1/6 Hot Toys - MMS383 - Suicide Squad - Harley Quinn Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He is mob boss though. "Hey J, on behalf of everybody, welcome back". Fashion changed, 90' are gone.

Eh not really. Joker's iconic look is just a purple suit. They don't really go out of style. The look they went with in this film will be dated a lot faster.

joker has a lot more iconic looks then just a purple suit.
The purple suit has pretty much been the mainstay for as long as the character has existed though and for that reason I'd call it iconic. He's worn other things but I consider it as his main look and I'm sure I'm not alone in that. Considering that the same basic look (with some minor variations in color or style) has been used from everything from the comics to the 66 series to the 89 film to Batman: The Animated Series to the Arkham games and so on.

His suit was intended to be black in the first comics, purple was the color they had to use to make it. But became the main color afterwards

Leto's Joker, as portrayed in Suicide Squad, was bad. Not saying it was specifically because of the acting, per se, but because the character was also written poorly.

Here's a helpful test taken from RLM's Mr. Plinkett review of The Phantom Menace. Take the three film Jokers--Nicholson, Ledger, and Leto--and describe their personality/motivation without describing what they look like or what their profession is.

Following those rules, from what I've seen people mention so far as their reasons for liking him, Leto's Joker is basically just an insane guy obsessed with his girlfriend.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

sad-joker.jpg

he's had 10 minutes of screen time. :lol what a flawed formula.

Um, no.

There are plenty of Pixar movies, for example, where side characters that have minimal screen time also still have clear personalities and motivations. It's the difference between "good" screenwriting and "bad" screenwriting.

Beetlejuice has a grand total of around 17 minutes of screentime in Beetlejuice.

Darth Vader was only in ANH for 12 minutes.

Back to the toy for a moment, I went on the WL for the Exclusive the day it sold out and can't believe it hasn't converted yet. Other figures that were sold out longer than she was have converted and yet nothing on Harley. Despite the film or maybe in spite of it her character is selling crazily. I can't HT hasn't capitalized on it more.

I'm guessing there will be a lot of conversions closer to release like with Batman? But really I don't see why they don't just adjust their production numbers and make more available since this figure is SO far out still for release. I jumped on the EX waitlist long, long after it went just for the hell of it so I'll be interested to see if it converts. Amazing looking figure, but the movie was so bad that I'll be ok with missing out if it doesn't.

Hopefully if she's a great seller Hot Toys will give us an exclusive of her in the Harley Quinn jester suit from that one dream sequence or whatever it was in the movie.

It was more like a flashback. Waller was telling their story when they ruled the (underground) Gotham.

Back