1/6 Hot Toys - Captain America: Civil War - Iron Man Mark XLVI Figure (Reissue)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I kind of understand that they have to change the suit a little to add articulations (and they really did a good job) but it's his arms that I find very slim and his shoulder a little bit small. In the movie he looks a little bit more bulky. But maybe it's just in the photos and I am totally wrong :LOL:
I've owned a few HT diecast Iron Man armours, and they're often slimmer than they appear on-screen. That said, none of the CG armours were ever designed to fit a correctly proportioned human/RDJ ... they made the armour the *character* by design, rather than opting for the look of a guy wearing bulky armour. It was always movie magic, in spite of any practicals they used, and when you have the armour in front of you in a static pose, you start to see things you wouldn't when it was moving fast on-screen in a movie.

But you're not wrong, I think Hot Toys has them just a touch slim in sixth scale, and maybe more correctly proportioned in quarter scale. But even if they were 100% screen accurate, they would never fit a regular human.

Do you guys know, is there a handy chart showing all the "updated" or "re-released" 1/6 Iron Man that are taller/more proportioned? e.g., the way the Mark 2 or Mark 43 is smaller than the Mark 50 or 85.

Really love this Mark46 with the updated base! Next episode I'll be taking a look at Sideshow's 1/6 Scale Cyclops!

A few screen grabs from my video:

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg

If it was 20% off+free or at least $5 shipping, I’d probably bite. But after shipping and taxes, you’ll be back to over $400 so no deal.

I still have the head and neck collar to use on this should it get discounted enough for me to actually want to spend the money, though. I've sold all my HT Iron Man figures except the clean 85 parts from the BD to sort of have both looks with only the MK3 2.0 on order to sort of have a beginning and end display. But, I really like the 46 armor so would love to have it as well

Last edited:
The original retailed for $344 at Sideshow. Now the re-release jumped the price to $455 and they couldn't sell em all...20% discount now... Hot Toys got greedy and tried to capture some of that secondary market pricing that was happening before this re-release.
Well I paid just over $500 with sideshow for this with tax and shipping. I bought this immediately thinking it was limited like the Stealth Cap “re-issue”. So, in summary, I fell for the capture tactic you reference.

Well I paid just over $500 with sideshow for this with tax and shipping. I bought this immediately thinking it was limited like the Stealth Cap “re-issue”. So, in summary, I fell for the capture tactic you reference.
Sorry to hear this, it does seem like the HT tactic @TheBatman mentioned was effective on you (and many others I’m sure).
The upside is that the 46 really is an awesome armor (my favorite) and I hope that you enjoy having it in your collection.

If it was 20% off+free or at least $5 shipping, I’d probably bite. But after shipping and taxes, you’ll be back to over $400 so no deal.
This right here. I rushed home to buy this, and at checkout I was over $400, btwn shipping and tax. So I closed the browser window. :(

Yeah, was eyeing this grail piece that I missed for some time, the sideshow 20% made me jump the gun...but upon reviewing the entire checkout process, it states "can't ship to your country". Well, guess I'm saved from spending on it....

Yeah, was eyeing this grail piece that I missed for some time, the sideshow 20% made me jump the gun...but upon reviewing the entire checkout process, it states "can't ship to your country". Well, guess I'm saved from spending on it....
Oh no, sorry to hear this. It sounds like a really good deal on this great armor.

Oh no, sorry to hear this. It sounds like a really good deal on this great armor.
thanks mate... yeah it's a shame but I guess I shouldn't sleep on the next reissues that I've missed previously.

I wonder on the other hand if MK45 would ever see a reissue in both 1/4, 1/6th scales. I missed that one too as I didn't like the armor at first, but it grew on me over the years and I have now come to regret skipping it.

thanks mate... yeah it's a shame but I guess I shouldn't sleep on the next reissues that I've missed previously.

I wonder on the other hand if MK45 would ever see a reissue in both 1/4, 1/6th scales. I missed that one too as I didn't like the armor at first, but it grew on me over the years and I have now come to regret skipping it.
Yeah MK 45 is a great armor.
When I first started collecting I had to decide between the 45 and 46 because they were both available at the time. I ended up getting the 46 because I have a one figure per character rule and just felt that the 46 was a perfect blend between and classic and more modern look for Iron Man …but it was a tough decision

Yeah MK 45 is a great armor.
When I first started collecting I had to decide between the 45 and 46 because they were both available at the time. I ended up getting the 46 because I have a one figure per character rule and just felt that the 46 was a perfect blend between and classic and more modern look for Iron Man …but it was a tough decision
I might just have gotten lucky on finding a seller near to me who has a copy of the MK 45 misb after all these years. Was wondering if any MK45 owners have had any degradation issues with the MK45 after all these years or anything I should be aware of?

Back