Hot Toys - MMS185 - The Avengers: Iron Man MK VII Official Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
999817_10151554841078528_860267832_n.jpg

1049192_10151554841113528_234061070_o.jpg

1052584_10151554841308528_1077349989_o.jpg

1001297_10151554841353528_2018355647_n.jpg

these 2 look really good together

Yup they do. I took a couple pics of my Mark 7 with WM too a few pages back on here. They do look great together with all weapons out and armed to the teeth.

I'm thinking about applying the epoxy putty onto the bottom part of the faceplate as well to make the black mouth slit thinner.

But for now I'm focusing on the eyes. I'm quite happy with it but once it dries a bit and I have another look at it, I might tweak it a tiny bit more.

Messed around with it for a hour. Was quite frustrating getting it right. It was too narrow here or there and was a hassle overall. It's a mod that I can't live without doing so it's worth the trouble.

I was thinking about providing a service of modding it for those who do want to have their faceplate modded.

Same here.

Looking forward to the eyes mod.

Some progress for tonight.

Sanded it down a bit to flatten it, diffused the eyes a bit more. Going to sand it down again tomorrow, prime it and then apply the first layer of Gold onto it.

what kind of putty are you using? Looks a bit like Apoxie Sculpt. Just wondering as I may brave this mod.

Has SS started shipping out the Regulars? I chatted with them yesterday and was told they still haven't heard from Hot Toys but hope to know more this week. Whether that was some standard message or not, I don't know.

damn...i am having a HORRIBLE run with QC on this one.
its my third now after getting two other duds. my first two also had this issue (leg refuses to allow the panels to sit flush on left leg), but this one also has paint chipped as well just to piss me off even more :panic:

t86kck.jpg

hopefully SSC can just swap me a leg. the rest of the figure is fine and i would hate to return the whole thing just to open myself up to even more potential issues with the whole body.

its funny that i keep getting this one problem when nobody else seems to be reporting it. i must be the unluckiest person ever :lol

Has SS started shipping out the Regulars? I chatted with them yesterday and was told they still haven't heard from Hot Toys but hope to know more this week. Whether that was some standard message or not, I don't know.

Oh I figured they were shipping already. Guess our BBTS wait is going to be even longer then.

its my third now after getting two other duds. my first two also had this issue (leg refuses to allow the panels to sit flush on left leg), but this one also has paint chipped as well just to piss me off even more :panic:

t86kck.jpg

hopefully SSC can just swap me a leg. the rest of the figure is fine and i would hate to return the whole thing just to open myself up to even more potential issues with the whole body.

its funny that i keep getting this one problem when nobody else seems to be reporting it. i must be the unluckiest person ever :lol

Or its a byproduct of the way the swappable panels work, and nobody else cares?

Or its a byproduct of the way the swappable panels work, and nobody else cares?

its not a byproduct of how they work...not unless the left legs are intended to function as a teeter totter :rotfl

check the gap on the gold, not the end hanging over the red. a small gap over the red is normal and how the armor is designed.

the other sits completely fine.

nope.

if it was user error i would be doing it with the right leg as well since im doing the exact same thing when attaching it.

its possible i just got all three from the same bad batch since they all also came with the normal clean faceplate tabs cut and finished during the manufacturing process.

also, ive seen and held another that had both sitting flush that was not my figure to test if the leg panels where the problem with mine or he actual leg was the cause....soooo yah, i know its not me doing something stupid :dance

if you have the issue you would know. the leg panels literally and audibly "pop" out of their seating like the tolerances are not correct to accept the parts

Last edited:

One member here claimed they received their regular from SS over the weekend. They were either mistaking it for an exclusive or it was an isolated incident. The majority are still playing the waiting game.

t86kck.jpg

a little OCD; Don't take it back, its just how the leg panels work, I think there all gonna be like that and nobody has brought it up because it isn't noticible, it flows with the rest of the suit. what sucks is you trade in one without a paint chip for this one thats a bummer; Sorry man for your troubles

UPS just delivered my IM MK VII! :panic::panic::panic:

Now I have to wait until I get home to open him up. :mad: :gah:

I just opened mine up last nite, 4 hours of messing around with it went by in no time; theres soooo much stuff to change out and what not... this has to be my most delicate figure to date as the legs are arms love to pop off when posing, its soooo fragile, and im worried that changing out the repulsor hands isn't going to last long, :p

other wise, this figure is FRICK"N AWESOME !!!!

ps. don't really care for the HS like i thought i would, the pictures of it look better than in hand, or maybe im just blinded by how cool the suit looks :panic:

a little OCD; Don't take it back, its just how the leg panels work, I think there all gonna be like that and nobody has brought it up because it isn't noticible, it flows with the rest of the suit. what sucks is you trade in one without a paint chip for this one thats a bummer; Sorry man for your troubles

its not ocd for me with the panel.

ocd for me is the mismatched red paint layers on a lot of the ab sections. something one of mine has and i can also see on others who have posted pictures in this thread.

that drives me nuts because you cant unnoticed it once you see it :lol

the panel doesn't sit right because it isn't "locking" in right. that is my issue
if the gap was there and the panel clicked in properly i wouldn't care.
its the fact its literally popping itself out, the gap is just a byproduct of it.

either way one more return for me. at the very least to get rid of the paint chip which is flaking away from the spot and will only get worse.

Last edited:
I'm hoping that with Sideshow shipping out regulars already, we should see him from BBTS either this week or next.

I'm anxiously awaiting that BBTS shipment confirmation email with the UPS tracking number in it. Every time I get a BBTS email I think its the shipment confirmation but instead it's just that damned normal product announcement email. lol :thud:

I've been waiting for this figure forever! It seems like everyone and their momma have theirs. I asked my dealer when he'll be getting it but mentioned there was only partial shipment and he's still waiting for his. Hope he gets enough.

Back