1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - The Phantom Menace - Qui-Gon Jinn

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A few shots with the robe...before i throw it in the wash:)

DSC_0255.JPGDSC_0260.JPGDSC_0261.JPGDSC_0264.JPGDSC_0282.JPG

I’ve heard that recommended by more than a couple. I’ll be doing that to mine just to be on the safe side.

Definitely give it a hand washing, but after, give it a soak and rinse with fabric softener for an even better drape when done.

I didn't get much dye out soaking in warm water. I might give it a try with some of that softener.

One thing I've noticed is that his chest seems a bit bulky. I might try and shave it down a tiny bit like I've had to do on other figures

Edit: Actually, I just messed with a bit and loosed the fit by pulling down some. Seems to fit better now and not be so tight on the chest

Beautiful shots! I wanna play with the light up a bit more before sadly taking the batteries out for long term display.

Reminds me, I have a bunch of MIB HTs I need to go back and do that to. Is there a rough estimate how long they last before starting to leak? They ship with plastic tabs right?

Reminds me, I have a bunch of MIB HTs I need to go back and do that to. Is there a rough estimate how long they last before starting to leak? They ship with plastic tabs right?

I just boxed up my Agent Coulson to put on EBay and tried the batteries that came with the BFG. They still worked and hadn’t leaked. And I got that figure brand new from Sideshow in 2013.... But I live in the cold of Scotland, lol. A warmer, more humid place might have different results.

I just boxed up my Agent Coulson to put on EBay and tried the batteries that came with the BFG. They still worked and hadn’t leaked. And I got that figure brand new from Sideshow in 2013.... But I live in the cold of Scotland, lol. A warmer, more humid place might have different results.

Thanks. Sadly I live in a warmer, more humid place (eastern Australia)!

With any figures i have bought used(Especially when i purchased them from the USA), i check the lights are working, then remove the batteries. It's the only way to make sure of no leakage. And i seldom replace them. I really feel the lights are mostly a gimmick(Just my own opinion). I use an off-camera UV light to light up lightsabers rather than the battery powered arms, or photoshop them. The only ones i ever use are things like BB-8, or custom heat vision on Superman heads(But i fit them myself, so i know where the batteries come from and how long they will last before being changed).

matrix69's images convinced me- a must buy figure! Any EU collectors aware of any stores who still have this figure available? Seems like most pre-orders have sold out already. :dunno

Yeah, warmth and humidity doesn't help. I've actually left batteries in for quite a while with no issues; and Qui-Gon is too new to worry about it for now. I usually give a fig 3 months or so - then I start worrying and pull out the batteries.

Most comments I've read all seem to say HT uses cheap batteries too.

matrix69's images convinced me- a must buy figure!

Honestly don't think any SW fan would regret this one. After reading all the tepid comments, I wasn't expecting much. Then got impressed enough to consider a second one - still arguing with myself about it lol.:cool: Am not even a PT collector but just like the character.

A quick crappy pic. One thing I found on mine is that the copper wire is poking out of one side. I guess I can cut it off. Wish his hair didn't restrict the motion so much. You pretty much can't get him to do anything but look straight ahead

quigon.jpg

A quick crappy pic. One thing I found on mine is that the copper wire is poking out of one side. I guess I can cut it off. Wish his hair didn't restrict the motion so much. You pretty much can't get him to do anything but look straight ahead

View attachment 504200

The wire poked through on mine as well...I just pushed it back in.

Head restriction hasn't bothered me as much as i thought it would. You can get some movement...just be careful when turning that the hair doesn't rub against the neck and damage it.

All i need now is a couple of Battle droids for him to strike down:)

DSC_0066.JPGDSC_0093.JPG

Head restriction hasn't bothered me as much as i thought it would. You can get some movement...just be careful when turning that the hair doesn't rub against the neck and damage it.

All i need now is a couple of Battle droids for him to strike down:)

View attachment 504241View attachment 504242

Man those pictures are hurting for Ric Ole and Panaka!! :) Two characters that could really have been one. Also names that take you back to 1999!

Back