1/6 Hot Toys - MMS353 D16 - CA: Civil War - Iron Man Mark XLVI Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, definitely. I was watching the special features for Iron Man 2 the other night and there were a number of scenes that were shot with RDJ and Don Cheadle wearing only the pieces of the suit from the waist up, and they looked incredibly silly. I mean, they could just barely move around even just wearing those upper pieces of lightweight fiberglass armor, and any little movement created huge gaps and spaces between all the different pieces. You quickly get the overwhelming impression that no person, ever, could actually fit into a real working rigid metal suit like that and move around in even the slightest. So for people who thinks this looks unrealistic because it *might* have a narrower waist---that should be the very least of your concerns on realism.

He looks glorious, can't wait for mine. I was thinking the same thing with the lights. While it is an awesome feature, I figured it would be ridiculous to turn on and off. Probably take like 30 minutes to open everything and switch on.

I wish HT could have rigged it to be 1 or 2 buttons.

The lights would take forever to put the batteries in and turn on then dim after a few minutes. A total waste of time.

What do you mean by skeleton?

Basically I mean the inside engineered parts when I was saying "skeleton". It works so fantastically wonderful on the 1/4 42 & 43 but the 1/6 Mk. 45 actually looks and articulates better in most instances over the 1/4 Mk. 45. Hope that clears things up. And yeah, I collect every IM suit from HT (and usually buy at least 2 of each) but wished I hadn't bought even 1 much less the 2 that I did buy :(

Pardon my ignorance but a what??

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

It's basically a power source that you can plug in to a wall outlet and use instead of putting in all the small batteries that last for about an hour and then burn out. Although for me personally, it doesn't look good with all the wires hanging out all over the place. If I were to ever get a quarter scale figure, I would go through the effort of hiding all the wires inside since its on a larger scale but for 1/6th, its not worth it to me.

Here's a link with more info: https://www.soapstudio.com/soapreactor/

It's basically a power source that you can plug in to a wall outlet and use instead of putting in all the small batteries that last for about an hour and then burn out. Although for me personally, it doesn't look good with all the wires hanging out all over the place. If I were to ever get a quarter scale figure, I would go through the effort of hiding all the wires inside since its on a larger scale but for 1/6th, its not worth it to me.

Here's a link with more info: https://www.soapstudio.com/soapreactor/
Cool thanks for that. Only collect 1/6 myself so like yourself I with it being a bit unsightly but I understand the benefits

Sent from a point in space and time

Cool thanks for that. Only collect 1/6 myself so like yourself I with it being a bit unsightly but I understand the benefits

Sent from a point in space and time
You can easily hide the wires. I have ducted these where needed and it's not visable unless you look for it. I'd rather have my collection light up than the dead look.

how does one who lives in the US get a soap reactor currently? I cant find any for sale on the only US distributor site via the official soap reactor site

how does one who lives in the US get a soap reactor currently? I cant find any for sale on the only US distributor site via the official soap reactor site
I live in the uk and got mine directly from Soap. I have 4 reactors at home. Characters like aileron, Iron Man and war Machine benefit from having the lights on.

I live in the uk and got mine directly from Soap. I have 4 reactors at home. Characters like aileron, Iron Man and war Machine benefit from having the lights on.

aha, I was thinking one could only get them from distributors listed on their site...obviously, I didn't pay enough attention & see that one can buy directly from the site! thank u very much!

I thought the same thing so I sent them a message on facebook. They told me for US shipping to email the order to customer service.

Thankfully, I was able to purchase a soap reactor directly from them at NYCC last year.

one last question...If I buy a reactor, how many figures can it power @ one time? Just one or two? & would I need to buy any specific adaptors added on to my purchase, or would they be included? (for Iron Man/War Marchine combos)

I see the chart, but I figure id ask before I purchase adaptors I don't need/don't purchase adaptors that I will need

Depends on how many slots each figure has. Each reactor has 12 inputs. 8 are at the back and 4 at the side. The side slots are for a a batteries i.e. Ultrons base and the back for the smaller batteries. I'll post a vid in a it for you.

Back