1/6 Hot Toys - MMS365 - Captain America: Civil War - Black Widow Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What I want to do with this is use this CW sculpt the TWS custom hair I got from a knockoff way back and the AOU body

I did this awhile back

I want to replace the sculpt I used with this new CW sculpt

I personally went for the AoU because all the other jumpsuits were just black...so plain...

Almost no life to them.

I agree. I'm happy with AoU although I may try to pick up this sculpt or a custom if one pops up as I don't love the hair on AoU BW.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My favorite Widow suit is still Avengers 1. It's simple, but not plain black either. I just don't think the new head will look that good on it, so I'll probably just buy the CW figure complete.

Haha I just don't like the AOU version cause I think it's waaay too busy for a character like her. BLACK Widow. Plus the scene in AOU when she's beating up those dudes in Klaw's ship and she's just glowing bright as hell. It's such a fanboy nitpick but she would NEVER wanna be able to be seen that easily. Oh man, they even poked fun at an AOU type suit in Kelly Sue's Avengers Assemble run for the same reason. But that's just how I personally feel about it. I mean, I guess it looks cool as a variant like the many suits Spidey has but I think the ideal Widow look is basically the CW look all around.

It still looks good to me, but just based on a few images, I think I may actually like TWS sculpt a little better. I'm probably the minority though. I don't have the figure in hand, so I can't say for sure. As accurately pointed out earlier, I try not to freak out and be hyperbolic about how "off" a sculpt is when the first few photos of a final product trickle in.

That's usually how it goes here though. Prototype is shown and people usually complain that it's a horrible likeness. After a couple of weeks, people start warming up to it and saying "it's actually not that bad", then once the final product releases, the complaints start again about how off the final sculpt is from the prototype. Then people start receiving the figure and praising how good of a figure it is and a job well done. That's the cycle of a figure on SSF in a nutshell.

Just about every time.

People should give people some space. Some will like, some will hate. What I find to be true is that the likers almost always try to bully the haters into also liking it. It can get nasty. Some people don't want to pay 250 bucks for something that is "alright". I understand that. It's fine to be critical. If this site were only praise, we would get some butt ugly figures. Let people doubt, let them criticize, it doesn't hurt you none. Praise if you feel like it, but don't tell anyone he (or she) is an idiot for being disappointed.
If it's the same every time, then maybe the companies should give more realistic prototypes. Then we could skip a few steps. I like the process, I love the prototype photos, seeing the real figures. Sometimes I am very impressed (Amazing Spider-Man 2, almost every Iron Man, Mandarin asf), sometimes I am very disappointed. And I want to be allowed to be disappointed, I dont want someone telling me I am all negative and why just come here to criticize. Why just come here to praise? When I read comments, I learn stuff, see different angles on stuff, I change my mind (either way). I getting really fed up with all the yes-people, telling everybody else that they are just negative. And opinions differ. I'm not sure about this sculpt. I'm waiting for a review. I think I like it.

People should give people some space. Some will like, some will hate. What I find to be true is that the likers almost always try to bully the haters into also liking it. It can get nasty. Some people don't want to pay 250 bucks for something that is "alright". I understand that. It's fine to be critical. If this site were only praise, we would get some butt ugly figures. Let people doubt, let them criticize, it doesn't hurt you none. Praise if you feel like it, but don't tell anyone he (or she) is an idiot for being disappointed.
If it's the same every time, then maybe the companies should give more realistic prototypes. Then we could skip a few steps. I like the process, I love the prototype photos, seeing the real figures. Sometimes I am very impressed (Amazing Spider-Man 2, almost every Iron Man, Mandarin asf), sometimes I am very disappointed. And I want to be allowed to be disappointed, I dont want someone telling me I am all negative and why just come here to criticize. Why just come here to praise? When I read comments, I learn stuff, see different angles on stuff, I change my mind (either way). I getting really fed up with all the yes-people, telling everybody else that they are just negative. And opinions differ. I'm not sure about this sculpt. I'm waiting for a review. I think I like it.

Well said!

Just because someone criticized it does not mean your choice of liking it is wrong.
Its not black and white.

Well said!

Just because someone criticized it does not mean your choice of liking it is wrong.
Its not black and white.

I will have to agree, too. As long as no one behaves like a bully, we all have the right to decide if we like or not.

A proper video review is in order.

I have found some pictures in chinese web sites

She is amazing :love

l7aWgjt.jpg
[/IMG]
4RHkuei.jpg

Back