Hot Toys - MMS173 - Predator 2: 1/6th scale City Hunter Predator Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just post this on HT Facebook, haha.
The comparison of the City Hunter from movie, HT new P2 and HT old P2.

P2head2copy.jpg

That's it... I will get a BD P2 once the price drops... :lecture

That old sculpt is brilliant. Bakurenoh was right about the inner fangs but otherwise its great. I had the figure off the shelf the other night and minus the hilariously outdated body its totally P2. Definitely interesting in finding out if the old head is workable with the new body.

OK, I have to ask.. Not a predator expert at all, so do not understand what is the problem with the mouth - Is it because the cheek membranes are not flaring out, but sort of caved in instead?

EDIT: Think I see some of the problem - not enough lower jaw bone exposed?

I have a random question to throw out there..

Would we rather have 2 version of open mandibles like we get now (because lets face it, the "closed " mandibles are still open just a different expression)

Or 1 set of roar and 1 fully closed?

Personally i prefer what we are having now. The P2 closed mandible debate about it not looking accurate is because to me they are not closed. They are flared out and semi open. I just dont think there would ever be an occasion when i would have p2 with no mask on but his mandibles fully folded in.. ive no idea what pose to get him in to reflect why his face would be the way it is. But with the semi closed mandibles he has a facial expression that is a lot more workable in terms of what you can do with it. And to me the fully closed mandibles face looks a bit blank in expression and id just put the mask on it anyway if that was the case.

And give it new eyes. They always looked cartoony to me. In fact, almost comical.

And give it new eyes. They always looked cartoony to me. In fact, almost comical.

Thats just an issue of paintjob isn't it?

Your idea about the 'closed' mandibles is good, I can see it that way. I just happen to really like them fully closed as the original figure depicts.

Why compare a grainy photo with lens distortion to the figures? The angles don't even match up, so it's not even a fair comparison... :slap :lol

P2head2copy.jpg

I'm trying to get him banned. Already messaged a few mods..I might go ahead and start a "BAN BUTTERS" thread in the Other Discussion section. Seriously.

When it gets to the point where we're not able to use threads specifically because of this one person, it's gone way too far.

Especially since everything was literally fine until he called out a-dev without being provoked. It doesn't take a magnifying glass to see that. The NECA threads may not have been perfect, but he was obviously the final spark that lit the fire.

How he isn't banned yet, I have no idea. Kid tries way too hard to act like King Darkness, only he isn't nearly as funny (nor good at it). Right after he opens his mouth and lets the stupid out, he immediately logs off. It's like he pops in to do the maximum amount of trolling possible without getting in trouble for it. I understand this is more of a high-end board, but the NECA threads in other sections aren't as filled with hate as they are here. Chalk it up to the company doing better with those particular licenses, who knows, but he acts as if he knows what's right for the board and what isn't, despite the fact he's relatively new (I'm not saying any of us know better, all I'm saying is he's the only one who fancies himself an admin).

Just felt like putting in my two cents since I've been gone all day and recently got home. Back on-topic.

:peace

maybe ht will add an extra set of closed manibles and an extra mask with smoother texure and that way everyone will be happy and happier, for the price of p2 it wouldn't hurt, we got 2 mask with classic.

maybe ht will add an extra set of closed manibles and an extra mask with smoother texure and that way everyone will be happy and happier, for the price of p2 it wouldn't hurt, we got 2 mask with classic.

Why include an extra mask? Just smooth out the texture on the one and call it done...and (more) accurate.

Sorry for my bad photoshop. This Predator who I wish for my collection

CH_pred.jpg

Hopefully you put this in their facebook page as well. I don't think it will do any good here.

But I agree, that mask is the main problem for me. It needs to be smoothed out. Looks like it was thrown in a fryer.

Hopefully you put this in their facebook page as well. I don't think it will do any good here.

To be honest that wouldn't achieve anything. Thats just a pic of the real movie P2 head photoshopped onto the HT body. Its not exactly as simple as that from their POV. The comparison pics with the annotations say more than that pic.

Back