Hot Toys - MMS185 - The Avengers: Iron Man MK VII Official Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS - The Avengers: Iron Man MK VII

definitely a plus if you're a completist. something different along with the mark v. wouldn't be my pick if I had to choose only one however. that looks like a ceramic armor and tells me there's going to be a mark ix in iron man 3.

it looks better with more red highlights, without them the head doesn't fit in properly. it looks like a big red dot on a white background.

this is what i wish it looked like. it improves the color distribution and adds a layer of detail that isnt present right now.
2zfvddx.jpg

it looks better with more red highlights, without them the head doesn't fit in properly. it looks like a big red dot on a white background.

this is what i wish it looked like. it improves the color distribution and adds a layer of detail that isnt present right now.
2zfvddx.jpg

Whoa, see, I like this color mod tons and tons better, the extra red helps contrast with the silver trim, adds lots of texture. The gold(beige?) is almost a little too monochrome (and I was not initially opposed to the use of more gold in the color scheme, so it's not just that I don't like change... :nana:)

I love it but didn't at first. It grew on me after I considered that it was more flesh colored to tie to the extremis plot line... Nano tech and all... It's one of those love it or hate it things.

Did anyone notice the different coloured fingers?....WTF is that all about?! I suppose being selfish, in terms of my collection, it'll be good to have the contrast of this armour against the others though.

2zfvddx.jpg

I like THIS a lot more! Again, way too much gold with the new look.

2zfvddx.jpg

The IronMan fan inside me died. This is the excuse for me to buy the MVII :monkey1

The Mk.VIII sure looks like it's a transitional armor as Tony gets closer to the Extremis armor. After the bulky Mk.VII, it appears this one is being tapered down, closer to Tony's body.

Perhaps by the Avengers 2, we'll see the Bleeding Edge armor. :horror

It looks cream instead of gold. Could that be the real color or just lighting? I could go with cream, but would really prefer gold.

The mod has that classic 1990s modular armor look. So much better than what we are getting.

There are an incredible amount of similarities between this armour and the MKV suitcase armour.
Notably, all the little silver pieces on the side of the abdomen and the segmented nature of the panelling.
Also, the "non-gold" panels make me think that perhaps the "90+%" of this suit being that beige colour might be a hint that the armour is "in disguise".
I could be wrong, but if Iron Man were real, the MKV trick with Happy lugging that briefcase around with no-one realising that it was an Iron Man suit would only work once. Afterwards, if Tony was on holiday away from home and with Happy lugging a metallic red briefcase around, all the crooks and conmen would be trying to nab it.
I wonder if this isn't an armour that is disguised as Tony's luggage when he's abroad.
The first thing that struck me when i saw that beige colour was that it had to look of a leather suitcase.
I can picture Tony with what appears to be carry on luggage, and is actually a heavily disguised "suitcase suit" The silver parts near the armpits could even be the remnants of handles.
Like this suit is the "MKV" of the movie, THEN he gets extremis.
Just a thought.

get

There are an incredible amount of similarities between this armour and the MKV suitcase armour.
Notably, all the little silver pieces on the side of the abdomen and the segmented nature of the panelling.
Also, the "non-gold" panels make me think that perhaps the "90+%" of this suit being that beige colour might be a hint that the armour is "in disguise".
I could be wrong, but if Iron Man were real, the MKV trick with Happy lugging that briefcase around with no-one realising that it was an Iron Man suit would only work once. Afterwards, if Tony was on holiday away from home and with Happy lugging a metallic red briefcase around, all the crooks and conmen would be trying to nab it.
I wonder if this isn't an armour that is disguised as Tony's luggage when he's abroad.
The first thing that struck me when i saw that beige colour was that it had to look of a leather suitcase.
I can picture Tony with what appears to be carry on luggage, and is actually a heavily disguised "suitcase suit" The silver parts near the armpits could even be the remnants of handles.
Like this suit is the "MKV" of the movie, THEN he gets extremis.
Just a thought.

get

Impressive. Very good thought on that.

Maybe it's an early stage armor Tony is making and its just unpainted, like Mark 2 :dunno

On the MKIII, the only painted parts are the red parts. And even those parts are suppose to be completely made of that gold titanium alloy they use on a satellite, to stop the ice buildup at high altitude.
So if there is more gold on show, it's because they are having less of it painted red within the context of the movies.

Maybe someone should open up a MARK VIII thread so this can get back to being the MARK VII thread.

Back