1/6 Hot Toys - MMS420 - GOTG Vol.2 - Star-Lord Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Would hope for a new headsculpt, but it would be tempting to at least spread out your display options if you have Vol 2 already. Its going to be hard to top the price point of the deluxe though considering all of the options that came with that figure, and knowing how the "IW tax" is fully in effect :lol

Got mine today. Utterly thrilled with it. The figures has great presence.
04bcfa68e7341d4f8ed8408cefd66e51.jpg
4d7028ca8aa15d944b48110ad504bb16.jpg

Sent from a point in space and time

Excellent pose, kazar. Have mine displayed with the short jacket, but that pic definitely makes a compelling case for switching to the coat.
Thanks! He wears the short jacket way more on both movies but I cant resist that long flowing coat.

I have Yondu on order as well. I guess i have a thing for those long coats lol.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Thanks! He wears the short jacket way more on both movies but I cant resist that long flowing coat.

I have Yondu on order as well. I guess i have a thing for those long coats lol.

Don't worry man your not alone in liking the full red trench coat. Best look imo !

Once I get Yondu I might need to swap Starlord to the short jacket for a while though. Otherwise it'll be long jacket overload :lol

Would hope for a new headsculpt, but it would be tempting to at least spread out your display options if you have Vol 2 already. Its going to be hard to top the price point of the deluxe though considering all of the options that came with that figure, and knowing how the "IW tax" is fully in effect :lol

Yeah as much as I would have preferred the rocket boots, now that I have the Vol 2 Deluxe I don't really feel the need to upgrade to the new version. Especially with all the different display options this one gives us.

I was considering buying the v1 pants and rocket boots... but now I can wait for the IW version. At least there's two ways to get them now.

The IW version looks like the current version just with boots and without long coat... so this vol 2 version is still the one to get for all the clothing options.

I love long coats. But short jacket looks nice too. Have both versions displayed. Guess I'll keep the figures as they are now, only change the boots on the one with short jacket to the rocket boots once available.

Here are your options. :lol

I thought this pic was crazy....until I got my figure and couldn't decide on short jacket open with walkman & helmet w/ activating mode, or aero-rig (couldn't figure out how to keep the walkman on with that), and full helmet sculpt. I've just kept the aero rig and helmeted-head sitting behind the figure because I know I'll want to change it up again.

Saw this on the OSR FB group... staining from the Star-Lord Jacket....any of you experience this? I'm afraid to put on the jacket now :/

How can I fix this? It looks like a factory issue. Other stamps are pretty stable. I bought it 3 months ago but I saw this now.

IMG_20180413_135454.jpg

Just got mine today. No red marks in the neck. Miracle. My second Hot Toys figure. First one was Rocket from vol 1. He'll be happy to get some company.

Wow. That your collection? I admire the dedication :lol he's a pretty awesome figure and definitely one of the better "deluxe" variants.

Nah, just something which was on FB I think. Someone likes Starlord a LOT. :lol It's like a shrine :lol

But good on them. Pretty cool if you can't decide which look you like the most and you've got the cash !

Thinking about it I'd kinda also want to display one with activating mode helmet...:eek: Which is actually missing in that pic so they have some more options left. :lol

I'd like to have at least one more. But not sure about the IW version, guess they'll make yet another one for GotG 3 and that might even have a new head sculpt.

I needed a new passion after I lost interest in Doctor Who and some other things and it seems I just have a thing for Lords, so no Time Lord but Star Lord. :cool:

Star Lord came today and unfortunately he has a bit of staining. Oh well, I’ll just deal with it since I ordered off of eBay and the seller didn’t have any more. Other than that I love the figure. There’s so many options that I was just messing with it for a while before I even brought out the camera. I really don’t like side eyes on figures, so I’ll probably always have the helmet on like I assumed.
b36c82f8443aae1482e151854dfc5771.jpg

09d485941fe022a3385c30d2c1a32687.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back