Hot Toys - MMS173 - Predator 2: 1/6th scale City Hunter Predator Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
can't wait for release to use the body & gauntlets.

day01_05.jpg

almostcomplete_01.jpg

Wait p. you paint custom action figures?

Does that look 1/6 to you guys. It does to me, and I'm really hoping for a chance to get a 1/6 avp pred without selling a kidney. That's the only pred movie I don't have a representetive from :(

I think that's actually 1/4. If I position myself sitting at the desk at roughly the same level as Tsang, the figure I'd be facing is definitely larger than 12". The angle is a bit off, but you can even tell by looking at how tall it is in comparison to Tsang's head and upper-body.

Both HT sculpts could use some very minor adjustments, but I still don't think that set of photo does anything to really prove that point. :lol

Check this article out: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perspective_distortion_(photography)

Actually having a mechanical drawing background and knowing something of photography and even a little about product photography,, I.m pretty well-versed in perspective and lens distortion....however, we have seen other views of the predator sculpt and we know that the base sculpt around the mouth is almost identical to all the new preds...and, nice as they are, leave something to be desired.

My point was that it's worthless if you're posting about the accuracy of the sculpt on HT facebook page.

I.m just making am observation here....like I said, don't get me wrong, I love the newer versions, but mainly it was the eye placement that would made em just perfect enough for me....i don't mind that the mouth on the older one n the paint scheme is closer, I still have the p2 on order and the previous preds in the collection....though I do hope they adjust the eyes if they ever release classic with the p1 accoutrements...rather, let me rephrase that....readjust the eyes to match the correct placement based on the look of the prop mask...(i realize that eye placement was a limitation as it was a practical mask, but as a result the look is signature..kinda like chewie and gammorean guards, who have big heads and somewhat beady eyes...:/

Last edited:
Sure. Everyone wants' them to change and alter things based on the way they see things. . .and lets not forget that everything has to get final approval from the license owners on top of all that. I really like the look of the newer figures too, and hopefully HT will make most happy with the final version of this one.

That custom is great!
HT should give us the mandibles from old P2 and then I will be happy!
Displaying him next to Classic will show how they use the same mandibles so will look very off.

I dont see why they decided to do that other then cost cut.

Back