States even before Hong Kong, yet stock flowing to other parts of the world is slowing down. Popcultcha are saying they have been told ESB Fett is still a jan 2019 release for them despite it being in hand now from SS. Its particularly frustrating as the droping AUD, increased shipping costs (SS are now charging $47USD for ESB Vader) and the new tax laws adding a further 10% to the cost mean that buying from SS direct is becoming economically unfeasible. Hopefully Luke will arrive this month after being pushed from July to August and now missing that as well.

I agree the wait for figures from Popcultcha is killing me, looked at getting Fett and Vader from overseas but could not justify spending an extra $100+ on what are expensive enough figures as it is. I think (hope) Popcultcha are just still going off the original timeframe for Fett from their supplier. They might not get an updated ETA until they are officially shipped or have arrived in the country.

Yep, same here. I had Luke pre-ordered at PC and recently made a final payment in anticipation for him arriving last week. Man, I hope he shows up this week! These weird release schedules are making it harder to budget and plan.

Yep, same here. I had Luke pre-ordered at PC and recently made a final payment in anticipation for him arriving last week. Man, I hope he shows up this week! These weird release schedules are making it harder to budget and plan.

Good luck I’m STILL waiting on Spider-Man from them...

When I PO from PC I try to pay in full at the time. It's tough but it really helps on the other end. The other thing is I try to lock in the pre-order early bird discount (and hopefully add some pennies) because when you order with the $100 deposit, the order page doesn't reflect the actual price you PO'd at, just the $100 deposit price. Given these are up to a year or more on PO, I like to know the price charged at the end is the price I PO'd at. I don't want to risk getting charged the full price on release with nothing documented to prove a lower order price. Maybe I'm paranoid :cuckoo:

Not paranoid - it is worth getting it in writing from them. I did that for Boba Fett, got it confirmed in an email from PC that my deposit at the discount price will be honoured when the figure is released.

Not paranoid - it is worth getting it in writing from them. I did that for Boba Fett, got it confirmed in an email from PC that my deposit at the discount price will be honoured when the figure is released.

Good plan.

Back