Hot Toys - MMS - Wolverine (in X-MEN suit)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also, what's with all the hate for the suit? Come on man, X-Men is probably about the only Marvel Comic book movie done right, having them run around in yellow and blue suits what have made it a laughing stock!

The leather outfits gave the films credibility. I think X-Men is one of the most under rated comic book movies ever, 1 and 2 were masterpieces, 3 not so much!

Also, what's with all the hate for the suit? Come on man, X-Men is probably about the only Marvel Comic book movie done right, having them run around in yellow and blue suits what have made it a laughing stock!

The leather outfits gave the films credibility. I think X-Men is one of the most under rated comic book movies ever, 1 and 2 were masterpieces, 3 not so much!

Yep.
The Village people loved the X-men movies...
:rotfl

So you'd rather have them running around in bright yellow and blue suits, yeah cause that would look soooooo good! :rolleyes2

I don't actually care either way to be honest. Just trying to get a rise out of you. Although the spandex would have looked out of of place in a movie, i don't know that biker gear was the way to go...
I didn't realise i was following this thread. It shall be remedied as soon as i submit this message, lol.

I don't actually care either way to be honest. Just trying to get a rise out of you. Although the spandex would have looked out of of place in a movie, i don't know that biker gear was the way to go...
I didn't realise i was following this thread. It shall be remedied as soon as i submit this message, lol.

Either way the costumes don't take away from the movies.

The leather costumes most certainly did take away from the movies. They were ok but they were not the X Men. The costumes from first class were much better and actually looked like something off of the comic page. I never liked the biker outfits.

Haha. I personally didn't like the leather suit, but that neccessarily doesn't mean Wolverine had to be wearing Yellow/ Blue spandex. They could have put him in his Black/Silver spandex suit like in "Fear Itself".

As far as this figure goes, I also think the headsculpt looks great.

I am looking forward to XLS and the new film version :love

Speaking of the new film version I know in an interview the hot toys ceo stated that they had the license for the Wolverine movie but we have yet to see a formal announcement are the waiting for a trailer to come out or something and not to mention the pics I saw of the making only show him in a suit not uniform of any kind

The leather costumes most certainly did take away from the movies. They were ok but they were not the X Men. The costumes from first class were much better and actually looked like something off of the comic page. I never liked the biker outfits.

Haha. I personally didn't like the leather suit, but that neccessarily doesn't mean Wolverine had to be wearing Yellow/ Blue spandex. They could have put him in his Black/Silver spandex suit like in "Fear Itself".

As far as this figure goes, I also think the headsculpt looks great.

I don't think any kind of spandex would have looked good, be it silver, gold, black, blue, yellow!

The First Class outfits were nice and they fit that movie, but they wouldn't have worked in the Original Trilogy.

I am not saying the black leather outfits were perfect, but I don't really know where else they would have been able to go with the costumes.

X-Men isn't and never has been on the same level as the likes of Spider-man etc, it's always had much more serious/polticial undertones to it. By having them run around in spandex in the movies would have made it too comical.

Speaking of the new film version I know in an interview the hot toys ceo stated that they had the license for the Wolverine movie but we have yet to see a formal announcement are the waiting for a trailer to come out or something and not to mention the pics I saw of the making only show him in a suit not uniform of any kind

The film isn't due to release until the end of July 2013, the specs will likely appear sometime around or after that date.

I am surely anticipating Wolverine in Japan.
Maybe Hot Toys will spark multiple variations of Wolverine from that movie sort of like Ironman, Batman, Joker, Predator etc...
Samurai Wolverine would be awesome, right Hot Toys?

wolverine_2013_04.png
x-men-wolverine-2013-659.jpg

45514_446493075423681_1480142140_n.jpg

Is it just me or does this look different from the prototype? Wonder if we will be getting an early release for this figure as well.

Does he even have a costume for the wolverine movie in all the pics the showed he is not walking around shirtless and with basic pants. I am not even sure he is going to be wearing a uniform considering that this is a solo movie

I'm sorry but that hs is awful and I think the suit is well done but it doesn't excite me like the medicom version does:) an alternate hs would been nice

Back