1/6 Hot Toys - MMS350 - Captain America: Civil War - Captain America Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Am I the only one that doesn't like the box? It's very un-creative and after the AOU and BvS boxes looked so great, I expected more.

The MoS boxes are the best boxes I've ever seen HT do.

However, I display the figures. The boxes get stored in a closet and don't see the light of day unless I want to swap out hands or a sculpt.

If you don't like it don't buy it.. Well, I think is not that simple when you have to preorder figures to buy them at decent prices. I don't know how it works in the US with your retailers or Sideshow, but here in Italy and maybe Europe in general is nearly impossible to cancel a pre order, so it's a little disappointing when releases have some issues. If you ask to cancel a preorder to most of the Italian sellers for example, they answer you like if you have just killed their mother.
Not saying that's the case anyway, the figure looks good overall to me, and there are pics where the neutral sculpt looks ok. I'd like to see a comparison between this sculpt, the Bv one and AoU, I think it would be interesting. I have hope in next Clipper King review!

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

I usually display the boxes behind the figure, makes it look less...empty? Idk I just prefer how it looks, so the box art is important for me. I understand that it's probably not that being of an issue for other collectors, just giving my 2 cents

If you don't like it don't buy it.. Well, I think is not that simple when you have to preorder figures to buy them at decent prices. I don't know how it works in the US with your retailers or Sideshow, but here in Italy and maybe Europe in general is nearly impossible to cancel a pre order, so it's a little disappointing when releases have some issues. If you ask to cancel a preorder to most of the Italian sellers for example, they answer you like if you have just killed their mother.
Not saying that's the case anyway, the figure looks good overall to me, and there are pics where the neutral sculpt looks ok. I'd like to see a comparison between this sculpt, the Bv one and AoU, I think it would be interesting. I have hope in next Clipper King review!

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Completely agree. I know of stores in various countries that unlike US stores (which typically only asks for 10% deposit or none at all), require full 100% payment or a 50% deposit up front. Customers who do so have every reason to voice their displeasure when the final product falls below the standard set by the prototype (think Stealth Cap).

Well, here in Germany you sometimes have to pay a deposit but most of the times it's not needed. Cancellations aren't liked but it's definitely possible. Of course one should try and keep it to a minimum out of fairness towards the seller alone. Anyway, even if you can't cancel, there's still the option to get the figure shipped to you and then return it within 14 days (you don't even need a reason here) according to distance selling act (right of withdrawal from contract) and get your money back. This should be an EU directive, I think.

I don't see a problem with people nitpicking. No one is saying the figure sucks people are just saying what we think is off about it. And for $250 a figure we should lol

But, there are people that go overboard with it, and that crap gets old.

If I didn't have an NRD with SS I would spend the extra $40 on one from eBay. But giving up that $22 for no reason and also making the figure essentially $60 more than retail is too much for the accountant in my head to handle.

But, there are people that go overboard with it, and that crap gets old.

That's a very good point and extremely true lol. Sometimes it's too much. Pick out what's wrong and then that's that lol. Either buy it or don't. I completely understand lol

Back