1/6 Hot Toys - MMS383 - Suicide Squad - Harley Quinn Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Will Smith was literally the only person in the movie who seemed like he was trying. Like an NBA player on a team of a bunch of high school kids. In every single scene Leto and Robbie come off like they are intently thinking "OK, now...it's time...TO ACT! Cue...dramatic..."

54576009.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Surely these two characters (Harley and Joker) almost require a little overacting.

A movie focusing on Harley, Catwoman and Poison Ivy sounds better than a direct Suicide Squad sequel but I struggle to get very enthusiastic about any movie centered only on the villains. When will we get to see them interact with the DC heroes in something other than a Batman cameo?

Surely these two characters (Harley and Joker) almost require a little overacting.
The problem is that Robbie just wasn't always believable in the role. It was like I could tell she was acting where a good performance should make you forget that the character isn't real.

Watching it a second time with extended cut just made me realize I actually don't like it better than BVS.

Leto's Joker is overacted and simple. Kind of reminds me of Ultron in some ways... puts up a front but they never actually feel intimidating.

Ehh. This movie didn't do it for me. Decided to pass on the figures. Just not enough positive thoughts for me to collect them.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Heavily cut movie with barely any complete scene with Leto and people already know he is simple, bad, overacted. Oh well. You will see, you will see ...

movie obviously wasn't the greatest. but i still found it enjoyable enough. i may be in the minority but i loved leto's joker. to me, he seems like what joker would be like if he was current. it worked for me. just wish his scenes were longer. harley and joker were the standouts for me.

movie obviously wasn't the greatest. but i still found it enjoyable enough. i may be in the minority but i loved leto's joker. to me, he seems like what joker would be like if he was current. it worked for me. just wish his scenes were longer. harley and joker were the standouts for me.
I thought Ledger's Joker was more "current". Leto's Joker is current but excessive.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I was surprised by just how bad I thought Leto's Joker was. I mean, I was never a fan of his look, but I was more then willing to look past it if Leto gave a good performance. I didn't think he did, though. Most of it probably has to do with the writing, and direction, but Leto does share some of the blame as well. Maybe in a future movie he'll be better, but at this point I found him so bad that I wouldn't care if we ever saw him again in any other films.

I normally hate when films recast characters but in this case I'm really hoping that Leto is replaced. As for making The Joker current in my opinion that's going to date this film horribly years down the road. There's a reason why some films remain classics and others become hard to watch and it's stupid things like making The Joker a cross between a rockstar look and a gangster wannabe meth head. When you stick with something more basic that's got wider appeal a film holds up more.

I didn't like how slow he delivered his lines, that really bothered me.

I don't mind his look because they did stay true to the character for the most part, except obviously for the tattoos and Scarface open silk shirts.

His line delivery was horrid. I went in ready to like him as the new Joker, despite strongly disliking his appearance from day one.

Those ridiculous "gifts" Leto sent cast members were damn stupid to me. He complained in interviews about how much material they cut out of the movie, and all I could think after seeing his performance was "Well can you blame them?"

A while back on another site I saw people calling for a recast with Willem Dafoe as the Joker. Won't happen, but that's a choice I could get behind.

Honestly - even in the trailers he looked like he was trying too hard. In the movie he was horrible. That's one reason I am not buying any of Leto jokers. People will say x and y and support him- but in all seriousness Harley was the only worthwhile character to purchase from that film and enchantress may be just to see how ht would treat her.

Rest all were an easy darn pass. But again to each his own. I would not waste a dollar on the other characters when there is so much kool ass stuff, still to buy from other movies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I personally thought enchantress was horrible. When she is talking before the final battle she was moving all over the place, but her moves were silly, like slow dancing. It wasn't intimidating like villain should be but just silly. I can't not see it now.
I didn't mind the joker. Would like to see him again doing more. Personally I thought deadshot was a stand out and I'm not a smith fan. He did a good job.

His line delivery was horrid. I went in ready to like him as the new Joker, despite strongly disliking his appearance from day one.

Those ridiculous "gifts" Leto sent cast members were damn stupid to me. He complained in interviews about how much material they cut out of the movie, and all I could think after seeing his performance was "Well can you blame them?"

A while back on another site I saw people calling for a recast with Willem Dafoe as the Joker. Won't happen, but that's a choice I could get behind.

Leto is an imposter Joker - The real Joker has been in in another facility or whatever narrative you wish to play. Harley is so far gone that she is completely enamored by the real Joker when she meets him - Willem Dafoe, the older, more eloquent version - just as he is in the animated series.

Back