Hot Toys-MMS116:IRON MAN- Tony Stark (Mech Test Version) spec + pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, can someone (who knows how) tell me how to remove his arm brackets. Or point me in the right direction if it's been posted somewhere.
Thank u.

So, can someone (who knows how) tell me how to remove his arm brackets. Or point me in the right direction if it's been posted somewhere.
Thank u.

Well its not easy. I had to break the bottom of little piece of blue plastic where the wire enters the arm. I didn't want to cut the wire or remove the plug end. Once you have that separate then its about removing the hands and pulling the brackets off. The pull the sleeves up, they are taped to the wrist. Then unscrew the forearm and pull the light unit out. It was a plug that the hand fits on. The LED is just pushed inside of it and should just pull out. Then put it all back together.
ff3067bd.jpg

Well its not easy. I had to break the bottom of little piece of blue plastic where the wire enters the arm. I didn't want to cut the wire or remove the plug end. Once you have that separate then its about removing the hands and pulling the brackets off. The pull the sleeves up, they are taped to the wrist. Then unscrew the forearm and pull the light unit out. It was a plug that the hand fits on. The LED is just pushed inside of it and should just pull out. Then put it all back together.
ff3067bd.jpg

Thx for the reply Robbie, but that sounds more complicated than i thought. Is this thing permanent? As in; can I put it back together if I wanna? I'll look at the figure later, when i get home from work and maybe I'll get a clearer idea of what u mean.

the only thing that is permanent is the break of the little plastic tab that goes around the blue wire. Everything else can go back together. The only thing is your also going to have to mod the wrist so you can use normal hands. If not your stuck with the gloved hands.

Here is the mod for it, but its even more complicated than the wire mod. Here is the post for it.

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2673963&postcount=1179

the only thing that is permanent is the break of the little plastic tab that goes around the blue wire. Everything else can go back together. The only thing is your also going to have to mod the wrist so you can use normal hands. If not your stuck with the gloved hands.

Here is the mod for it, but its even more complicated than the wire mod. Here is the post for it.

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2673963&postcount=1179
Actually, for the hands, I have an idea of using some spare TrueType hands, and expanding the socket (where the wrist pegs would go into the hands), to accommodate the light up wrist pegs on the figure. should be easily done since they're rubber.

Actually, for the hands, I have an idea of using some spare TrueType hands, and expanding the socket (where the wrist pegs would go into the hands), to accommodate the light up wrist pegs on the figure. should be easily done since they're rubber.

let me know how that goes, im in the same boat as you
just waiting for the new hands to arrive so that i can start testing it out.

let me know how that goes, im in the same boat as you
just waiting for the new hands to arrive so that i can start testing it out.

I'm almost a 100% sure my hand trick would work, 'cuz I've done it to all my HT fig, so the hands swap easily.
Grab an HT hand, grab a knife or a pair of scissors, jam the pointy/sharp end of either, into the peg socket/hole in the hand, and start doing a drilling motion. This motion cause the knife/scissors to shave the rubbers off the wall of the hand socket/hole, effectively expanding it. Do a bit off drilling and keep testing as you go, you don't want the hole to be too big.
An easier way maybe, would be to use a small drill....but I don't have that, and this works for me. :)

So, tried to remove the arm brackets last nite after getting back from work. I saw the blue plastic thingy that the blue wire goes through. How exactly do i go about breaking it? Also found that the tabs on the side of the arms are removable (like in Robbie's pic). I need more details on how to remove it though, can anyone help?

just got my hands so will be having a go at getting those on the mech test body soon.
will be back to let you know how it goes

ok so... tried making the hole in the hand bigger to fit the led hand pegs. didn't really work too well.
not too sure how else to do it. the other guy who did it by resizing the hole in the arm and adding something to the peg did not really explain how he did the peg part?
whats that little silver piece and how did he get it there?

ok so... tried making the hole in the hand bigger to fit the led hand pegs. didn't really work too well.
not too sure how else to do it. the other guy who did it by resizing the hole in the arm and adding something to the peg did not really explain how he did the peg part?
whats that little silver piece and how did he get it there?

That sux! the LED pegs must be too big, haven't tried it myself, but I had high hopes for it. Have you tried removing the arm braces?

yeah i got the arm braces off a long time ago
takes some time to actually get them off. i unhinged mine at the seem
however, it will not go back together without glue but i dont really care because i have another one anyway.
bought the body separate from ebay.
going to have a brain storm today on how i can possibly get the hands thing to work.
il let you know how it goes

i found a temporary solution. i put tiny rubber bands around the pegs on the hands then fastened the arm around it.
only problem wit this is that i don't think you can change the hands with out taking the arm apart again.

Just got this guy, and I'm baffled as to why HT made it so difficult to modify. Seems like it should be much easier to take off the arm brackets and to convert him into other versions of Tony. Given that he seems stuck as he comes without major modifications, I don't know why they gave him an extra pair of shoes. You're gonna give him dress shoes but leave the arm brakets on? I would actually prefer to display him without the brackets, but don't want to risk screwing something up/breaking something with a modification.

Just got this guy, and I'm baffled as to why HT made it so difficult to modify. Seems like it should be much easier to take off the arm brackets and to convert him into other versions of Tony. Given that he seems stuck as he comes without major modifications, I don't know why they gave him an extra pair of shoes. You're gonna give him dress shoes but leave the arm brakets on? I would actually prefer to display him without the brackets, but don't want to risk screwing something up/breaking something with a modification.

that same thing puzzled me for the longest time until i bought another mech test body off ebay to custom that way if i broke the arm brackets it would not matter. but i would always be puzzled as to why the shoes if you can't take off the arm brackets :S

Back