1/6 Hot Toys - MMS383 - Suicide Squad - Harley Quinn Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I talk about why seamless isn't a good option in the video. Most phicen, even high end ones will crack and peal after extended bending, and especially if left that way for long periods of time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welp, pretty much gonna be using a pose with most of her body facing around, in order to hide the awkward joints. Have not seen one bent knee pose that didn't look odd as hell from the frontal perspective.

Bleh.

I talk about why seamless isn't a good option in the video. Most phicen, even high end ones will crack and peal after extended bending, and especially if left that way for long periods of time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah, there's a very slim chance Hot Toys would have even used a seamless lower half for Harley. I'm still not sure what made them decide to butcher the aesthetic further though.

On balance I think this is an outstanding figure, the detail and likeness are amazing. Yes I would have preferred no seams on the knees but come on guys, it's obvious it's a figure and concessions have to be made. I normally only go for 1/4 scale but think I'll have to get this as it might be the only harley with this look

The joints look terrible. It's not about "not wanting to see them." I just don't want to see THAT. Lol.

I'm not alone in thinking they should have left well enough alone and kept the original design. For starters... it had far more range of movement. Would the material be able to take that kind of stress? No clue.

Yeah, I don't mind exposed joints, if they're done correctly. There are loads of beefy male characters with visible joints in the sculpt.

That said, this was certainly much nicer and was what I was expecting to ship this month. Not what we're getting.

wlazw5.jpg

I don't normally get bummed out like this. It's usually over a quality control issue or something along those lines. Although, the initial BvS Bats did make me do a double take.

With the first design you have two cuts instead of one. Imo I would rather have just a single cut. I dont think many people are going to be posing her in dynamic jumping poses so there really isnt a need for two joints.

It's whatever. It's done now. Just hope they realize that future unique knee joints are going to need more work to make them not look like... whatever that is. And with Harley, there's almost no way around this. You can't just slap a new body on her.

I'm glad some people seem to be okay with this and can look past it, but I am almost as disappointed in this as I am about the Amazing Spider-Man 2 mask issue.

The knees really don't bother me. Figure looks awesome. From a movie so poorly received this is gonna be incredibly sought after, at least until we see her in the DCEU again. I'd like to see her in a Batman movie at some point.

That's not really gonna happen. It's more than a fair critique. Especially considering she's well above the price of Wonder Woman. Not to mention the fact that I already have her paid in full. So, it's not like I'm not still getting the figure.

I respect everyone's opinion that seems to be okay with it. Again, I'm just disappointed. So, lose the attitude.

I more concerned about the fishneting stretching out
BudgetStark seems to think it could potentially be damaged over time, if I remember correctly after watching his video.

I feel like this is a unique figure in a lot of ways. Popular character, arresting rendition, poorly received movie -- but still a groundbreaking piece for HT, issues and all. It's obviously going to be limited thanks to potential for paint rub, delicate costume elements...but I also think it's going to really pop in any collection, and expect it to sell out and stay pricey for a good while.

Don't love the knee joints but they're not a deal-breaker, and I hope that moving forward we see more unique female bodies as the prior versions have seemed universally skinny.

The only way I can see it being damaged over time is if someone keeps bending the knees making it looser - the same way you break a stubborn tree branch, been it one way then the other way then the other way again x however many times it takes. It looks to be a stretchy materials - not sure why they didn't just go with elasticated string but there you go.

Supposedly, it's an off material. There's no real telling how much it can take without someone flat out testing it. I think people had the same worry with the Days of Future Past Wolverine? I wouldn't know though. I've kept him posed with his claws at the ready, lol.

Her stockings get ripped in the movie, so if they did tear, she might still look ok.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

It's actually not. The edge of the upper leg does not conjoin flush with the physical joint underneath. Instead, it merely sits atop it. That's not the best way to handle such a joint.

It's like they tried to go the Figuarts route, judging by that concept, but the end result ended up resembling a Figma design instead.

Back