1/6 Hot Toys MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

Yours looks amazing Remy! (great pics too).

:rock

Thanks Rory. :)

Yeah it's possible to get the pleats in there like I did with mine. There not as thick as the stock cape but they are still noticeable and sit better with Tony's cape IMO.

Great Futzing Guyver. :hi5:

Don't get me wrong guys..If you are satisfied with the MOS out of the box it is by far a great collectible to own, however if you go the extra mile like I and many others have done, the design is well worth modding, It gives the figure a realistic presence to the film IMO. Sometimes I stare at mine and realized I have made a completely different figure in a good way. :wink1:

It's your call..but I'm telling you first hand, it's well worth the effort. Pics don't do him justice.

Giving that Snyder look

Last edited:

Don't get me wrong guys..If you are satisfied with the MOS out of the box it is by far a great collectible to own, however if you go the extra mile like I and many others have done, the design is well worth modding, It gives the figure a realistic presence to the film IMO. Sometimes I stare at mine and realized I have made a completely different figure in a good way. :wink1:

It's your call..but I'm telling you first hand, it's well worth the effort

Giving that Snyder look

Holy Moly Jabroni! I am in love with this, now I am going for the hunt on this figure. Someone in the UK should have him....hopefully.....

Holy Moly Jabroni! I am in love with this, now I am going for the hunt on this figure. Someone in the UK should have him....hopefully.....

Good luck on the hunt! He really is worth the effort! Like Guyver said, even straight out of the box it's an amazing figure and the cape mod just puts it over the top :rock

Yeah, cheapest I've found is £210 which I would normally be ok with but as the figure dosen't really come with any accessories (I know the character doesn't haven't any) but it's holding me back. Hong. Kong sellers on ebay run the risk of customs - Clipperkings recent video said he was assured it would be marked low value gird and he still got hit with charges because the seller forgot.

Dont let the simplicity of this figure fool you...there's lots of complexity on this Figure.
The suit was magnificently captured by Hot Toys, this could have easily looked like a pajama suit, but suit looks
so similar to the movie. It has a nice sheen, very textured.
The body used was also excellent giving the figure a more humanlike quality...it really gives you the perception
of a shape of a man in a skintight suit.
This is easily of one of the best headsculpt HT has produced...it even topped Trevor Grove's PF sculpt in terms of Likeness.

The thing is it has so much shelf presence.
There's still many times I'm not paying attention, then I turn and see the figure on the shelf and just go...
Gaddamn...that's a bad A$$ figure!

Dont let the simplicity of this figure fool you...there's lots of complexity on this Figure.
The suit was magnificently captured by Hot Toys, this could have easily looked like a pajama suit, but suit looks
so similar to the movie. It has a nice sheen, very textured.
The body used was also excellent giving the figure a more humanlike quality...it really gives you the perception
of a shape of a man in a skintight suit.
This is easily of one of the best headsculpt HT has produced...it even topped Trevor Grove's PF sculpt in terms of Likeness.

The thing is it has so much shelf presence.
There's still many times I'm not paying attention, then I turn and see the figure on the shelf and just go...
Gaddamn...that's a bad A$$ figure!

:exactly: Couldn't have said it better than that Remy!

In the right light, It's eerie to me how much of a realistic look it gives off, sometimes better than a PF or statue at times IMO and I think that's due to it's size

Got this guy today...

Quick question....

Above the superman symbol on his chest there is a spot that is darker blue than the rest of the suit

It is like a circle and didn't know if this was common or my suit had some discoloration/stain of some sorts.

Also when I opened it out of the box his cape has stitches in the back to connect to his shoulders and mid back

The mid back strings were snapped already and one of the shoulder ones is snapped as well

will this be an issue or is a minor concern? Also didn't know if this was common

Got this guy today...

Quick question....

Above the superman symbol on his chest there is a spot that is darker blue than the rest of the suit

It is like a circle and didn't know if this was common or my suit had some discoloration/stain of some sorts.

Also when I opened it out of the box his cape has stitches in the back to connect to his shoulders and mid back

The mid back strings were snapped already and one of the shoulder ones is snapped as well

will this be an issue or is a minor concern? Also didn't know if this was common

I am not sure about the dark spot, pictures will certainly help. As for the stiches it doesn't matter really. You wont notice a difference. If you plan on modding the neck or changing the cape it has to be done anyways.

My Superman was suppose to arrive yesterday via UPS but it shows that there was a missed connection due to a late train(I didn't even know they used trains) and is now scheduled for Monday.

My Superman was suppose to arrive yesterday via UPS but it shows that there was a missed connection due to a late train(I didn't even know they used trains) and is now scheduled for Monday.

A train connection, huh? :dunno Sux having to wait longer, but it will be worth it when he does arrive.

Pleats are looking good, Guyver.

I'm so tempted to buy this figure - can't find one in stock in the UK and ebay prices are scary...

Why don't you preorder it from a uk seller? It will only be a short wait until uk sellers have it in stock. CDUK have it for a great price.

How did u bend the Edge of the cape? Were u using wire inside That cape?

I used the stand to hold the cape up, after that it took some futzing to get the look you see in the photo. Since the cape is a little thicker, I kinda folded it upon itselt to get that look (If that made any sense).

Something easy and quick to hold me over until I change out the cape

Why don't you preorder it from a uk seller? It will only be a short wait until uk sellers have it in stock. CDUK have it for a great price.

I spoke to WhySoSerious and they said April is the current quote from Sideshow.

Back