Hot Toys MMS146- Thor (Chris Hemsworth) 1/6 Limited Edition Figure Full Specs + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry to bug you all with questions, but I like the idea of swapping the arms...

I've been looking at some "Barney Ross" bodies on eBay, there don't seem to be any of the little plastic screw covers visible that you get on a regular TT body.
Is that because the whole upper torso is covered in rubber?

Do you have to cut through that to undo the screws and remove the arms?

Seems an expensive way to upgrade Thor if it means destroying the donor body!

Thanks for any insights guys.

Colin

Sorry to bug you all with questions, but I like the idea of swapping the arms...

I've been looking at some "Barney Ross" bodies on eBay, there don't seem to be any of the little plastic screw covers visible that you get on a regular TT body.
Is that because the whole upper torso is covered in rubber?

Do you have to cut through that to undo the screws and remove the arms?

Seems an expensive way to upgrade Thor if it means destroying the donor body!

Thanks for any insights guys.

Colin

Actually you can remove the rubber torso.
One one of the side the rubber torso is glue, you can easily unglue it and then removed it.

well, my helmet is ruined, so I'm going to try and buy a modded helmet. I'm too scared to try doing that again myself. Also what is the general consensus on the best body for Thor? Dutch, Barney Ross, Chris Redfield, KP, or ACI? Really want to do the sleeveless look.

It really is personal preference on the body. Do you want larger biceps and not care about seams then the KP or Seb's barney arm mod (which looks minimally evasive) looks great.

If you want seamless and not afraid of getting your hands dirty with an exacto knife you can get a Dutch / Chris / T800 seamless look. (Bodies are a little pricey too.) They do not fit well within the armor shell so to get it to close on the seams you have to trim the chest/back on these to get the top back on. These bodies got some big lats.

You can go swith the sleeved look too on these if you would like chain mail on them. But you may have to just cut sleeves and stuff at the shoulders for the rubber bodies I don't know how it will fit all in, it may. I plan on parting some new chainmail for mine once new avengers version is out.

Thanks for all the great info and advice guys.

Think I'll live with Thor for a bit, then maybe go for an arm or whole body swap.

I like him straight out the box, but there's definately room for improvement - but not for the faint hearted!

:)

Thanks for all the great info and advice guys.

Think I'll live with Thor for a bit, then maybe go for an arm or whole body swap.

I like him straight out the box, but there's definately room for improvement - but not for the faint hearted!

:)

Agreed. Although I did like it out of the box at first till I saw all the great mods up here. Now I want a KP body to cannibalize the arms. Any sellers to stay away from on eBay? Or does someone sell them here for a decent price?

Having a play around with Thor.

So we know the arms are going to involve a bit of "Surgery" so until I'm ready to scrub up, I thought I'd try something nice and simple....

The thing that struck me most about the figure after I had un boxed him, more than the lack of muscle in his arms, was how scrawny his legs looked.

Decided to use an old trick I've performed on many a medicom figure in the past. Zero cost, zero skill required, easy improvement.

First off strip sir to the waist. (Excuse gratuitous wiener shot!)
5768A6EC-78F1-425B-A0B9-7C5C9D4BBB2F-1231-000000ECA5137C36.jpg

Start wrapping sheets of toilet tissue, (unused!) around the thighs, secured with tabs of clear Sellotape.

Same on other side....
E66F5772-A05C-402C-B4A2-EA6AA6508C5A-1231-000000ECAB0A7619.jpg

Now a second layer going further down the legs....
01B79C48-C605-49EB-BA30-B40171AF25F7-1231-000000ECAF797D0D.jpg

OK now I grant you, at this point he looks like he's just got out of hospital after a particularly nasty bike accident. But. Once you squeeze his trousers back on (very tight fit now, take your time or you'll rip the paper and have to start again!)

You have (IMHO) a much more natural look.
0BA91C06-1E25-4F05-9661-FD2409BA6F20-1231-000000ECB3691C44.jpg

The soft tissue "fat suit" moulds itself to the leg sculpt, and fills the trouser legs without any visible bulges. You can also work it into the hollows at the groin to stop the trousers "bunching" there which always makes a figure look "toylike."

It doesn't make a huge difference, but for something that takes about 10 minutes & costs no money (assuming you have toilet roll!?!) it's worth a go.

I thought it was worth sharing :)

I'd do it if I could get the armour off without cutting it.

I forgot to mention, it doesn't seem to hamper the articulation at all. Bonus.

I'd do it if I could get the armour off without cutting it.

I forgot to mention, it doesn't seem to hamper the articulation at all. Bonus.

that's really good.

I tried the body suit mod that a few of us have done, and the overall effect makes Thor look puffy. With your mod, by taping down the tissue paper, it might give a more defined look (especially in the arms)

I'll have to try this out.

Except that body suit was a ***** to fit under the armor and pants

I went with making his tunic armor tighter through the waist which, for me, solved the thin legs look. I feel the armor through the waist is way to wide and should have been more V shaped. Here is mine with the mod.

Thor1.jpg

Back