Hot Toys-MMS116:IRON MAN- Tony Stark (Mech Test Version) spec + pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I decided to take out the batteries from this figure since I haven't used the light feature since I first got it, but I couldn't get the covers off the boots after unscrewing them. Is there some trick to it?

My tony stark WIP. Just wanted to share :)

P1000117.jpg

P1000111.jpg

P1000116.jpg

P1000107.jpg

Last edited:
Tt kind of light emits alot of heat. (halogen?) You need use LEDs

:exactly: sorry, took a while to come back to this thread :D
In general any collectible will need to be protected from Sun/UV Light, Heat and Dryness. That light seems to pretty much cover all the nonos :p

Awsome Tubes! Were did you get the suit from?
From Ebay for $55, however the only one i can still find costs $70.
It does include a body and sculpt though (which i'll be trowing away)
Check it out here

:exactly: sorry, took a while to come back to this thread :D
In general any collectible will need to be protected from Sun/UV Light, Heat and Dryness. That light seems to pretty much cover all the nonos :p
It's a normal 40watt light bulb. I'll go looking for LED lights first thing end of the month and keep the off for now. Thanks for the tips everyone.

I got the same body waiting for kitbash as well. The HS is little worry about. The Dark Knight collectors tend to snatch it up in the DC section so unless you are actually keeping it and not throwing it out it should still be worth $10-20 on it's own especially when the full set is starting to deplete. Prison Break collectors might also be interested :D

Last edited:
Hot Toys Mech Test Help

I just received the Hot Toys Mech Test yesterday and needed a little help putting the large and small bag on the belt. Do I take the belt off or try to do it with the belt on? What are the small silver prongs for? Any help would be appreciated.

I've been working on a custom Tony Stark figure and used the mech test body. However, none of the regular hand pegs seem to fit into the arms. Are there any that will fit or will I have to swap arms?

Yeah, the arms have the lights in them. The bags have little belt like loops that you can just pull out of the strap running horizontal on the bag, then just wrap them around the belt and tuck them back in.

I just received my Mech Test (actually got it on Monday, but I was out of town,) and I just got it setup and was wondering if there was something that needs to be done with the black plastic wires that run around him? Other than that, I'm loving this figure, the whole backdrop and robot make it a great display piece.

Back