Hot Toys - MMS190 - Alien vs. Predator: 1/6th scale Scar Predator Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm getting this but skipping on Celtic, Chopper (have the old ones, but was never able to score a Scar). If this is the same body as Classic, its probably a little too thin / small?

Oh my god ! I preordered this . I can't stop collecting these things . I have every predator from p2 elder up to classic . I just got iron monger dxt800 captain America . Preorders battle damaged t-800 and wolverine . It never stops ! Now this and city hunter . And you know there about to announce a 1/4 scale predator anytime now . How many predators do I need ! This is getting ridiculous !

well I just pre-orderd this ugly mofo. and excited. never had an AVP pred. Thank the lord that flex payment is there or this couldn't be a possibility for me.
:yess::yess::yess::yess::banana:banana

maybe later if they becom announced would consider the chopper and celtic. AND possibly the alien queen!

All I have to say is thank goodness it's not a snap kit - that's one huge benefit over the original. You really haven't lived until you tried putting one of those bastards together :lol

I practically embedded the old ones into the walls of my house trying to fiddle with those damned snap kits. I want this mainly because I never got the older version wouldn't mind Celtic and Chopper either but would be fine if this was the only AvP re-release.

So what does this one have more of to warrant the higher price?
Accuracy is still so-so, except for the head. He seems to have less blades, although made of steel. The body proportions are still off, maybe better looking proportions, but still off. And now we've got a light-up bio. Is that about it?

I am not a big fan of hot toys previous avp figures. They had crappy body proportions, visible joints that kinda ruin the aesthetic look of the pieces, and their accuracy was far from good actually. Though, this figure looks a lot better. Joints hardly visible, the body is massive and he looks like tough mother***. That's how Scar predator should look like. Good job on this piece :clap.

Well, the unmasked head looks even dumber than it did in the movie (it looks okay in some angles). But I'll keep him masked, so whatever.

Linebacker body looks fantastic, the body paint apps are killer, the armor is flat-out amazing, and the dreads? They could be a little longer, but I'm very happy with how they turned out. Solid thickness too.

AND ____ YES, GIANT WRISTBLADES!

So what does this one have more of to warrant the higher price?
Accuracy is still so-so, except for the head. He seems to have less blades, although made of steel.

Uh, he has three different lengths including the extra-long ones that we didn't get the first time. The only blades he's missing are the forearm ones which he never even had in the film. Those were all Chopper's. I think HT will keep little details like that in mind to set apart these AVP Preds as much as possible -- thus increasing incentive to buy all three no matter how similar they still are.

Im glad every time i re-visit this thread and see so many people as stoked as i am. Its a complete 180 to the City Hunter thread

The hostility from people who have the older figs is understandable especially if they paid ridiculous amounts to obtain them.

Well, the unmasked head looks even dumber than it did in the movie (it looks okay in some angles). But I'll keep him masked, so whatever.
You seriously don't like the head sculpt?

I'd be satisfied with it if it were a bit larger and had an interchangeable lower jaw for the roaring pose, but I think it's much better than the Classic/Snake/P2 obvious rehash mess.

271086_10151166402647344_854338301_n.jpg

You seriously don't like the head sculpt?

I'd be satisfied with it if it were a bit larger and had an interchangeable lower jaw for the roaring pose, but I think it's much better than the Classic/Snake/P2 obvious rehash mess.

Looking at it more, I actually do like it. Paint scheme in those tinted pictures is what got to me.

This is the most flattering shot IMO, mostly because they didn't screw with tinting or any of that stuff. The figure just screams "buy me," which I will do.

262740_10151166403007344_1173973371_n.jpg

The hostility from people who have the older figs is understandable especially if they paid ridiculous amounts to obtain them.

...and here comes the 'V.2.0' rabble with their pitchforks and firebrands too...:rotfl (not you C.B)

Nevertheless, I will be getting this as I never had the funds nor the will-power to take the plunge and spend $450+ to get the original. Expect to see these sentiments re-played in the near future as well, with other HTs releases.:monkey1

honestly though it may not be the most accurate thing in the world and I know that's what everyone wants, but me personally am happy/ Stoked for this guy. He looks incredible as far as detail among the armor, the blades, the spear, the dagger, even his plasma caster.
the head is iffy but yet to me movie accurate. it just needs to be done in Q2 of 2013. HT tends to lax on their due dates.

possibly an exlusive version as well, I.E ani-com scar. could be a high potential to cost quite a bit more.

How soon do you guys reckon we'll see Scar's pals? They knocked out the Avengers in very quick succession and those were all completely different characters. With these, just switch out the helmets, take the ab armor out, change the feet (is it movie-accurate to make the feet of some spikey and the others dull, or are they just sticking to what they did with the first versions?), take away a couple weapons, add a couple new ones, and bingo. You've got a different character.

Aye its a bit like Berserker pred as in the headsculpt was way off compared to the film, but i actually prefer it and the same thing seems to be going on with Scar as well lol.

Back