1/6 Hot Toys - MMS383 - Suicide Squad - Harley Quinn Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, couldn't stand Ledger, didn't like his look or performance.
Even though I wasn't a huge fan of Leto, I grew to like his look, it does look true to Joker moreso than Ledger imo... well except for the tattoos

I find it quite disrespectful that you seem to think he only received acclaim for his performance due to his death.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

And, by that logic, had Leto snuffed it his performance would have received similar praise. I don't think so.

Yes, his tragic pass helped it a lot. That's a known fact.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, those Academy Awards voters sure do go crazy for dead people. Ledger is one of only two actors or actresses to ever win a posthumous Oscar in the almost 90 year history of the award.

But otherwise, good point, lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes, those Academy Awards voters sure do go crazy for dead people. Ledger is one of only two actors or actresses to ever win a posthumous Oscar in the almost 90 year history of the award.

But otherwise, good point, lol.

You are wrong. There are more. It's still irrelevant.

I find it quite disrespectful that you seem to think he only received acclaim for his performance due to his death.

That's your problem. I call it freedom of speech and I don't force my opinion to anyone. I just can't get enough of those indignant reactions of yours, fanboys.

That's your problem. I call it freedom of speech and I don't force my opinion to anyone. I just can't get enough of those indignant reactions of yours, fanboys.

I don't think you understand what "freedom of speech" mean either.

You are wrong. There are more. It's still irrelevant.

Um, no.

There are two. Two actors have won posthumous Oscars. There are people who have won in other categories, but only two have won for acting. Not sure where you are getting your facts.

Also, just saying that something is incorrect or saying something is irrelevant doesn't magically make it so, haha. Pointing out the fact that they have only given two posthumous Oscars for acting in almost 90 years is demonstrable proof that the Academy historically does not favor dead people. In fact, if anything it shows that the Academy is much more reluctant to give the award to a deceased actor, meaning his or her performance must be truly exceptional to win.

Well to be fair Ledger won for best supporting actor and only 2 posthumous nominations for that category ever so its slim pickings to say it did not help. Only Finch won for best actor out of 4 posthumous nominations for best actor category ever. So again hard to say as most nominees do not die/ are dead(thankfully) when nominated. I do think it helped a little but his performance was really awesome.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Well to be fair Ledger won for best supporting actor and only 2 posthumous nominations for that category ever so its slim pickings to say it did not help. Only Finch won for best actor out of 4 posthumous nominations for best actor category ever. So again hard to say as most nominees do not die/ are dead(thankfully) when nominated. I do think it helped a little but his performance was really awesome.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Yes but that discounts all of the deceased actors or actresses that didn't even get to the nomination phase of the award. Also if you look at the full list of posthumous Oscar winners in all categories, only about 15 have ever won out of over 70 nominations.

FUN FACT: BvS and SS are very divisive, controversial films, regardless of critic ratings

FUN FACT: Some people can simply not like things and not have to "get it" without having to explain anything or endure endless essays describing why they're wrong.

FUN FACT: Some people can and *do* get it and still don't have to like something.

FUN FACT: Fanboys are stupid

FUN FACT: Some things do actually suck.

FUN FACT: Attacking something with universal appeal, acceptance, and acclaim and calling it overrated just because you don't like it/you're trying to get a rise out of people/you're a whiny ********, makes you useless.

FUN FACT: BvS and SS are very divisive, controversial films, regardless of critic ratings

FUN FACT: Some people can simply not like things and not have to "get it" without having to explain anything or endure endless essays describing why they're wrong.

FUN FACT: Some people can and *do* get it and still don't have to like something.

FUN FACT: Fanboys are stupid

FUN FACT: Some things do actually suck.

FUN FACT: Attacking something with universal appeal, acceptance, and acclaim and calling it overrated just because you don't like it/you're trying to get a rise out of people/you're a whiny ********, makes you useless.

Pretty much.

Um, no.

There are two. Two actors have won posthumous Oscars. There are people who have won in other categories, but only two have won for acting. Not sure where you are getting your facts.

Also, just saying that something is incorrect or saying something is irrelevant doesn't magically make it so, haha. Pointing out the fact that they have only given two posthumous Oscars for acting in almost 90 years is demonstrable proof that the Academy historically does not favor dead people. In fact, if anything it shows that the Academy is much more reluctant to give the award to a deceased actor, meaning his or her performance must be truly exceptional to win.

TL;DR

Ledger is highly overrated.

I'm inclined to agree in as much as people to this very day are still romanticizing about it to the point that they'll be overly critical
of any other interpretation or adaptation of the character. Granted I enjoyed his performance a great deal and appreciate what
both Nolan and Ledger did when adapting him to their world. However, Ledger is gone and both Bale and Nolan have moved on
and the DCEU is here along with a new Batman and Joker and yet still people are romanticizing about something that's
concluded.

I'm inclined to agree in as much as people to this very day are still romanticizing about it to the point that they'll be overly critical
of any other interpretation or adaptation of the character. Granted I enjoyed his performance a great deal and appreciate what
both Nolan and Ledger did when adapting him to their world. However, Ledger is gone and both Bale and Nolan have moved on
and the DCEU is here and yet still people are romanticizing about the Nolan series.

Thank you for your input. Healthy and reasonable opinion.

Why is everyone talking about the joker in a Harley figure thread ? I'm just wondering because I thought this would be in a joker thread but not a Harley one .

Why is everyone talking about the joker in a Harley figure thread ? I'm just wondering because I thought this would be in a joker thread but not a Harley one .

Good point, this thread has gone way off course :lol

Back