Hot Toys - MMS173 - Predator 2: 1/6th scale City Hunter Predator Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That custom is great!
HT should give us the mandibles from old P2 and then I will be happy!
Displaying him next to Classic will show how they use the same mandibles so will look very off.

I dont see why they decided to do that other then cost cut.

Umm... They aren't the same as Classics. :lol

newpred22ht2012.jpg

link is on the photo.

There is a picture of the closed mandibles on his screen. How did they mess it up?

Not sure if anyone has posted this, but did they cover up the joints or something on this new P2? I preordered 'cause it looks awesome and not seeing the joints is great.

Not sure if anyone has posted this, but did they cover up the joints or something on this new P2? I preordered 'cause it looks awesome and not seeing the joints is great.

Theyre there...take a good look at the lower half of the biceps, the waist articulation is hidden by the belt

Are they? I'll have to take a closer look...

I think he means that the closed mandibles are exactly the same as the ones on Shadow, except for the extra ridges added. And they are. Which is completely inaccurate to the movie.

Are you using a phone or something? That might explain why you can't see the flaws. :dunno The quality and paint job on this thing is amazing, but there are much flaws with the headsculpt itself. I often even find myself denying that there's nothing wrong with the headsculpt sometimes due to the incredible paint job that's covering it. Still, no denying what can't be denying. No stopping what can't be stopped. No killing what can't be killed. Wait, what? :lol

Im still calling the sculpt 1:5 so they can blow up or shrink down from it rather than doing 2 different sculpts

Not when the Falconer off to the right is less than half its size..

So you're saying that's a NECA Falconer, then? I'd say that figure he's sculpting is around 16"-18", so less than half would be around 7" ........ Yep, that's NECA scale. Good call.

:cuckoo:

Hot Toys is losing their touch. Or maybe they already lost it? I'm not a Pred collector (not yet, anyway), but for the prices that we're paying for these figures, I'd expect nothing less than perfection, or as close to perfection as humanly possible.

I've seen Predator 2 so many times that I could tell that the closed mandible photo for the figure was completely wrong. For your sake guys, I really hope that they get this resolved. I'd be pissed too if I was looking forward to a figure that turned out to be very innacurate in some way.

I think the figure looks great. Even with the inconsistencies.

Having said that it's another easy pass for me.

My display case is filled with Preds and I just don't see the point of adding more to the collection. I'm just not seeing that much of a huge difference to justify buying it.

I actually ended up getting Noland to have a different, visually interesting character to go along with Royce, Dutch and Billy.

I'll hold off and hope we get some other human characters.

Back