Hot Toys-MMS116:IRON MAN- Tony Stark (Mech Test Version) spec + pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A very unique and well constructed figure, however, for a detolf.... The stand is just too damn big. :(

A very unique and well constructed figure, however, for a detolf.... The stand is just too damn big. :(

I don't mind the stand ..its the backdrop that bothers me ..if it was just a little smaller it would fit into the detolf ..such a shame it would look awesome,but i may buy a second one and cut it down.

Ppl have made color copies of the backdrop so to cut the copy and to preserve the original so that might be something to consider
:borg:

I have the same fear for the Bruce Lee DX mirror backdrop... I hope that thing fits! But it looks like it wont by a few millimeters.

I have the same fear for the Bruce Lee DX mirror backdrop... I hope that thing fits! But it looks like it wont by a few millimeters.

Hot toys should really keep in mind when designing there backdrops for future releases that detolfs are probably the most popular display options for 1/6 collectors.

Yeah...

And actually now that I think about it and examine it... I do believe the Bruce Lee backdrops will fit inside the detolf. The reason being DX boxes can fit inside without much hassle. The backdrop could not be taller than the DX box.

Not so sure that all DX boxes will have to be the same but since BL has no flight or in flight kick mode supported by the stand it should not warrant a tall backdrop like Mech Test Tony ;)

Awesome display!
great setup!

Thanks.... I assume you are talking about my signature :p I had to process it a bit as I have all signatures and avatars disabled for some time now :lol

Thinking of selling my second unopened Tony as I have to liquidate some stuff. What should I be asking for? Any one local to me that be interested?

Last edited:
yesterday i tried to put harvey dent hands on my tony with the pegs. looks not good. to long. i drill a bigger hole in the t800 hands, and the fit perfect. this picture is just an example, tony will get a suit soon.

14cvbb8.jpg

i've been debating buyin this guy for a while, what do you think worth it? keep in mind i don't have alot of money to spend on these things so if anyone knows where i can maybe get one cheap hit me up!

i've been debating buyin this guy for a while, what do you think worth it? keep in mind i don't have alot of money to spend on these things so if anyone knows where i can maybe get one cheap hit me up!

I have this figure in my collection. I think it's worth it once you actually see it in person. Especially with the excellent Tony head sculpt and the cool extra accessory he comes with. He's still available at Alter Ego and Corner Store Comics for the lowest price I've seen to date. Good luck on your buying decision.

im stuck between Black Widow and Mech Test Tony, i wonder which one should i get! I love Scarjo but Mech Test Tony is very cool!

yesterday i tried to put harvey dent hands on my tony with the pegs. looks not good. to long. i drill a bigger hole in the t800 hands, and the fit perfect. this picture is just an example, tony will get a suit soon.

14cvbb8.jpg
Looks not bad. :clap
But how did you do to remove the brackets? :confused:

Back