1/6 Hot Toys - MMS383 - Suicide Squad - Harley Quinn Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS - Suicide Squad - Harley Quinn Collectible Figure

I was joking earlier about the purse I there it is: a 1/6 purse :lol

We have gotten zombie-females for years now. One after the other. Then Hot Toys does an expression and everybody wants a blank stare. JeSUS. Let's all dance around naked and celebrate that we're getting a female with an expression. I'm sure they'll do one more Harley. She's super popular. And the next one will probably have a blank stare. You'll get your zombie, just try to appreciate that Hot Toy listened to you and gave you something else. Is it perfect? No, but few things in life are. But at least she's in character. That is way more than you can say for ANY OTHER female Hot Toys has done.
I'm SUPER happy and I don't even like this character and I'm not getting it, but I'm praying (on my knees) that this means the end of zombie-females from Hot Toy.

Speaking for myself, of all of the figures that I own (not just HT), I have no complaints about the expression on any of them. After seeing that expression, my interest has dropped somewhat. If there's a second headsculpt, with let's say... a smirk, then i'll buy it.

Can someone ask JC Hong on Facebook if there'll be more reveals here or is that it until ACGHK?

Almost positive they're gonna have a second head with this. When have they ever released an extreme expression without a second neutral head?

HT never does that unless it's Superhero heads with and without head gear/Mask, but that's a different thing. Same goes for Terminator's battle damage. But based on expressions alone, not a chance with their tight schedule. Batman had interchangable faceplates, but that's about it.

View attachment 279246

I think the sculpt is good, it's just the hair over her face is way to thick and should come done the side, as her head should be tilted back. The main turn off is due to the neck collar, her jaw line shouldn't go beneath it, and it makes it look like she being strangled personally

Her head in tilted quite a bit back on the left, which creates a lot more space between her jaw and collar bone, and her head is tilted slightly forward on the right, creating less space between her jaw and collar bone.

Hot Toys didn't do anything wrong, they simply followed the rules of anatomy.

We have gotten zombie-females for years now. One after the other. Then Hot Toys does an expression and everybody wants a blank stare. JeSUS. Let's all dance around naked and celebrate that we're getting a female with an expression. I'm sure they'll do one more Harley. She's super popular. And the next one will probably have a blank stare. You'll get your zombie, just try to appreciate that Hot Toy listened to you and gave you something else. Is it perfect? No, but few things in life are. But at least she's in character. That is way more than you can say for ANY OTHER female Hot Toys has done.
I'm SUPER happy and I don't even like this character and I'm not getting it, but I'm praying (on my knees) that this means the end of zombie-females from Hot Toy.

Ah they joy of purposefully misunderstanding legitimate gripes and taking them to hyperbole level. Ain't the internet great.

No one has asked for a blank zombie stare, just to dial it back a bit rather than be so extreme. There is a happy medium no?

Hot Toys - MMS - Suicide Squad - Harley Quinn Collectible Figure

It doesn't have to be a blank expression, but something down the middle. Maybe something like this:

View attachment 279279

Or this:

View attachment 279281

These are perfect. I would love any of those.

The thing I love most about this kind of argument is that it always seems like the same people that complain about A are the ones later complaining about B.

That's why it's called a forum.

My opinion. I don't like blank stare, but I'm not to font of extreme expressions either. I do think it's possible to find a balance between personality and calmness in any character. Harley, for instance, will always need a smirk or smile, IMO.

I don't particularly like figures that show teeth (the potential for problematic sculpt softening in mass production is to big, IMO).

That said, being Harley, this expression is really cool. If it doesn't loose detail on mass production, it's one of the best open mouth sculpt I've ever seen. But I do hope it comes with a smirk headsculpt as well.

My opinion. I don't like blank stare, but I'm not to font of extreme expressions either. I do think it's possible to find a balance between personality and calmness in any character. Harley, for instance, will always need a smirk or smile, IMO.

I don't particularly like figures that show teeth (the potential for problematic sculpt softening in mass production is to big, IMO).

That said, being Harley, this expression is really cool. If it doesn't loose detail on mass production, it's one of the best open mouth sculpt I've ever seen. But I do hope it comes with a smirk headsculpt as well.

:goodpost:

Agreed, I second that good posting. For me just needs the collar loosening so it sits a bit down more. Also already looking forward to customisers replacing the two strands of sculpted hair with real hair, will allow for her coloured makeup either side of her eyes to be seen better and overall improve the sculpt personally

We all need to just admit that seamless tech really isn't there yet. The Storm Collectibles Tyson figure, Gamora, John Matrix. We get reminded all the time that seamless bodies don't work. But people keep clamoring for them.

they should take cues from Phicen. I have a few of theirs and no issues with their seamless bodies. Only on the plastic endo skeleton seamless body did I accidentally crack an elbow because it's hard to see and tell which way the joint was oriented, plus the plastic joints can be hard, so it's not easy to tell if you're forcing it the wrong way or not just because some joints are inherently stiff. The steel endoskeleton seamless bodies solved that.

As to HQ, I don't care about the joints, coming from the old BBi Cy Girls line I'm used to the joints on exposed female character legs.

image.jpg

looks like she comes with the purse, and the big mallet and a few other hands. Deadshot has two heads it seems, but HQ probably will not have an additional sculpt.

5AEzb4E.jpg

I really don't understand all the comments on the headsculpt. This looks amazing:

SSHarley01.jpgSSHarley02.jpg

I wonder when these will go up for preorder?

Yeah, that prototype sculpt & paint is very impressive, but I've been impressed before by HT, only to be let down by the production run.

Yeah, that prototype sculpt & paint is very impressive, but I've been impressed before by HT, only to be let down by the production run.

I find your lack of faith disturbing Lawrence ...

stupendous figure

don't worry other HQ sculpts wil be included in the other versions of her I'm sure they will do..

Back