Hot Toys - MMS185 - The Avengers: Iron Man MK VII Official Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS - The Avengers: Iron Man MK VII

It would be cool if they made the real-world Iron Man "assembly" a little more believable -- rather than just trying to top the outrageous nature of assembly in each film.

Self-propelled pieces of a suit that find you and assemble...? Just one glitch in one of those pieces -- like the crotch piece -- could really ruin your day.

I'm not too keen on this idea either. Sounds way too far fetched for my liking. I was okay with the previous films and the gantry, but this.... Just not digging it much like the new "Grey Poupon" armor. :monkey4

Self-propelled pieces of a suit that find you and assemble...? Just one glitch in one of those pieces -- like the crotch piece -- could really ruin your day.

I was thinking along those lines today. Of course we all know the scene in the first movie with the gantry struggling to get his damaged MKIII suit off him because he was struggling.
Imagine a situation where he isn't perfectly still when it's being put on him...
Imagine if the tolerances were slightly out. The helmet assembling itself could take his ear off...
My thinking today was that the "refridgerator armour" MKVII could have been a disaster if the airflow affected the assembly.
Also, imagine if the armour were assembling itself over Black Widow? Imagine her hair being caught inbetween the pieces!
Even better. Imagine he made a suit for Banner, and then Banner got angry! I'd LOVE to see that suit explode from the inside out because Banner is hulkifying...
Sorry. That's the kind of thing i think about when i am working...
:)

from the "ABC Family" banner in the back I think it's a girl from the "Pretty Little Liers" show

Thanks for the pointer, you are right! She's one of the actors in that show, her name's Shay Mitchell

Don't know if it has been posted before, but I found the same reference picture Hot Toys used for the figure.
the-avengers-iron-man-mark-vii-collectible-figure-concept-art.jpg

Proportion is somewhat different from the earlier armors, if HT sticks to this reference pic, it should be great.

Last edited:

I was thinking along those lines today. Of course we all know the scene in the first movie with the gantry struggling to get his damaged MKIII suit off him because he was struggling.
Imagine a situation where he isn't perfectly still when it's being put on him...
Imagine if the tolerances were slightly out. The helmet assembling itself could take his ear off...
My thinking today was that the "refridgerator armour" MKVII could have been a disaster if the airflow affected the assembly.
Also, imagine if the armour were assembling itself over Black Widow? Imagine her hair being caught inbetween the pieces!
Even better. Imagine he made a suit for Banner, and then Banner got angry! I'd LOVE to see that suit explode from the inside out because Banner is hulkifying...

Imagine if the AI was intelligent enough to compensate for movement and hair and such. Break dancing battles :rotfl:hi5:

Well...you just assume he has though about that already. Because, you know, he created a flying war mech suit that runs off of the power generator he has created and installed into his sternum.

Imagine if the AI was intelligent enough to compensate for movement and hair and such. Break dancing battles :rotfl:hi5:

Lol. YEah. I am sure Jarvis could cope!

Well...you just assume he has though about that already. Because, you know, he created a flying war mech suit that runs off of the power generator he has created and installed into his sternum.

Of course.
I love how IM could never work in the real world(The rapid acceleration and deceleration would kill him dead in an instant. That first tank shell that kit him would have turned him into tomato soup, hell, the MKI crashing into the sand and falling apart would have sliced him to ribbons!), but what is REALLY cool is that when you're watching the movies, the "It's just a live action comic book" area of your brain switches on, and ANYTHING in them seems believeable!
That's the genius of the IM and avengers movies. Even common sense goes out the window(500,000 ton flying aircraft carrier that can fly with an engine out? NO PROBLEM!!!), but it doesn't matter.
They are still brilliant.
A 500 piece suit that magically morphs onto Iron Man will not strain my credulity more than it already has done.
And it will just make me wish i had one too.

going off the Bane release date it looks like the MK VII will be a March/April release. Hopefully Hulk will be too, would love to complete my Avengers display before my Birthday next July

I think they're going to the Extremis storyline way too early. Each Iron Man movie doesn't have to be about upgrading the tech itself. That was the focus of the 1st and 2nd movie.

Tony is interesting because he can be seperated from his powers. They're not internal. He is mortal. Its the big differenitator between him and everyone else ....Extremis erases that.

I think Extremis arc would be cool, but it will feel overpowered. Its as if Superman dons the Iron Man suit... well kinda... maybe not really... lol...

Anyway, i'm all for the new suits for IM 3!!! Cant wait for the movie!!!

BTW, kinda OT, does Sideshow Collectible send items to oversea??? Say... Australia??? Cause i wouldn't mind pre-ordering the Mark VII from them (when its available).

I think they're going to the Extremis storyline way too early. Each Iron Man movie doesn't have to be about upgrading the tech itself. That was the focus of the 1st and 2nd movie.

Tony is interesting because he can be seperated from his powers. They're not internal. He is mortal. Its the big differenitator between him and everyone else ....Extremis erases that.

it was relevant in the comics because outside of the specific situations in the suit tony had nothing that could keep up with all the other craziness going on with "real" super humans/villans. it essentially makes him a real super hero and puts him on equal footing. i dont mind it being in the movieverse, i just hope if we go down this route we dont take it back like it never happened if a 4th is made.

You guys need to star reading some comics.

I´ll think you´ll need it to understand the movie.

I think you need to get out more.

Realism is overrated.

And comics are silly. :D

Seriously, I was thinking about this while watching part of Superman the other day. I'm watching the scene where Superman is drowning in Luthor's pool. Now, how could Superman drown? I mean, he can fly into space -- so how could he drown? But there he was, drowning...

What comic do I need to read to better understand that?

the-avengers-iron-man-mark-vii-collectible-figure-concept-art.jpg

Proportion is somewhat different from the earlier armors, if HT sticks to this reference pic, it should be great.

When Hot Toys makes this, the proportions will be very close to this except the neck will be 3-times longer than it needs to be.

Back