Hot Toys - MMS185 - The Avengers: Iron Man MK VII Official Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS - The Avengers: Iron Man MK VII

Man I don't get why they're dragging this one out so long! :gah:

hopefully when/if catwoman is revealed, this won't be too far behind

going off the Bane release date it looks like the MK VII will be a March/April release. Hopefully Hulk will be too, would love to complete my Avengers display before my Birthday next July

Spring release for Hulk & Mark VII? I'd be okay with that. Tax refund time! :yess:

It really is a shame that these are taking so long. The deeper they go into this winter's Hobbit territory, the more likely people are going to have to make a choice. And it's common for people to choose the item that already has some craze circling around it at the time.

Really, I'm impressed with how much Hobbit stuff we've seen so far and most of it should out in time for the movie or thereabouts. With Avengers, it just seemed like no one prepared for it well. Hasbro had no toys on the shelf, we're only looking at our second (or first if you got the MarkVI Promo) true Avenger HT figure next month.

And the longer they stretch these out with their increased prices, the more it means life or choices can get in the way and people will cancel. HT has the luxury of putting out alot of easy sale figures - very little of their stuff shelfwarms online. So, they don't need to do too much of this gauging eiditon sized based on POs.

You guys need to star reading some comics.

Start with the "Extremis" arc.

I´ll think you´ll need it to understand the movie.

If you need to read a series of comics before you watch a film so that you can understand it properly, then that is one badly made film. If they do follow the "Extremis" story line then it will have to be written in such a way that it has to make a passable amount of sense to a person that has never seen any of the IRON MAN films, AVENGERS included....ie; the stranger on the street.

There in lies the dilemma for movie studios that want to make a superhero film...where do you start? You need to give a person, that may never have read a comic in his or her life, a good chance at understanding what is going on there-and-then...you have to write it in a way that will allow a total stranger to the genre an 'in' that will not require 4 days reading just to get up to speed.

Otherwise they will just pay their money to watch another film that they can just walk into, sit down and watch and leave again with no pre-reading of anything.

From the prototype pics so far Mark VII does look a bit pregnant and I'm hoping this would be my first Iron Man 1/6.

...comics are silly. :D

Well yes the 'logic' of some superhero ones can be, but they are an enjoyable leap of escapism.

Seriously, I was thinking about this while watching part of Superman the other day. I'm watching the scene where Superman is drowning in Luthor's pool. Now, how could Superman drown? I mean, he can fly into space -- so how could he drown? But there he was, drowning...

Well, I am going to come off as a real SUPERMAN mark with a real fanboi answer here, but at that point he was rendered almost immobile by the Kryptonite on the chain around his neck.

See??!! It all makes perfect sense when you (don't) think about it (too much). :lol :lol

Well yes the 'logic' of some superhero ones can be, but they are an enjoyable leap of escapism.

See??!! It all makes perfect sense when you (don't) think about it (too much). :lol :lol

I know, obviously, and I'm here too so I'm one of you all. But sometimes guys here get really vicious defending...well, silly stuff.

Losing interest.............

I have to say I kind of got caught up in the whole Avengers hype and now it is really cooling off.

The fact that the Mark VII was presented so poorly and that they seemed to be pushing the next Mark VIII moreso just makes me want to wait yet again before making my first Iron Man purchase.

If you need to read a series of comics before you watch a film so that you can understand it properly, then that is one badly made film. If they do follow the "Extremis" story line then it will have to be written in such a way that it has to make a passable amount of sense to a person that has never seen any of the IRON MAN films, AVENGERS included....ie; the stranger on the street.

There in lies the dilemma for movie studios that want to make a superhero film...where do you start? You need to give a person, that may never have read a comic in his or her life, a good chance at understanding what is going on there-and-then...you have to write it in a way that will allow a total stranger to the genre an 'in' that will not require 4 days reading just to get up to speed.

Otherwise they will just pay their money to watch another film that they can just walk into, sit down and watch and leave again with no pre-reading of anything.

Its not hard to unrerstand. Nano machines the can be programed to alter the make up of a human, that the basic story. I dont think its too hard to follow from there. Th suit is the body and tony is now the computer. The extrmis story itself was a large or drawn out one.

Extremis was large and drawn out? It was only six issues, lol. Now Fear Itself... that was long and drawn out.

I think he meant wasn't. The "large or drawn out" kinda points to that.

I think he meant wasn't. The "large or drawn out" kinda points to that.

lol yes. Stpuid mobil browser kept auto correcting and omitting things i was writting for no reason

lol no problem. I thought that was odd, my brain missed "or" when I was reading it and thought "and". Now IM3 the movie.. that sounds like it could be long and drawn out, but I hope not.

hoping to wake up tomorrow to a MK VII reveal....i'm a fool :slap

Back