Hot Toys MMS146- Thor (Chris Hemsworth) 1/6 Limited Edition Figure Full Specs + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmmm....lemme think.
What suits an asgardian storm god better when knocking ice giant skulls?
Under armour chainmail or hybrid disco/biker leather pants better suited for partying with Tony Stark.
Yeah, thats a tough one.
:wink1:

Yeah you have a point there, but I still think it looks horrible :lol

They have created some great classic designs with a modern feel for the Asgardians and their culture and I'm very happy with the design they have chosen for Thor.

Who said they're regular earth leather pants. :dunno

They are Asgardian Leather created in the cosmos, they're impenetrable to ice giant spears and are also water proof and can be dry cleaned at an Asgardian Dry Cleaner.

Last edited:
Hmmm....lemme think.
What suits an asgardian storm god better when knocking ice giant skulls?
Under armour chainmail or hybrid disco/biker leather pants better suited for partying with Tony Stark.
Yeah, thats a tough one.
:wink1:

Pfft, that's obvious~ Leather pants for partying with Tony Stark! Woohoo! Party @ the Avengers' mansion!

:slap
What, so you think he looks good now?
Leather biker pants and space ranger boots?
He could stand to look closer to the current comic page which is what I described.
They had a good start or at least a decent compromise with the top half of the costume but it loses steam as it gets to the waist.
Rather than battle ready Thor he looks like casual Thor who lounges around the house playing with his "hammer".
This direction suits him better imo.

Yeah, I do. I like the look a lot and they had nothing thankfully in the art book that was as halloweenish as what you are showing. Some of the more crazy comic book looks don't work in the real world. Iron Man, TDK, Thor, etc that make a nice "real" world look to these guys comes off great. Keep the extravagant looks in the comics. Hell, he didn't even have that in ultimate Thor which was an awesome look.

Who said they're regular earth leather pants. :dunno

They are Asgardian Leather created in the cosmos, they're impenetrable to ice giant spears and are also water proof and can be dry cleaned at an Asgardian Dry Cleaner.

Hate to point out your error jye, but I believe Thor is wearing "Corinthian Leather" and not Asgardian leather. I saw Khan pitching it on TV....several decades ago!

Yeah, it just doesn't look right. Triple-H looking Thor works in comics not so much in the real world.

:lecture:lecture:lecture Exactly. They try to reach a happy medium between the super massive comic Thor and what could be realistically digestible in a full length live action feature film, and I think they got it right on the money.

:lecture:lecture:lecture Exactly. They try to reach a happy medium between the super massive comic Thor and what could be realistically digestible in a full length live action feature film, and I think they got it right on the money.

Agreed and same with the costume. Its a fine line between being an awesome comic book movie and Batman and Robin. :lol

Agreed and same with the costume. Its a fine line between being an awesome comic book movie and Batman and Robin. :lol

I think they payed homage to Kirby in the entire design of Thor (the film). Now I don't have the art books like you do Josh so I'm sure you can confirm this but I feel they tried to hit at a point where Asgard and all the characters looked futuristic, just like Kirby's original designs. To me it's close to perfect. Could I knit pick? Of course, but I don't see the point since I'm pretty damn happy with what we did get.

Anyone here any info on coming release? I know sideshow says they're charging cards today, but what about other vendors? I have one preordered through Cornerstore, and I'm getting anxious.

I think they payed homage to Kirby in the entire design of Thor (the film). Now I don't have the art books like you do Josh so I'm sure you can confirm this but I feel they tried to hit at a point where Asgard and all the characters looked futuristic, just like Kirby's original designs. To me it's close to perfect. Could I knit pick? Of course, but I don't see the point since I'm pretty damn happy with what we did get.

Yeah, the designs show they tried to honor that. All the designs did a nice job of blending the futuristic look with something that works. In the end it worked great.

U need to get the book though. Its worth it.

It would seem Thor has no costume change for The Avengers.

Avengers.jpg

Thor was supposed to ship today for all pre-orders, but the website shows "backordered". Does this happen often and if so, how long does it usually take for them to get more stock? Thanks.

I like all the new looks, except for Iron Man. I think overall HT is getting carried away with "different" suits. I mean come on did they really need to come out with a secret project version when there are so many other figures we are waiting for! I'm glad that Thor is basically the same so we don't have to buy another version.

Back