Hot Toys - MMS173 - Predator 2: 1/6th scale City Hunter Predator Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
People keep bringing up the elbow issue. I've answered it a couple times but have fallen on deaf ears so here's some pics:

2B822547-E569-4C74-9A38-96C1FB7FCCDF-4419-0000062390D24696_zps5042aa9c.jpg

F48CCFBF-D429-439D-88F2-A05285867D30-4419-0000062397EAFF40_zps07077919.jpg

That's it fully plugged in. If it bugs you, you'll just have to get used to it.

hEF4302EC

Last edited:
that is not a movie shot.
that's an advertising picture of the suit.
actual movie length (& shape as there were words about straight or bent shape):

bscap0117_zps079c4f6d.jpg

bscap0118_zps78dd1ea2.jpg

bscap0119_zps66a3946a.jpg

Damn you are quick! :lol

Was just watching through Predator 2 to find the blade lengths...

Ok, Spanbauer was right about the blades not extending super long, but you are right about them extending...

gallery_4038_3_119723.png

By the looks of the blades, the extend straight.

Hot Toys made them curve to probably just to 'stylize' the blades...

Iono, maybe I simply dislike it more in person. Something about holding the thing in your hand makes it less tolerable. :lol

To be honest I'm really dissappointed with the figure now I have him. The posing issues with the lack of left hand to hold the spine or spear are one thing but then you think about changing the figure and you can't really because it looks awful unmasked. The body colour looks off now too that I am seeing him in daylight.

just got my city hunter today
quite a few issues that i have
1. lack of left hands causing the posing issue, i was expecting a left hand that can hold the spine
2. its really hard to put on the mask on the city hunter, i pushed so hard to put the mask on
3. the left elbow problem that everybody has
4. the wrist blade is too tight, too hard to pull it out and back on
5. the paint job on the body (not accurate)
6. both the net cowling and the disc fall off easily
7. the spear.....really tight on one side and really loose on the other side

1. lack of left hands causing the posing issue, i was expecting a left hand that can hold the spine
2. its really hard to put on the mask on the city hunter, i pushed so hard to put the mask on

Sadly I agree.:(

Question, would the shadow predators hands work with this guy, I mean they should right, there basically the same color and body for the most part, What do you guys think?

Question, would the shadow predators hands work with this guy, I mean they should right, there basically the same color and body for the most part, What do you guys think?

the color of the shadow's hands are actually darker than the city hunter's hands, also the brass knuckles of the shadow's hands are black and the city hunter hands are brown

the color of the shadow's hands are actually darker than the city hunter's hands, also the brass knuckles of the shadow's hands are black and the city hunter hands are brown

Oh ok, worth a shot I thought. I will be receiving mine a day before my birthday so happy birthday to me:lol Though I'm getting concerned with all the negitive feedback on this guy I may have made a poor choice in purchesing him:(

Hmmm having now seen the opinions of both hardcores and moderates, I'm not feeling much of an urge to buy this figure. And I'm glad for it because theres just too much other stuff I want.

If you compare the dreads on the figure to shots of the real deal, the length is pretty much bang on.

med_gallery_31_3_5853.jpg

Seems no one is posing him with the dreads out over the shoulders. The Dreads on the old pred are too poofy and maybe a tad too long.

Hmmm having now seen the opinions of both hardcores and moderates, I'm not feeling much of an urge to buy this figure. And I'm glad for it because theres just too much other stuff I want.

I am happy I went with my initial decision not to make the purchase. I haven't felt this figure from prototype to in hand pictures/reviews.

But unlike you there is nothing out there I want. What I want is Batman Returns so I will continue to.....:impatient:

Back to the dreads, I don't think mine are torn. I think it's just some of the edge of the dread is not glued on the head. If you lightly press down on the end of the dread connected to the head, do you see that the outer edge isn't completely glued on?

I'm trying to gauge whether or not this is a problem that I need to address for a replacement.

I think exactly the same as your:exactly:........:gah:.........:(

Back to the dreads, I don't think mine are torn. I think it's just some of the edge of the dread is not glued on the head. If you lightly press down on the end of the dread connected to the head, do you see that the outer edge isn't completely glued on?

I'm trying to gauge whether or not this is a problem that I need to address for a replacement.

If thats the case then no sweat, luckily its just that and no paint scrapes or anything more major like that.

Back