Hot Toys - MMS173 - Predator 2: 1/6th scale City Hunter Predator Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lets see some pics Goose.... Minus your bleeding apendages of course.

Not tonight. It's hard trying to get a good pose with him at the mo. The hands are such a let down, the figures inability to hold the spine is a killer and he keeps dropping the spear. And once you finally find a pose you like the head falls off. :lol :mad:

The heat and reshape methods works well on the "closed" mandibles. It makes a huge difference! Only problem is I can't post the pics...anyone help?

Not tonight. It's hard trying to get a good pose with him at the mo. The hands are such a let down, the figures inability to hold the spine is a killer and he keeps dropping the spear. And once you finally find a pose you like the head falls off. :lol :mad:
He can't hold any of his accessories and his head keeps falling off? Sold! :lol

Seriously though, give him a NECA 1/4 P1 style photoshoot when you get the chance.

Sounds a lot like Classic. Except that problem subsided with mine for some reason. I guess you just can't wrench the heads back and forth with these new Preds. Gotta be super-supportive when manipulating the joint.

I'm more bummed about the fact that ever since the original P2, they haven't fixed the spear-holding hand. That piece of crap couldn't do its duty back in 2007 and it still can't. At least he looks cool. I'll probably do a pose involving his wrist plasma bolt launcher since I think it's a very underrated weapon.

Haven't gotten him yet, I'll go pick him up in a few hours.

There's, like, a law against providing appropriate hands for Predator action figures, didn't you know? :huh

Seriously though, give him a NECA 1/4 P1 style photoshoot when you get the chance.

Will do as soon as I'm happy with him.

Sounds a lot like Classic. Except that problem subsided with mine for some reason. I guess you just can't wrench the heads back and forth with these new Preds. Gotta be super-supportive when manipulating the joint.

I'm more bummed about the fact that ever since the original P2, they haven't fixed the spear-holding hand. That piece of crap couldn't do its duty back in 2007 and it still can't. At least he looks cool. I'll probably do a pose involving his wrist plasma bolt launcher since I think it's a very underrated weapon.

Haven't gotten him yet, I'll go pick him up in a few hours.

It's such a pain. I've managed to get him to hold the spear and spine but because you have to be so delicate when posing and positioning it all looks very awkward and not very natural, if that makes sense.

Hey guys. Here's a very early test shot of the upcoming photo shoot I'll be doing with him. Got a busy week ahead but I wanted to take a quick photo of him as it may be the weekend before I get round to it. I'm still not 100% happy with the pose, I've used one of his right hands to hold the spine in his left arm for now.:lol Hot Toys Preds seem to take alot of tweaking before you get a pose you're happy with.

P2-Text_zpsa08aecae.jpg

For now Good Night.:wave

Last edited:
Great pics Skyline. :clap

Still a no show from mine, in theory it should have been arriving today so it has to be tomorrow now.:impatient:

Thanks Goose!

Yeah that's one thing that I am not happy is that they did not give any interchangeable left hands so it can hold the Spear.

Only to hold the Net Gun.

For the Jungle Hunter there was some serious movie magic involved in the blade length, so I can't fault Hot Toys implementation of those blades (they behaved like how the Classic figure's blades do, but would disappear entirely in scenes where they weren't needed). But with City Hunter, the blades never extended to be super-long as they do on the Hot Toys and NECA figures; they were either entirely or almost entirely inside the gauntlet, or else extended only this much:

gallery_31_3_179887.jpg

I see!

Yeah to come to think of it, don't think I saw them extend in Predator 2...

Interesting you pointed that out, thanks!

But I am still going to watch it again :D

Something is wrong with the elbow

Will have to look at it again, probably just need to re-align it after I was posing the fore arm.

Last edited:
I just can't stand when the words "PREDATOR" and "comic" are used in the same sentence... Wait... Oh ****! >_<

:thwak

That's funny, because personally I can't stand someone who claims to be a Predator fan, and yet is ignorant to the fact that some of the greatest additions to the mythology come from the comics.

On a more positive note, I appreciate the great pictures. One more week to go, and I should have this guy in-hand. Has anyone completed the Heat mod on the mandibles?

Last edited:
The left elbow joint really bugs me. It wasn't like that before with Shadow and Classic. It looks like the peg is longer than usual that's why maybe it's sticking out more.

Anyone tried to push that arm fully in and got a pic?

For the Jungle Hunter there was some serious movie magic involved in the blade length, so I can't fault Hot Toys implementation of those blades (they behaved like how the Classic figure's blades do, but would disappear entirely in scenes where they weren't needed). But with City Hunter, the blades never extended to be super-long as they do on the Hot Toys and NECA figures; they were either entirely or almost entirely inside the gauntlet, or else extended only this much:

gallery_31_3_179887.jpg

Actually that's incorrect. And again, it's the fault of "movie magic". :lol

In the final fight scene aboard the Predator ship the gauntlet blades are considerably longer (reminiscent of the blade length on the HT figures; Original and the new version) during all the fight scenes.

p2111.jpg

The left elbow joint really bugs me. It wasn't like that before with Shadow and Classic. It looks like the peg is longer than usual that's why maybe it's sticking out more.

Anyone tried to push that arm fully in and got a pic?

It's bugging the hell out of me too. I'm chalking it up to it just not being completely plugged in (after all it is the arm that switches with the battle damaged stump).

Hopefully it can be fixed, whatever the reason. It's definately an eye sore.

Got my figure, opened him up, put him on display. I'll probably post a pic of how I've got him later today or tomorrow. In the meantime, here's a blurb of my thoughts:

One thing I really dig about the recent Predators is even the tiniest spotting on the body seems to be done with an airbrush, so there's a good blur on the edge of every dot. Judging from the prototype pics, we'll get that effect on Scar as well, which is good.
Spear-holding hand sucks and it sucks hard. Also bummed that we still don't have disc- or spear-holding hands for the left arm, since those'd make for much more dynamic displays.
Netgun really doesn't want to fit all the way into the shin armor, but it'll at least stay if you wrench it in there.
Armor is mostly all new -- but they kept the original right thigh armor. The smooth texture of that piece doesn't quite jive with the roughness of the rest of the suit. It's okay unless you focus on it.
Head looks like a disaster area in person. I'm one of the few who was actually impressed with Classic's sculpt and thought it looked quite P1-ish with the open mouth, but this P2 is completely off. Mask went on from the very beginning. Also the neck joint is somewhat loose, though I'm not too bothered after experiencing this with Classic. Guess this is just how they'll be made from here on out.
Medical kit is nice and a much better fit on the back armor than it was on the previous version.
The arm stump looks ace. Some have complained that the paint apps are too plain, but the green they used is very fluorescent and convincing. Having simple black behind it may not have been the most realistic choice, but it only strengthens the contrast of color and makes the blood stand out more -- in a good way.
Hand paint apps are underwhelming. Quality is good, I simply wish there was more reddish/brown detailing; too much yellow which, you guessed it, isn't movie-accurate.
Both elbow joints are fine for me. They slide out of their sockets if you lightly pull or pose them, so just push them back in once you've picked a pose. Works for me, anyway.

Overall, for $230, I like what I received. He does look leagues ahead of the previous P2, it's just hard to work up too much enthusiasm since we've already seen this set of weapons and armor* on four other occassions (five if you count the BD release). I have a feeling Scar, the P2 Elder, and the other remakes will make more of an impression.

*Design-wise. The armor is newly-sculpted save for the aforementioned right thigh piece.

Last edited:
Hey guys. Here's a very early test shot of the upcoming photo shoot I'll be doing with him. Got a busy week ahead but I wanted to take a quick photo of him as it may be the weekend before I get round to it. I'm still not 100% happy with the pose, I've used one of his right hands to hold the spine in his left arm for now.:lol Hot Toys Preds seem to take alot of tweaking before you get a pose you're happy with.

P2-Text_zpsa08aecae.jpg

For now Good Night.:wave

Looking great so far! :rock

People keep bringing up the elbow issue. I've answered it a couple times but have fallen on deaf ears so here's some pics:

2B822547-E569-4C74-9A38-96C1FB7FCCDF-4419-0000062390D24696_zps5042aa9c.jpg

F48CCFBF-D429-439D-88F2-A05285867D30-4419-0000062397EAFF40_zps07077919.jpg

That's it fully plugged in. If it bugs you, you'll just have to get used to it.

Back