Hot Toys - MMS173 - Predator 2: 1/6th scale City Hunter Predator Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In having said that, back in the early 2000's, that's all we had for Predator Figurines.

Even back then I was less than happy with them. I'm no predator expert but I was able to see that they were way off in the accuracy department. Oddly though it took later and better figures to make me realise how ****ing wierd they looked with that anorexic waist and bizarre shoulder joints.

Even back then I was less than happy with them. I'm no predator expert but I was able to see that they were way off in the accuracy department. Oddly though it took later and better figures to make me realise how ****ing wierd they looked with that anorexic waist and bizarre shoulder joints.

Yeah that's it!

Like so... :lol

predator_pred2.jpg

Big improvement through out the years.

^granted thats about as unflattering a pose as you can get but still...what were they thinking.

They thought we'll make it cooler dude. I was told I wouldn't get to work on them because I wanted to do accurate sculpts. It was sickening to see that P2 piece of crap sculpture. Oh well glad I got my chance years later. The AVP and P2 line was very poorly art directed back then by a head of sculpting that had no respect and not enough talent to do the line properly.

They thought we'll make it cooler dude. I was told I wouldn't get to work on them because I wanted to do accurate sculpts. It was sickening to see that P2 piece of crap sculpture. Oh well glad I got my chance years later. The AVP and P2 line was very poorly art directed back then by a head of sculpting that had no respect and not enough talent to do the line properly.

I remembered you talking about that before. It must have annoyed you at the time seeing those figures being praised and enjoyed, knowing how much better you could have made them.

At the time I thought the AVP figures were good, apart from the dreads, but looking at them now...notsomuch. The same bizarre proportions and hideous joints as the P2 figures.

At the time I thought the AVP figures were good, apart from the dreads, but looking at them now...notsomuch. The same bizarre proportions and hideous joints as the P2 figures.

The same will be said about the current range of Predator figures in several years time though.

The same will be said about the current range of Predator figures in several years time though.

If we're talking about the NECA preds we'd probably best take this to the NECA thread. I actually forgot this was the HT thread. Gonna copy and paste this to there.

I remembered you talking about that before. It must have annoyed you at the time seeing those figures being praised and enjoyed, knowing how much better you could have made them.

Yes the same because it's the P2 body they reused.

heeeey y'all here are ****ting on my second predator! :D
not much left of him though.

Back