1/6 Hot Toys - MMS350 - Captain America: Civil War - Captain America Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone know if this Civil War version will had the shield to were you can place it on his back like on the Age of Ultron one? I'm thinking I might trade up to this Civil War one if he does.

Does anyone know if this Civil War version will had the shield to were you can place it on his back like on the Age of Ultron one? I'm thinking I might trade up to this Civil War one if he does.

NO the shield is NOT magnetic that was a feature of the Age of Ultron version only because his shield had that magnetic mechanism in the movie presumably stark tech.

NO the shield is NOT magnetic that was a feature of the Age of Ultron version only because his shield had that magnetic mechanism in the movie presumably stark tech.

But it might have a hook which you can use to hang the shield, similar to the previous Captain Americas

But it might have a hook which you can use to hang the shield, similar to the previous Captain Americas

Yes it does have the hook.. i have the battling version and it has it, this one shouldnt be any different other then the non weathering & face plates. I wish they would have kept the magnet for back placement only, the shield sits better then it does with the hook

Last edited:
ae7a0a00fcec11c27d9981bd44b12869.jpg

Compared to the BV, the new ones Headsculpt looks stretched if you look at the lateral aspect of the face in front of the ear. Maybe the angle is just off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The new one does look a little stretched. Also the eyes dont look as good. Not sure what's wrong with them though.

I have both the AoU Cap and the Battling Version and love them equally.

Anyone with this on pre-order is going to be very happy.

I can see what people are saying with the final sculpt. However the more pics I see (here and on HT's facebook page), the more I like it! Looks great to me, and I can not wait to get this fig! I had to skip the AOU fig, which is one of the few cap's missing from my collection, but I have a feeling I will be more than happy with this one when it's released. Hope to see more pics soon.

The new neutral helmeted sculpt looks off in dead-on shots, but pretty good from an angle. I do like the angry sculpt a lot. I can really see Evans in that one. I may just buy an older masked head sculpt from Age of Ultron or the BV, if in hand I decide it's not gonna hold up. Either way I like the figure over all, and I'm glad it's coming soon.

Eh, I'm personally just not seeing it as far as the face being off on this one, it looks fine to me. It looks exactly like what was shown in the promo pictures when it first went up for PO and what was recently shown at SDCC. :dunno

Then again, this is SSF and I've very seldom seen a figure get praised when the final product is released. Everyone looks to find something "wrong" with it. :lol

I completely agree with you man. It looks great. To be honest, I'm getting tired of every thread turning into a complaint about how crappy a figure is. I don't nitpick every figure like some here do, so I guess that's why seeing it gets old.

I completely agree with you man. It looks great. To be honest, I'm getting tired of every thread turning into a complaint about how crappy a figure is. I don't nitpick every figure like some here do, so I guess that's why seeing it gets old.

Totally agree as well. One figure will look different to 2 different people. It's all personal preference. Some small issue may be a deal breaker for some while others it doesn't matter as much. In the end, if you don't like it, don't buy it. That's all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:duff

Correct me if I'm wrong here also, but if people are saying the faceplates on this sculpt make it look more elongated/bigger than the recycled SS and AoU sculpt on the BV Cap, but both the regular and BV Caps presumably both use the same body, then how would an elongated sculpt somehow look smaller on the exact same body than what a smaller sculpt does?

I don't think there's anything wrong with pointing out overly obvious shortcomings of a figure no more than it's not wrong to point out what's good about a figure, but I think often times people go a bit overboard with the nitpicking. As I mentioned, it looks no different to me than what has already been shown and it got nothing but praise then.

I thought it looked great then and it still looks great now. Can't wait to get mine.

:duff

Correct me if I'm wrong here also, but if people are saying the faceplates on this sculpt make it look elongated/bigger than the recycled SS and AoU sculpt on the BV Cap, but both the regular and BV Caps presumably both use the same body, then how would an elongated sculpt somehow look smaller on the exact same body than what a smaller sculpt does?
Everyone is a critic. It gives them a sense of power that they don't normally have in everyday life. Lol

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Something looks off on the sculpt for some reason and the body looks a little too beefy. Not sure.

I don't see a problem with people nitpicking. No one is saying the figure sucks people are just saying what we think is off about it. And for $250 a figure we should lol

I don't see a problem with people nitpicking. No one is saying the figure sucks people are just saying what we think is off about it. And for $250 a figure we should lol
Big takeaway is you can't please everybody.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I'd like to know how tall he is. He definitely looks good and imposing but not sure he's the right size. He looks too big/tall. But I guess that would work for those who want him bigger.

He does look pretty large in these initial photos, but I'm sure it'll be in scale once in hand. When someone says a figure is large, "large" to me is the MoS Superman figure. I doubt this figure will be as large as that.

Back