1/6 Hot Toys MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

re arranged my set up. :D This figure is getting close to being my favorite! Leonidas has competition lmao!
I really need to get some lights in my detolf :/

re arranged my set up. :D This figure is getting close to being my favorite! Leonidas has competition lmao!
I really need to get some lights in my detolf :/

That's a great setup, and so far I'd have to say that this is the best I've seen of the piping painting. Or my favorite, whichever works! It really looks awesome on your figure :rock

And i just bought some of those ikea dioder light setups on ebay, waiting on my new display to arrive but tested them out anyway and they light really well. I recommend them for sure as of course would many others around here :wave

I really appreciate that, im glad you like it.I am going to try and take a picture with the light off so you guys can see how it blends in with the suit in darker areas. I know about the ikea lights just haven't had a chance to go pick some up.

Took some pics earlier.
I think these came out better cause I was able to get a better representation of the suit's color.
The ones I posted before were rushed and I didnt play much with the setting and suit's blue look a little bright.
I LOVE THIS FIGURE!!! :yess:

I love your display!!! :clap

Lukes incredible... :wink1:

Lol, thanks Bar.

Looks great Remy

This figure is actually becoming one of my favorites to customize.

Thank you guyver, I really like your mods also and posing. Ht truly lived up to its reputation on this figure.

I love your display!!! :clap

Thank you sir. :)

Both are just awesome.

Remy, Supes looks like a real person at those angles. Supes with Hulk and swirling cape complete with painted piping looks excellent! Great job guys!!

Thanks man. :duff

Took some pics earlier.
I think these came out better cause I was able to get a better representation of the suit's color.
The ones I posted before were rushed and I didnt play much with the setting and suit's blue look a little bright.
I LOVE THIS FIGURE!!! :yess:

WOW that Shepard is AMAZING!!!!

WOW that Shepard is AMAZING!!!!

Thank you. :)
I'm a big mass effect fan, Its a custom I made using an HT mark IV i repainted and asked member corrose to make the decals for the logos and the
Red/white stripes. I slightly retouched a head I saw on eBay to make it look similar to commander Shepard.
Very happy how it turned out.

Loving your Supes and pics Remy. Finally decided to do the collar mod, ordered Tony's cape too.

Loving your Supes and pics Remy. Finally decided to do the collar mod, ordered Tony's cape too.

Very cool! You're gonna love it dude.
I can't praise Tony's cape enough.
With the mods and Tony's cape, this honestly looks like one of the best figures I've seen.
Such a great presence on the shelf.

Looking forward to see your pics man.
Always enjoy seeing your pics buddy.:1-1:

And i just bought some of those ikea dioder light setups on ebay, waiting on my new display to arrive but tested them out anyway and they light really well. I recommend them for sure as of course would many others around here :wave

I use two sets per detolf for maximum lighting, but i am running out of wall plug space, lol.
Dioder has 36 LEDs in a set, across four light bars, and you get approximately 1 metre of lighting. I just found an LED sight strip that costs half as much as Dioder, has 5 metres of strip, and contains 600 LEDs...
I am going to buy a pack and set up one detolf with it. With luck, it will warn passing ships away from my house, lol.

With luck, it will warn passing ships away from my house, lol.

:lol :lol

I'd be interested to see how well it lights. Been thinking about lighting my Dark Knight, Man of Steel and eventual Godzilla poster and 5 metres of LED lights would be ideal methinks. Takes some pics when you can man :wave

:lol :lol

I'd be interested to see how well it lights. Been thinking about lighting my Dark Knight, Man of Steel and eventual Godzilla poster and 5 metres of LED lights would be ideal methinks. Takes some pics when you can man :wave

Well because i am going to have to cut the strip at lengths and re-wire it, i am going to have to make a plate with the lighting on it, that will be attached under each shelf. It will not be as easy as the Dioder.
But i have already had encouraging results. I am making a custom "Kryptonite cabinet" for my Batman display with ten types of kryptonite, a kryptonite knife and rifle. And the lighting works well just hooked up to a battery.

CDFDF949-E185-40A4-B3D5-0E042CF92F3D.jpg

B06E7BC7-C314-43DA-BA0C-46AF06130610.jpg

FFAA47C4-1F57-463D-9BB4-F6C92935AFD8.jpg

334E5C90-FF3D-44AA-8EC4-F0989ED599CE.jpg

88A3E7B2-79D7-4FB2-A7CF-E00C7ACFED9E.jpg

C5052FEB-62E3-4437-A663-9AB003CDE8A2.jpg

Well because i am going to have to cut the strip at lengths and re-wire it, i am going to have to make a plate with the lighting on it, that will be attached under each shelf. It will not be as easy as the Dioder.
But i have already had encouraging results. I am making a custom "Kryptonite cabinet" for my Batman display with ten types of kryptonite, a kryptonite knife and rifle. And the lighting works well just hooked up to a battery.

CDFDF949-E185-40A4-B3D5-0E042CF92F3D.jpg

B06E7BC7-C314-43DA-BA0C-46AF06130610.jpg

FFAA47C4-1F57-463D-9BB4-F6C92935AFD8.jpg

334E5C90-FF3D-44AA-8EC4-F0989ED599CE.jpg

88A3E7B2-79D7-4FB2-A7CF-E00C7ACFED9E.jpg

That looks amazing Bar :rock

Any one need the MOS superman Display base I listed one for sale,I bought it locally from another guy but ended up buying 2 mos supermans also.$75 shipped with pole and clamp.

Looks great Bar.

Just about finished doing the neck collar mod and i have to say a big thank you to Shortround and Emarae for the video, watched it a couple times and when i went through with the mod had it playing in the background. It really did help, especially seeing what tools i would need for the mod.

I had never done any sort of modification work to my figures but i have to say that taking my time the mod was relatively easy to go through. Now the wait begins for tony's cape to arrive! :yess:

Really happy i decided to come on board here at sideshow freaks, everyone here posts some really amazing photos and modification work/tips. Really glad to be part of this community :wave

Just about finished doing the neck collar mod and i have to say a big thank you to Shortround and Emarae for the video, watched it a couple times and when i went through with the mod had it playing in the background. It really did help, especially seeing what tools i would need for the mod.

I had never done any sort of modification work to my figures but i have to say that taking my time the mod was relatively easy to go through. Now the wait begins for tony's cape to arrive! :yess:

Really happy i decided to come on board here at sideshow freaks, everyone here posts some really amazing photos and modification work/tips. Really glad to be part of this community :wave

That video was extremely helpful. Superman was my first attempt at modding a figure as well. Initially I was very skeptical, but after rereading and looking over photos and a couple of videos, I ordered Tony's cape and mustered up the courage. It's a good feeling to look at a figure knowing you put some work into making him/her look even better.

Glad to hear it went well, throw some pics up when you get done.

Welcome to the community. :1-1:

That video was extremely helpful. Superman was my first attempt at modding a figure as well. Initially I was very skeptical, but after rereading and looking over photos and a couple of videos, I ordered Tony's cape and mustered up the courage. It's a good feeling to look at a figure knowing you put some work into making him/her look even better.

Glad to hear it went well, throw some pics up when you get done.

There's many times, I end up liking the figure much more knowing I put a little elbow grease making the figure better.
Its also fun, like another extension of the hobby.

Back