1/6 Hot Toys MMS250 - Aliens vs. Predator: 1/6th scale Ancient Predator Figure.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My A.P. showed up at the office today. I had no chance to photograph it, but I'm sure I'll get to it eventually.

I came close to canceling this one, in an attempt to be financially responsible. So glad I didn't. Suffice it to say that, of the three AVP re-releases, this figure is clearly the strongest. All of my nitpicks from the previous AVP figures have been addressed (with the exception of the left shoulder armor, which, apparently, I'm absolutely incapable of not breaking. :lol ). The knife friction-fits perfectly into the right leg armor. The cannon is equally snug. All of the joints are nice and tight.

At any rate, I left him at the office for the weekend. I'll try to post a pic or two on Monday.

Had this figure for a week, but hadn't taken any photos since I was busy with School. Now that I had the chance I took a quick photo of him within the group. :rock
image.jpg

Got mine today, glad I decided to pick him up. Lots of great accessories/options for display. I'll try to get a pic at some point.

the ultimate question I have is, is it worth $300? What do you lucky owners of this figure think?

Since Ancient came with everything Celtic came with plus the alien head spear I would say no. However, it's still an awesome figure with a great shelf presence. But knowing I almost spent almost $300 on this doesn't seem accurate.

Hot Toys Toy Fair Exclusive Ancient Predator 2.0. I woke up at 3am randomly . I hadn't gotten the chance to open this beast up and check him out. I have a few nit picks about . The major nit pick is they only give you one hand to hold the spear also the bio mask tubes are a little short.Well here he is . I hope you enjoy

10339438_1467582163497868_4443064285480879912_o.jpg1966307_1467562450166506_5784687521558407706_o.jpg10574222_1467562350166516_541927351517351920_n.jpg

Does the fig provide outstanding value? It's hard to argue that any 1:6 fig priced at $300 is a value of any sort. However, he comes with many accessories, looks great, and is nice and sturdy (unlike the Scar which is somewhat loose). Out of the AVP redo's, I would say that Celtic is probably the one to get all things considered, but Ancient is a close second, and if you were able to get a hold of Celtic mask, you can kill 2 birds with one stone. 3 birds if you get a Celtic & Scar mask.

Last edited:
Hot Toys Toy Fair Exclusive Ancient Predator 2.0. I woke up at 3am randomly . I hadn't gotten the chance to open this beast up and check him out. I have a few nit picks about . The major nit pick is they only give you one hand to hold the spear also the bio mask tubes are a little short.Well here he is . I hope you enjoy

View attachment 128335View attachment 128336View attachment 128337

I've seen members and reviewers post pics of him holding the spear with his left hand. Is this not true?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the ultimate question I have is, is it worth $300? What do you lucky owners of this figure think?

It depends on how much of a fan you are of the AVP series ? There's no argument here about these collectibles being over priced .
Thing to consider :
#1 - do you have the other's in the series ? Scar and Celtic . If you do then this would compliment them perfectly . Or you can be content with just one . If was getting just one it would be Celtic predator .
#2= he's $20 dollors more then the Celtic but your getting the additional alien head on the spear and a similar but completely different design base in terms of the dead alien . Also your getting two different Bio mask to change up from time to time . Also the head sculpt is painted different them scar and Celtic .
#3 trying to decide which one to get if only one would probably be Celtic but I really love scar predator also . That's why I got all three . Tough choice.
#4 - in terms of selling these on eBay down the road like a Dx joker or batman and walking away with a load of profit . Highly unlikely . The demand for this franchise doesn't compare to the comic driven characters that I mentioned . So your getting these because there extremely well made and your a huge predator fan .

There was no way for me to get the spear in any of the left hands that were included. One of the left hands looks like it could if you cut the thumb away from the fingers but I didn't want to put that much work into it. The spear in the right hand is not movie-accurate but not a big deal to me. I didn't get Celtic or Scar so I'm happy with what I spent on Ancient Predator. It comes with a ton of extras and the Alien head on the spear is awesome.

I think so, but then, I didn't pay that much for it. I have all three of the new AVP figures, and if I was forced to keep only one, it would be this one. In all honesty, I very nearly canceled this one. Like most, I thought that the other two were more than enough. That brief flashback scene featuring the Ancient is one of the top three quintessential AVP moments in the film. (The other two being the head-to-head between Chopper and the Alien, as well as the moment when Scar is flying through the air, about to spear the Queen.)

The articulation is good and strong, the range of motion is perfect for your typical heroic poses, and that spear is just fantastic. Additionally, they upped the brutality of the alien head on the base over that which was included with Celtic.

Back