Hot Toys - MMS175 - The Avengers: 1/6th Scale Thor Official Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it looks pretty good. The likeness is slightly off, but Im sure it will look better in person. Some people saying it looks like Dicaprio or Orlando Bloom....Im not seeing it :lol

Im not the biggest fan of Thor originally so Im not really picky with this one.

Not even joking - if I were looking to put together a Leonardo DiCaprio figure I would use this headsculpt with different hair. It looks incredible but IMO it looks every bit as much like Dicaprio as it does Hemsworth.

edit- ah going by Rzeznik's post I'm not the first person to say so.

2617161842_97bdff8d47.jpg

screen_image_277921.jpg

Definitely see the resemblance. OTOH i see Hemsworth in some angles. :dunno

I'm looking forward to the Toy Hunters shop window video, the skin tone on Fury looked a piece of ____ in Hot Toy's proto shots but looked much more natural in hand, hoping for more of the same here :pray:

Love the costume and the new body, I agree that the likeness is off so hopefully they tweak that some more before release.

He comes with very little doesn't he? they really should have included a dio stand of some sort to make up for his lack of accessories.

I'm looking forward to the Toy Hunters shop window video, the skin tone on Fury looked a piece of ____ in Hot Toy's proto shots but looked much more natural in hand, hoping for more of the same here :pray:

It's definitely going to look better in those toy hunter pics

A better DiCaprio that is :lol

This is bye far the worst release in the avengers line so far but if I get it its just to comlete the line.

Not a great update at all. At least previous figure had Hemsworth's likeness and helmet.
Here we have no base, no afload of acessories, no second head sculpt, no costume/body for display options...
WTF is this?!!?!??!??

SO far soooooooooooooooo disappointed.

- Authentic and detailed fully realized likeness of Chris Hemsworth as Thor
- Movie-accurate facial expression
EPIC LIE! :slap

I´m always get impressed how many people get days waiting for official pics, just to type "DON´T LIKE IT. HS IS OFF. THE PRICE IS TOO HIGH. THE ACESSORIES ARE TO LOW" and stuff like that...

Just so you know I never moan about waiting for a figure, I'm unsure how many of us who have stated dissatisfaction with the sculpt actually continuously increased post count with the daily 'isn't this up yet'/

Just so you know I never moan about waiting for a figure, I'm unsure how many of us who have stated dissatisfaction with the sculpt actually continuously increased post count with the daily 'isn't this up yet'/

He probably isn't sure either. I doubt anyone kept track of that.

I was excited for this reveal....WAS...Head sculpt is AWFUL in my opinion, it looks nothing like Hemsworth in the movie....

I like the new body and the way the armor fits, but we get BARELY any accessories?? The first THOR came with his helmet, hammer, stone base, extra hands, display base and the Avengers version comes with Mjolnir and some hands...and a display base....and I guarantee he'll be listed at or around $220.....PASS :wave

OH...and I also think that the headsculpt on v1 was always fine and looks like Hemsworth as Thor, this one looks like a Thor cosplayer....

I normally don't have alot of hate for HT reveals, I mean in its own right it looks good, but the face sculpt is off, BIG TIME and with hardly any accessories, I'm out...I'll proudly display my THOR version with his glorious helmet!! I loved the helmet from the movie. Granted THOR never wears it in this movie.

Bottom line...the money I set aside for THOR is now going to HULK :yess:

I like the new body and the way the armor fits, but we get BARELY any accessories?? The first THOR came with his helmet, hammer, stone base, extra hands, display base and the Avengers version comes with Mjolnir and some hands...and a display base....and I guarantee he'll be listed at or around $220.....PASS :wave

tbf the stone/rock was a late addition to the last figure so they may add something late on with this one if not then he has to be price at $189.99 like Fury and Hawkeye :lecture

Kojun as sculptor and Hong as the head-art-director... Failed once again. No big surprise.

Back