1/6 Hot Toys - MMS357 - Avengers: AoU - Scarlet Witch (New Avengers Ver.) Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It seems some of us got a shipping email(me) and some got delay notices. I'm wondering if they are processing paid and full people first, and delaying flexes? I have no clue, they probably didn't get around to me yet. I hope this is still coming on the 12th

Both my Caps and NA Witch have been delayed. The flex payment for each of them was just done on Monday, too. So skip July and August payments and wait until September. No big, gives me more time to make room and clear some additional payments.
Ryan

I've been waiting for bad news all day, but nothing yet. Maybe it IS just the Flex people getting delayed?

Still no "it's shipped!" notice for me, even though the payment's been taken out. No delay notice either. What's the deal, SS?! :gah:

Very strange. My delay is until September. I don't get it. Wasn't this thing ready to go? Why did they suddenly delay it when it seemed ready?

I've been waiting for bad news all day, but nothing yet. Maybe it IS just the Flex people getting delayed?

If that's the case it's poor form on Sideshow's part. They've already received 2/3 of my payment; I'll be perturbed if I find out they delayed mine 2 months while processing those with one-time payments. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. I would think they'd use the FIFO method on the orders regardless of the payment plan.

Wasn't SSC only getting 200 of these though? You'd think they would have received the whole lot on one shipment.

I ordered elsewhere and I should be getting them next week.

I'm thinking it is the flexers getting delayed. I'm a flexer. I'm delayed. This sucks. I think sideshow probably only got enough in for the people who paid in full to start with.

I'm thinking it is the flexers getting delayed. I'm a flexer. I'm delayed. This sucks. I think sideshow probably only got enough in for the people who paid in full to start with.

With only 200 pieces, I would imagine may be half are flexers and half are not? Just a guess. So they have 100 pieces now and 100 more coming in Sept. *Sigh*

Still like this outfit lightyears better than CW outfit...

SS is weird with their shipping practices. Sometimes it's the flexers that will get first batch, sometimes it will be overseas to get that batch; you just never know. It worked out for me this time as both BV Cap and SW are coming in early. But I also got totally blindsided the other day with a shipping notice saying that my Supes Red Son PF had already been shipped. Not sure who else is receiving one. Shrug

Part of it has to do with where hot toys ships it from and things like that. Also if there's say 50 full pay and 150 flex and they get 40-60 (whatever) then they give it to the group that is completely covered so they don't have to go through and figure out who out of each group gets it and so on. And when there are smaller orders like this and cap hot toys often ships the ordered direct to the overseas people or to a closer distributor like action city.

Part of it has to do with where hot toys ships it from and things like that. Also if there's say 50 full pay and 150 flex and they get 40-60 (whatever) then they give it to the group that is completely covered so they don't have to go through and figure out who out of each group gets it and so on. And when there are smaller orders like this and cap hot toys often ships the ordered direct to the overseas people or to a closer distributor like action city.

Yeah...I am paying mine in full. Probably why I am getting mine first and I could NOT be any happier that I will have this by my birthday! Thanks Hot Toys and Sideshow!!!!! :)

Yeah...I am paying mine in full. Probably why I am getting mine first and I could NOT be any happier that I will have this by my birthday! Thanks Hot Toys and Sideshow!!!!! :)

:yess: Congrats!! Great that you'll be getting her in time....that'll be a really nice birthday present to self! :)

I have this figure on PO and have made I think a payment or two in flex pays, but I'm contemplating potentially selling her once I receive her. As awesome of a figure and character she is, I'm not sure if I really have a need for it in my collection, after all.

Like I've said before, if I were to just get one SW figure and that's all to represent the character, this one would be it. However, if I just wanted one SW from AoU and I also have Quicksilver (which is the case), I'd go with the civvie SW because her civvie look was her look for 98% of the film and it complements Quicksilver. She just didn't really have enough screen time with this NA outfit for me to really see needing it as far as what my collection dictates. I also have CW SW on PO.

I may do the same thing with IM Mk 45. It's a very cool looking armor, but I personally prefer the Mk 43 better. I have the Mk 46 on PO and even though it's nearly identical to the 45, it's a slightly upgraded version. I don't really see the need for the 45 when I prefer the 43 better and have the 46 on PO, which is nearly identical and what I actually prefer in lieu of the 45.

Back