1/6 Hot Toys - MMS365 - Captain America: Civil War - Black Widow Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS - CA: Civil War - Black Widow Figure

Do you guys think there's a chance we'll see a new HS down the road and they just needed to use something to show? Either way, I'll be getting her :lol

Well, they must disagree with all of us and think the head sculpt looks just like Scarlett.
Otherwise, they would not keep re-using it.

from Hot Toys official fb page:

12357026_10153213259892344_5978267598498655326_o.jpg

TBH, the WS sculpt is already great, especially when JC Hong painted it, unfortunately the mass product ones can't keep up with that (which is kinda obvious)

The hair looks more brown than red - I wonder if it's just the lighting?

I'd go with a mix because set photos have the same issues. I've seen some where it looks dark red, others where it looks more brown.

28D092E700000578-0-image-a-44_1431948055739.jpg

I haven't gotten a Black Widow yet. I don't like the AOU costume (I prefer the spy look over the superhero look). I was waiting to see what they did for Civil War to pick between this one and an after market Winter Soldier version. They look very similar. Besides the obvious difference in hair style, what other differences do people see between this new CW version compared to the WS version?

The weapons she's holding (not sure what they are called), armpads and kneepads which the WS one doesn't have and fully gloved hands, which are halfgloves on the WS version.

Like the hair, but not sure it will look like that out of box. Otherwise no reason to upgrade from my WS on which I'm very happy about. Might get headsculpt if they make a better one, but the suit is too similar to the other one. But if I hadn't had the WS one this would be the obvious one to get.

Hot Toys - MMS - CA: Civil War - Black Widow Figure

The head sculpt On this version and the the 2 films prior actually looks very much like scarlet but you only notice it when you pull the hair off her face . The problem is the eyes . There just in a blank stare . Not something we want in a action hero .

I really surprised there running with this same sculpt for a 3rd time . I mean come on hot toys . It's not like the prior versions were great .

with a appropriate paint skill, that sculpt looks great, too bad that the current paint skill on the mass product still couldn't catching up to that level :dunno
1920475_646106925462294_1738460125_n.jpg

The weapons she's holding (not sure what they are called), armpads and kneepads which the WS one doesn't have and fully gloved hands, which are halfgloves on the WS version.

Like the hair, but not sure it will look like that out of box. Otherwise no reason to upgrade from my WS on which I'm very happy about. Might get headsculpt if they make a better one, but the suit is too similar to the other one. But if I hadn't had the WS one this would be the obvious one to get.

Thanks for the comparison info. I don't care about the baton weapons for the character. I didn't like them in AOU either (though these are better in CW because the don't look like something out of Tron). Armpads, kneepads, and gloves don't seem to matter too me that much. It looks like I might just wait for this one, unless I can find an after market WS one for less than for what this one will go for. I think I might like the straight hair a bit better on the WS version, but the color matters to me most. My daughter is a red head so all things being about equal I may want the one out of the two that has the reddest hair. I am not sure which one that is yet.

with a appropriate paint skill, that sculpt looks great, too bad that the current paint skill on the mass product still couldn't catching up to that level :dunno
View attachment 230407

Exactly . It's absolutely perfect here . Even the eyes are the right glare . Shame that no one got this paint .

Hair looks nice, but as I already have TWS and Avengers 1 version, I have no need for another Widow figure. :)

I really surprised there running with this same sculpt for a 3rd time . I mean come on hot toys . It's not like the prior versions were great .

There's nothing wrong with the sculpt. And more important...if it sells why would they update it when it costs them and adds no money?

On top of that...it's a prototype.

Half the time people can't tell if it's a new sculpt or new paint till they are told (look at the Aou hawkeye thread. Till hot toys stated what it was half the people thought it was new, half the same. The bw was the same. Just a few days ago it was mos superman everyone said had the same hs on BvS superman but it didn't)

1620711_990450547659940_4714655503502748118_n.jpg

Back