1/6 Hot Toys MMS200 - Man of Steel: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys MMS200 - Man of Steel: 1/6th scale Superman Collectible Figure

And HT also needs to make this figure a little taller. HT has issue with all the figures have the same height. Superman suppose to be 6'4 6'5ish?! But the CR Superman has the same height as most of their figures.

No he isn't. My CR Superman is taller than my Keaton Bats, and every version of HT Bale Bats that I own (Original Costume MMS67, MMS71, Toyfair, DX12).

Yeah, I don't know what Alainator is talking about. My Reeve Superman is taller than all my other Hot Toys figures except for my Arnolds. They're the tallest characters in my collection.

great headsculpt and outfit, definitely too bulky of a body though. After seeing the movie last night though, it doesn't pain me at all to pass on this. What a let down..

I guess based on the movie. Imagine if your spent $200 on Superman Returns....:slap

Nothing wrong with that. I spent $300 on the 2-in-1 set and $235 on the Clark Kent set and don't regret those purchases whatsoever. With just a upgrades and some TLC, those figures look jus as good on the shelf as anything else I've own by HT or Sideshow

Yep me too. Christopher Reeve's Hot Toys Superman was a class figure and Imo Chris Reeve's will always be Superman.

I've never had the attachment to Reeve like many here do other than appreciation for his take on the role. Hoping Cavil will be for me, what Reeve is to many of you.

Hopefully we will be able to PO him today!

Let's hope so. I have been holding off on getting Roadblock because I wanted to see how much Superman would be. Let's go SS and you might get 2 sales today from me!:impatient:

Not sure if this has been mentioned already but one of the reasons why the suit/figure looks fat and bulky is because the black highlights for the muscle definition on the suit isn't coming through in HT's photos. You can see it better in the one from Plastic Enemies (since their brightness/contrast is so high and obnoxious).

Maybe this enhanced pic I threw together will help:

plfj.jpg

Basically when you can't see those highlights the suit/body ends up looking bulky. :lol

Still his arms and neck are wayyy too thick

Still his arms and neck are wayyy too thick

As has been mentioned before, this is likely a DX10 body on the prototype suit.
I'd expect it to be the exact proportions by next july when it comes out.
They mention a totally new body.
And that cannot be made already. So for now, it's an Arnie physique.
Eventually it will be Cavill sized.

I wonder if we swap the Christopher Reeve body into this Man of Steel suit? It may look more proportionate or the suite might be too loose?

Definitely the arms and the legs are way too bulky the rest of the body is OK! I want a figure of Faora!

Yeah, I don't understand either. Hopefully they remove it from Supes. I like the head sculpts that have the cut below the chin to the ear.

Maybe they both have that kind of neck so they can look up easier? I don't know. I assume Selina would have to look up if she was posed on the bat-pod. not sure why Supes would really need that.

I must formally request you change your signature, so I don't stop at every one of your posts for twenty seconds, forced to question my sexuality.

I wonder if we swap the Christopher Reeve body into this Man of Steel suit? It may look more proportionate or the suite might be too loose?

Too early to speculate, but I believe it is swappable but the head on both bodies when exchanged may not be proportion, just my 2 cents :panic:

I'm waiting for HQ set of pics, forgot how to obtain them :slap

Lame joke try next time better.

Too early to speculate, but I believe it is swappable but the head on both bodies when exchanged may not be proportion, just my 2 cents :panic:

I'm waiting for HQ set of pics, forgot how to obtain them :slap

I think so too.

Back